Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sunderland 2-2 Bolton.

+18
Mr Magoo
Sluffy
Lofty_Love
gloswhite
doffcocker
Keegan
MrK
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
Dunkels King
largehat
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Spillthebeans
xmiles
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Wed Apr 25 2012, 10:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well, what do we all think ? Sunderland haven't score in four games so it could be just our luck for them to find their scoring boots again.

My head says Sunderland 2 Bolton 0 but my heart says we might just come away with a 0-0 draw.

2Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Wed Apr 25 2012, 11:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm kind of with you on this RT, however the pressure is on us big time and with the fixture congestion we face the lads must know that a result at Sunderland would really pile it on the others so maybe they'll be going for another all out performance taking no prisoners, riding our luck and hopefully scraping a win. I feel we have a better chance of getting points here than Spuds at home as they have something to play for.

3Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Wed Apr 25 2012, 11:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree. We seem to play better away from home whereas at the Reebok the team seem to feel the pressure more. Sunderland have nothing to play for so we have to treat it as a ' must win ' game.

If we could combine our first half away to Newcastle with our second half away to Villa then I think we have a winning formula.

4Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Wed Apr 25 2012, 11:14

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:Well, what do we all think ? Sunderland haven't score in four games so it could be just our luck for them to find their scoring boots again.

My head says Sunderland 2 Bolton 0 but my heart says we might just come away with a 0-0 draw.

Exactly how I feel. It would be great if we could come away with all 3 points but I don't think we will.

5Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Wed Apr 25 2012, 11:20

Spillthebeans

Spillthebeans
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Reebok Trotter wrote:Well, what do we all think ? Sunderland haven't score in four games so it could be just our luck for them to find their scoring boots again.

as sure as shit is brown, Sunderland will score against us, just hope we score as well and come away with at least a point

6Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Wed Apr 25 2012, 11:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At this stage I would happily settle for a point on Saturday knowing that we still have 3 games to go.

7Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Wed Apr 25 2012, 13:02

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd take a point without question but I have a good feeling about this one after last night.

I'm going for a 2-2 draw.

8Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Wed Apr 25 2012, 13:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:I'd take a point without question but I have a good feeling about this one after last night.

I'm going for a 2-2 draw.

Three points at Sunderland would really fuck up the Villa. Reading through their forums this morning they see the Sunderland/Bolton game as key to their own survival.

Villa have WBA away - who will delight in beating their city rivals

Spurs at home who still have something to play for

Norwich away which is never easy

We must get something at Sunderland.

9Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Wed Apr 25 2012, 13:37

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Think we will get 3 points but its going to be a very tough and close game. going for 0-1 for us.

10Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Wed Apr 25 2012, 13:42

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We need 5 points to stay up.

By my reckoning, if we don't get either 2 draws, or 1 win, out of Sunderland/Tottenham, then we will need a result at Stoke on the last day.

11Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Wed Apr 25 2012, 14:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe 4 but the way results have been going nobody knows so the sooner we start putting them on the board the better.

12Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Wed Apr 25 2012, 18:26

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

largehat wrote:We need 5 points to stay up.

By my reckoning, if we don't get either 2 draws, or 1 win, out of Sunderland/Tottenham, then we will need a result at Stoke on the last day.

We still have to play West Brom at home don't forget.

13Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Wed Apr 25 2012, 18:29

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Dunkels King wrote:
largehat wrote:We need 5 points to stay up.

We still have to play West Brom at home don't forget.

Yep yep, but I'm factoring that in as our most likely win and hoping we can save ourselves before Stoke.

I did some analysis of the situation on another site. I'll copy and paste it here.

largehat wrote:

I've been chewing over the remaining fixtures and table for the last few hours and keep arriving at the same conclusion: we need 5 points to stay up.

In my opinion, Villa and QPR can survive on 37 points because of their goal difference, unless they are level with each other in 17th/18th, whereas ourselves, Wigan and Blackburn need 38 points.

Current table
15 Villa 35 -14 36 - West Brom(A), Spurs(H), Norwich(A)
16 QPR 35 -18 34 - Chelsea(A), Stoke(H), Man City(A)
17 Wigan 35 -26 34 - Newcastle(H), Blackburn(A), Wolves(H)
-----------------------------------------------------
18 Bolton 34 -28 33 - Sunderland(A), Spurs(H), WBA(H), Stoke(A)
19 Blackburn 35 -26 31 - Spurs(A), Wigan(H), Chelsea(A)

I think Villa only need 1 point and any win will keep them up
I think Wigan either need 2 wins or 1 win and probably 1 draw, but maybe 2
I think QPR need 1 win and 1 draw
I think we need 1 win and 2 draws or 2 wins
I think Blackburn need 2 wins and a draw.

You really have to fancy Villa to pick up a single point in their 3 games.

You really have to fancy Wigan to win at Blackburn and beat relegated Wolves on the final day.

You really can't see Blackburn picking up 7 points from those fixtures.

Therefore I really think it is neck and neck between ourselves and QPR, which is why we are both 11/8 to go down. The bookies are pretty much saying QPR will beat Stoke and finish on 37 points with a better goal difference to ourselves, and our chances of picking up 5 points are identical. Of course, if Wigan lose against both Newcastle and Blackburn, we have another route to safety.

Guys I know there have been loads of shock results recently involving QPR and Wigan but we have to remember that all but one of those - Wigan's win at Arsenal - came when the underdog played on their home patch.

For this reason I think Blackburn are absolutely screwed and already I am wanting them to beat Wigan in their last home game. I'm also going to stick my neck out and say I am certain QPR will get nothing at Chelsea or Man City. The only caveat I would put on this is that we need City to beat United on Monday to be 100% certain they will be interested in that final day game v QPR with the title still on the line.

5 points from safety, if we can pick up a total of 2 or 3 points from our next two games - Sunderland(A) and Tottenham(H), we will be a home win over West Brom away from another season of PL football. Pick up less than 2 points from Sunderland/Tottenham and we will probably need a positive result at Stoke.

14Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Wed Apr 25 2012, 18:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you were going to pick a must win away game on the final day, Stoke would be near the top of the list. In poor form, nothing to play for etc.

15Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Wed Apr 25 2012, 18:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whatever the outcome between City and Utd next Monday , you can bet your bottom dollar that City will want to go out on a high on their last home match at the Etihad against QPR. Mancini and the fans will not want to lose to Sparky.

16Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Wed Apr 25 2012, 18:44

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha Whittam wrote:If you were going to pick a must win away game on the final day, Stoke would be near the top of the list. In poor form, nothing to play for etc.

Wanting to get one over us for the 5-0 drubbing at the Reebok this season ?

17Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Wed Apr 25 2012, 18:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are all square after the semi at Wembley so both teams have something to prove. I reckon we will take our full allocation to the Potteries. Fingers crossed that the relegation places have already been decided by then.

18Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Thu Apr 26 2012, 12:16

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The goal difference has really put is in a mess, even if we did take a point on saturday we are still in the relegation zone, unless wigan lose by more than 2 goals.

With so 3-4 games left I can't see it not coming down to the last day to be honest, 19th place will be decided by then I am sure of it but the last spot won't be.

Worst case scenario for us on Saturday is if we lose by about 4 goals, which could quite easily happen with the way we have a tendancy of collapsing in games and in turn give us an ever poorer goal difference to everyone else around us.

19Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Thu Apr 26 2012, 12:26

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Wolves will do wigan.

20Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Thu Apr 26 2012, 12:53

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've had a funny feeling Wolves will do Wigan on the final day too, A.D.

I'd love Wigan to go down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum