Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedman insists he will stay on as Wanderers boss

+4
scottjames30
JohannesburgWanderer
bryan458
karlypants
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman refuted suggestions that tonight’s 4-0 hammering at Fulham could put him out of a job at Wanderers.

After seeing his side out-classed and out-fought at Craven Cottage, the under-fire boss insisted he would take charge of Saturday’s home game against Bournemouth.

Asked whether he will survive, Freedman produced a bullish response.

“Yes I do, I’m here to work, I’m here to do my very best and that’s what I’m doing right now.”

Asked whether he had considered resigning from the post, the Scot again dug in his heels.

“I don’t think that way at all,” he said. “I’m working very hard to turn this round.

“I don’t think the players have chucked the towel in, I think they have shown a very good spirit. They have shown a good spirit and kept on going.

“It’s as simple as this, the errors that we keep on making are giving other teams confidence and energy to hang on to results when we open the game up.

“We do not do enough up top to get goals.”

Wanderers conceded two goals in each half against a slick Fulham side, leaving the club four points adrift in the bottom three of the Championship.

Travelling fans placed banners bearing the words “Freedman Out” and also called for the manager to be sacked on several occasions during the game.

Freedman attempted to explain his side’s underperformance in a game it appeared he could ill-afford to lose.

“I’d say to the Bolton Wanderers supporters ‘thanks for travelling down to see us, it’s a very long journey,’ unfortunately once again we haven’t given ourselves a chance to win the game,” he said.

“We felt we had set our stall out the right way and one catastrophic error has put us on the back foot.

“We did okay in the first half, created a couple of things and hit the crossbar but then gave away a silly free kick.

“We tried to change it round in the second half and put three attacking players on in the one go, open the game up, but nothing happens around their box and they hit us on the break – so it shows what happens when we open up.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No Dignity, just another mercenary piece of shit, you are a cunt Freedman!!!!!

JohannesburgWanderer

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Only Fulham have conceded more than us, we have the worst goal difference in the whole league and have scored the least, as Blackpool (apparently the Championships "crisis" club) play on Friday we could be bottom by Saturday morning. With this in mind will Douglas revert back to "trying to out football" our opponents as this only resulted in a 2-0 loss or it be a "back to basics" style as last night where we got humped 4-0!!!!!!!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman is a joke hahahahahahahaha '' I don't think the players have chucked the towel in ''

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

“Yes I do, I’m here to work, I’m here to do my very best and that’s what I’m doing right now.”

Well Dougie I am afraid to say that your very best is just not good enough.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gartside has to bite the bullet and sack him now, it will only cause more problems if Dougie comes out of the tunnel on Saturday. The atmosphere is going to be toxic, i'm just sorry i'm having to miss the game as if he is still there i won't have the opportunity to let him know how i feel.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Gartside has to bite the bullet and sack him now, it will only cause more problems if Dougie comes out of the tunnel on Saturday. The atmosphere is going to be toxic, i'm just sorry i'm having to miss the game as if he is still there i won't have the opportunity to let him know how i feel.

I can't make the game either. In a way I'm glad.

He won't walk and thus forfeit his pay-off.

Gartside doesn't look like he's prepared to sign the cheque and so would prefer to make life uncomfortable for Freedman by hanging him out to dry with the fans, in the hope that he cracks and walks away.

And in the mean time, we keep losing games and sliding inevitably towards relegation.

It's a dangerous game......

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Gartside doesn't look like he's prepared to sign the cheque and so would prefer to make life uncomfortable for Freedman by hanging him out to dry with the fans, in the hope that he cracks and walks away.
Gartside is keeping very quiet, but I doubt a vote of confidence from him carries much weight anyway so he might as well keep schtum.

Easy to conclude it's all about the money, but I think Dougie has his professional pride to deal with as I think he actually believes in what he is doing.

Irrespective of whether or not the dreaded vote of confidence would carry any weight, if you were Freedman and you genuinely believed in what you were doing, would you not be hammering on Gartside's door, demanding that he came out and either explained to the fans what was going on in terms of long-term strategy or at least issued a statement backing him?

I know I would.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone get the feeling this will start to turn the way it did with Blackburn and Steve Keen with the fans?

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:Anyone get the feeling this will start to turn the way it did with Blackburn and Steve Keen with the fans?
I hope not kp. Kean was a real piece of scum, a drunk driving liar who didn't deserve to manage a game of tiddlywinks let alone a proud old football club like BRFC. 

Freedman for all his faults strikes me as a pretty genuine sort of guy. I don't rate his ability as a manager but I've got nothing against him as a man. I don't think he deserves to get the treatment the Rovers fans rightly dished out to the Venky's Puppet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum