Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman calls for truce with Bolton Wanderers fans in plea for unity

+9
Hip Priest
gloswhite
bryan458
Natasha Whittam
JAH
doffcocker
Norpig
Numpty 28723
karlypants
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Yes the team should be giving 100% but unlike Natasha, I actually think they are doing.

I'd take you on but it's clear you've become a WUM.

You actually have to attend games to witness effort/lack of it.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Yes the team should be giving 100% but unlike Natasha, I actually think they are doing.

You actually have to attend games to witness effort/lack of it.
Or watch them on the telly and internet.

You really think they're not trying? Really? What would they have to gain by not trying?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

You really think they're not trying? Really? What would they have to gain by not trying?

They go through the motions, but in my opinion you can judge how committed a team is by how they react to being a goal down with 10 minutes left.

In days gone by we would lay siege to the opposition penalty area, even if it was just hopeful punts, there would be reckless tackles as players were desperate for the ball, and full-backs would become wingers and everyone would push up.

None of that these days, too much like hard work.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

They go through the motions, but in my opinion you can judge how committed a team is by how they react to being a goal down with 10 minutes left.

In days gone by we would lay siege to the opposition penalty area, even if it was just hopeful punts, there would be reckless tackles as players were desperate for the ball, and full-backs would become wingers and everyone would push up.

None of that these days, too much like hard work.
I would love to see them push further up the pitch and "lay siege to the opposition penalty area" as you suggest. In fact I'm sure that's what Dougie has told them to do -  but it's a pretty pointless exercise if you haven't got the ball.

For someone who revels in criticising others for "knowing what Dougie is thinking despite the fact that none of us ever can because we're not him", that last statement is an odd one.

You can't have it both ways........

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:For someone who revels in criticising others for "knowing what Dougie is thinking despite the fact that none of us ever can because we're not him", that last statement is an odd one.

Fair point. The "I'm sure" bit was meant to indicate that I was expressing what I think Dougie may have said to them so I'll try to be clearer henceforth.

I note that Dougie's call for unity is having about as much success as your no biting policy.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:
Breadman wrote:For someone who revels in criticising others for "knowing what Dougie is thinking despite the fact that none of us ever can because we're not him", that last statement is an odd one.

Fair point. The "I'm sure" bit was meant to indicate that I was expressing what I think Dougie may have said to them so I'll try to be clearer henceforth.

I note that Dougie's call for unity is having about as much success as your no biting policy.

Dougie would totally get his wish of all fans uniting together behind the team if he quit. Its that simple. Granted WL, you may be on the side moping for a couple of days, but even you'd come round and get excited at the club going in the right direction again - we might even win a few!

Dougie needs to take his fat pay cheque and his well recorded stats of the two single worse starts to a football season for any Bolton manager in recent memory and just leave, taking LL with him. Then we can move forward again!

Who would be our saviour Jah?

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Any manager that has a track record of getting a team promoted from the Championship or any foreign manager that has a decent track record in the top tier of a European league. That's the requirements. Somebody else needs to provide the names.

Do you seriously think that's realistic?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:Any manager that has a track record of getting a team promoted from the Championship or any foreign manager that has a decent track record in the top tier of a European league. That's the requirements. Somebody else needs to provide the names.

You're one of those that wants instant success. Maybe you should join Scott in supporting chelsea

JAH wrote:Any manager that has a track record of getting a team promoted from the Championship or any foreign manager that has a decent track record in the top tier of a European league. That's the requirements. Somebody else needs to provide the names.

Having half an hour to kill before leaving the office, I thought I'd look up manager who have got a team promoted from the Championship in the last 10 years -

Roy Keane
Paul Jewell
Alan Pardew
Steve Coppell
Neil Warnock
Aidy Boothroyd
Mick McCarthy
Steve Bruce
Billy Davies
Tony Mowbray
Tony Pulis
Phil Brown
Alex McLeish
Owen Coyle
Chris Hughton
Roberto Di Mateo
Ian Holoway
Paul Lambert 
Brendan Rodgers
Brian McDermott
Nigel Adkins
Sam Allardyce
Malky McKay
Sean Dyche
Nigel Pearson
Harry Redknapp

We can write off Pulis as why would he drop down? He'll get a prem club soon enough. The rest of the names highlighted are without a club, but don't make for very happy reading if you ask me.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Cheers 1874 for the list. Is interesting read. RDM would be an interesting shout, but hasn't had experience getting a team promoted. What about Laudrup? He's out of work. You know what I would be excited about all but 5 on that full list.

As the others are in work, I think only the highlighted named are at all possible. Of them we can write off McKay, Coyle and Pulis for obvious reasons, probably add Coppell to that list too.

That leaves RDM, McDermott, Hughton, Mowbray, Davies and Jewell. RDM hasn't taken a job so far because he's still getting paid by Chelsea and doesn't want to end that. I quite like him but I'm not convinced he'd take our job, he'll almost certainly get better offers. For me Hughton is a decent, realistic option and has experience of working with nothing at Birmingham. But one name out of that list says a lot.

Laudrup is managing in the Middle East somewhere - and undoubtedly getting a kings random to do so. I really don't mean to be dismissive, but even if he was unemployed he's exactly the sort of unrealistic target I'm talking about we'd never get him.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I notice that Owen Coyle's name is highlighted. Very Happy

Failing that what's Gary Megson up to these days?  Cool

Shall I start running now? Twisted Evil

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Pete that attitude does not help and furthermore gives Gartside ideas!

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

There was a winky smilie after that but didn't work so here's a bog standard one ;-)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum