Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fulham v Bolton

+20
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Pevensey Pete
BoltonTillIDie
Athertonian
JAH
Soul Kitchen
bryan458
observer
luckyPeterpiper
terenceanne
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
karlypants
Reebok_Rebel
Boggersbelief
MartinBWFC
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

21Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Mon Sep 29 2014, 15:26

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
OneFinFreedman wrote:When was the last time we won a league (I know we won in the F.A cup) match at Fulham ? I remember winning 4-1 there about 20 years ago, can't remember many since.

Remember it well, we scored an amazing team goal, about 5000 passes* before Alan Stubbs tapped in.

* For Bolton fans brought up under Coyle & Freedman, a pass is when one Bolton player kicks the ball to another Bolton player.

Very Happy HA HA!!!!! Class!!!!!

22Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Mon Sep 29 2014, 17:28

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
* For Bolton fans brought up under Coyle & Freedman, a pass is when one Bolton player kicks the ball to another Bolton player.
Very Happy
Your best post this year in my opinion Nat.  Laughing

23Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Tue Sep 30 2014, 09:05

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fulham to embark on a roll. Relegation fight in the tenth match of the season!!

24Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Tue Sep 30 2014, 13:32

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I am totally lost with this fixture tonight. I'm fed up wanting us to get beaten to get this muppet fired. I want to WANT us to win again and get excited about my team. I want us to beat Fulham, but that would prolong this very dark period we're in and keep us all in limbo for a another few weeks until the next capitulation. This is now worse than the Megson period imo. For the good of my club DF has to go, so nothing but a Fulham win will do to accelerate this process. I truly hate it, but it has to be done for all our sanity and then we can move on.

The fact that DF, much like Steve Kean did at Blackburn, refuses to stand down is testament to his arrogance and his latest BN mutterings further proof of his incompetence.

I want this nightmare to be over as quickly as possible. If Fulham beating us is the catalyst to end this nightmare then, so be it. If DF stays even after this game and the next, then I have to ask myself the question, why do I call myself a Bolton Wanderers supporter. Maybe I should find another team to support or another sport to follow. Important 7 days to come for all concerned.

25Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Tue Sep 30 2014, 13:52

Our problems will be a long way from over when DF goes, we're still going to be in a pile of debt with a bunch of poor players.

26Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Tue Sep 30 2014, 13:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman spoke to the media at the club’s training ground on Tuesday morning ahead of the trip to face Fulham.

27Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Tue Sep 30 2014, 13:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Team news: Chris Herd fit for Fulham trip

Bolton Wanderers are set boosted by the return of loanee Chris Herd for the midweek visit to Fulham.

The Australian international, who recently joined on a temporary basis from Aston Villa, sat out the weekend’s game against Derby at Macron Stadium.

But after shrugging off a calf complaint Dougie Freedman confirmed at his pre-match press conference that Herd is in line to feature at Craven Cottage.

Adam Bogdan (finger), Liam Trotter (hamstring), Marc Tierney (leg), David Wheater (back) and Sanmi Odelusi (knee) all remain sidelined.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

28Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Tue Sep 30 2014, 14:53

Athertonian

David Ngog
David Ngog

By allowing Freedman to continue is like throwing three points away because that is what will happen.

It's ok saying teams do have good spells, ours wont because the team has no leadership nor do any of the players completely know what they are supposed to do.

Under Freedman and his dopey bastard right hand man this club is going in one direction only.

Anyone that believes Bolton will get anything from Fulham cannot be taken serious.

29Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Tue Sep 30 2014, 15:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Athertonian wrote:Anyone that believes Bolton will get anything from Fulham cannot be taken serious.

Yeah cos Fulham are really flying high right now aren't they?

30Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Tue Sep 30 2014, 15:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Athertonian wrote:Anyone that believes Bolton will get anything from Fulham cannot be taken serious.

Do you think Bolton are Boggers?????? Shocked

31Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Tue Sep 30 2014, 15:31

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

JAH wrote:I am totally lost with this fixture tonight. I'm fed up wanting us to get beaten to get this muppet fired. I want to WANT us to win again and get excited about my team. I want us to beat Fulham, but that would prolong this very dark period we're in and keep us all in limbo for a another few weeks until the next capitulation. This is now worse than the Megson period imo. For the good of my club DF has to go, so nothing but a Fulham win will do to accelerate this process. I truly hate it, but it has to be done for all our sanity and then we can move on.

The fact that DF, much like Steve Kean did at Blackburn, refuses to stand down is testament to his arrogance and his latest BN mutterings further proof of his incompetence.

I want this nightmare to be over as quickly as possible. If Fulham beating us is the catalyst to end this nightmare then, so be it. If DF stays even after this game and the next, then I have to ask myself the question, why do I call myself a Bolton Wanderers supporter. Maybe I should find another team to support or another sport to follow. Important 7 days to come for all concerned.
Fixture is Wednesday!

32Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Tue Sep 30 2014, 15:36

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

We're both shit teams but they've had an even worse start than us and look just as bad. There's no reason why we cannot go and get a result

33Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Tue Sep 30 2014, 15:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Match preview: Fulham v Bolton

SETTING THE SCENE

Wanderers’ head into Wednesday’s game with Fulham eager to bounce back after their weekend defeat to Derby County.

With former player Kit Symons now in caretaker charge at Craven Cottage, Fulham head into the tie full of confidence off the back of back-to-back victories, having clinched their first home win and first league win of the season against Doncaster Rovers and Birmingham City respectively.

Recent history, meanwhile, does not make pretty reading for Dougie Freedman’s side with the Whites’ last league win away at Fulham coming all the way back in November 1992.

However, Bolton have enjoyed better luck in West London in cup competitions, recording League Cup and FA Cup victories over Fulham in 2007 and 2011 respectively, while the Trotters also hold the overall superior record in this fixture since the first meeting between the two sides in 1908.

ALL-TIME RECORD

Fulham winsDrawsBolton wins
League282127
FA Cup003
League Cup022
Total282332

TEAM NEWS

Chris Herd could make his maiden Whites’ league appearance after missing the weekend’s clash with Derby County, while Max Clayton could also come into contention to make his first appearance for the club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Meanwhile, Adam Bogdan, Liam Trotter and David Wheater remain long-term absentees for Bolton, while Marc Tierney and Sanmi Odelusi will also miss out.

LAST TIME OUT

27/09/2014: Birmingham City 1-2 Fulham (Hoogland 63, Rodallega, 71)

Fulham came from behind to secure their first league win of the season on Saturday, as goals from Tim Hoogland and Hugo Rodallega clinched victory over Birmingham City.

David Cotterill’s 25-yard curler had put Blues ahead shortly before the interval, but Fulham fought back after half-time with Hoogland levelling the scores from close-range following a goalmouth scramble.

And less than ten minutes later Rodallega scored the goal that proved to be the difference on the day, firing home from a tight angle to secure the win for Fulham.

Fulham: Bettinelli, Amorebieta, Bodurov, Burn, Hoogland, Parker, Christensen, Hyndman (Stafylidis 45), Ruiz (Woodrow 66), Rodallega, McCormack.

ONE TO WATCH

Joining Fulham from Leeds United in a Championship-record £11m deal, all eyes were always going to be on Ross McCormack this season.

One of the second tier’s most feared marksmen on his day having notched over 20 goals in a season for both Cardiff City and Leeds United, McCormack was the division’s leading goalscorer with 28 goals last season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tasked with the challenge of scoring the goals that secure the West London side an immediate return to the Premier League this year, the campaign has not gone to plan for either McCormack or Fulham so far, with the Cottagers currently residing in the bottom three.

And with just two league goals to his name since his move to London, all parties will be hopeful that the Scotland international can rediscover his scoring boots sooner rather than later.

LAST TIME WE WERE HERE

17/12/2011: Fulham 2-0 Bolton Wanderers (Dempsey 32 , Ruiz 34)

Clint Dempsey and Bryan Ruiz combined twice in the space of the two minutes to secure victory for Fulham on Wanderers’ last visit to Craven Cottage.

The hosts took the lead shortly after the half-hour mark when Moussa Dembele fed Ruiz down the right-hand side as the Costa Rican picked out Dempsey in the area as the forward steered his header home past Jussi Jaaseklainen.

Dempsey then returned to the favour just over a minute later when he set Ruiz free down the centre of the pitch, giving him the space to score with a cheeky lob.

Bolton's best chances on the day fell to Mark Davies, Chris Eagles and David Ngog but all three were unable to find a way past David Stockdale.

MAN IN THE MIDDLE

Warwickshire-based referee Stuart Attwell takes charge of Wanderers’ midweek trip to Fulham at Craven Cottage.

An established Premier League referee, Mr Attwell has taken charge of seven Whites’ matches in the past, including Bolton’s last victory against Fulham where a solitary Ivan Klasnic strike secured the win at Craven Cottage in February 2011.

Michael George and Lee Venamore will run the line, while Matt Foley is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

34Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Tue Sep 30 2014, 16:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

We're both shit teams but they've had an even worse start than us and look just as bad. There's no reason why we cannot go and get a result

True but they are starting to score and win games, I can only see a draw tops TBH.

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Sep 30 2014, 19:23; edited 1 time in total

35Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Tue Sep 30 2014, 17:21

Athertonian

David Ngog
David Ngog

Boggersbelief wrote:

So you believe were better? I admire your beliefs but to think Bolton will come away with anything from Fulham is a long shot. Just to remind you we have a manager by the name of Duggie Freedman ok?

36Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Tue Sep 30 2014, 17:35

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The table never lies, right?

But nah I don't think we're better I think we are equally terrible. I just don't think we should fear Fulham

37Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Tue Sep 30 2014, 17:55

Athertonian

David Ngog
David Ngog

Boggersbelief wrote:The table never lies, right?

But nah I don't think we're better I think we are equally terrible. I just don't think we should fear Fulham
There should be no fear of any opponents least of all Fulham.

Depending on his team selection which in my opinion should not be a cautious approach, But when it's Freedman selecting the team then anything is possible.

Lose tonight and there should be no more chances for Freedman and his right hand dummy.

38Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Tue Sep 30 2014, 17:57

I fully agree - Lose tonight and that should be curtains for Freedman.

Losing a game a full 24 hours before it has even kicked off would demonstrate just how completely inept he really is.

Even Coyle never managed that one......

39Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Tue Sep 30 2014, 18:12

Athertonian

David Ngog
David Ngog

Breadman wrote:I fully agree - Lose tonight and that should be curtains for Freedman.

Losing a game a full 24 hours before it has even kicked off would demonstrate just how completely inept he really is.

Coyle was very unlucky and it was he that contributed towards his own departure.

40Fulham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham v Bolton Tue Sep 30 2014, 18:43

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Athertonian wrote:
Breadman wrote:I fully agree - Lose tonight and that should be curtains for Freedman.

Coyle was very unlucky and it was he that contributed towards his own departure.
Ok folks it's riddle time, a pint for the first one to crack this one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum