Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Inheritance

+2
gloswhite
wanderlust
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Inheritance Empty The Inheritance Fri Oct 03 2014, 17:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gartside mentioned how Dougie had been "working tirelessly on the club's infrastructure (but that work wasn't reflected in the performances)" so i was thinking that what is left behind may play an important part in writing the spec for the next manager.
The club can't afford to go in a completely different direction so presumably the incoming person should be qualified to make the most of the type of players Dougie has brought in shouldn't (s)he?
Dougie had planned a few "for the future" and I'd imagine the Board are going to stick with going down the path of youth development. Clayton, Hall, Threlkeld, Kellett, Vela, Lester, Odelusi, Iliev, Youngs, Clough and the other kids are potentially a source of talent and profit and I reckon they'll look for someone who could bring the best out of them as well as deal with our obvious immediate first team issues.
I'd love it if one or more of these kids came good, so I hope they're given a proper chance. Are the Board likely to bear this in mind when appointing the next manager?

2The Inheritance Empty Re: The Inheritance Fri Oct 03 2014, 18:02

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I doubt it, they will now have their 'we must survive' goggles on, and plump for the 'old and trusted' players. The same ones who have cocked up so far.

3The Inheritance Empty Re: The Inheritance Fri Oct 03 2014, 18:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our position in the table is so dire at the moment that I can't see any manager sticking his neck out and playing the youngsters.

4The Inheritance Empty Re: The Inheritance Fri Oct 03 2014, 18:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Makes you wonder what the new manager could have done with the likes of Sordell etc.

5The Inheritance Empty Re: The Inheritance Fri Oct 03 2014, 18:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd recall White and play him in my formation.

6The Inheritance Empty Re: The Inheritance Sat Oct 04 2014, 04:13

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think things are dire, so dire that the board might just decide to take a risk and appoint someone who will give the youngsters an early crack at the first team. 

The usual suspects, the men who've basically failed everywhere they've gone with maybe one exception probably won't be all that interesting to Gartside or the rest of the board as they'll want salaries commensurate with their 'experience' and I doubt we can afford it. 

I've seen the name Gary Rowett being mentioned on the forum and as I know almost nothing about him I just wondered if he's as good at working on a meagre budget and relatively thin squad as some of my fellow Nuts seem to believe.

7The Inheritance Empty Re: The Inheritance Sat Oct 04 2014, 09:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not suggesting that the new manager would give them a shot immediately - that would be highly unlikely - but that the Board look for someone with a track record of bringing development players through and with an eye for a good prospect (as well as dealing with the immediate problems)

8The Inheritance Empty Re: The Inheritance Sat Oct 04 2014, 10:31

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

A new era is upon us.

Is the attractive heading at the top of the page. Sorry, not as long as Gartside is still there.

There can be no 'New era' as long as he (and his mates on the board) are still there.

No let-up on the protest. *****Gartside Out*****

9The Inheritance Empty Re: The Inheritance Mon Oct 13 2014, 11:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Gartside mentioned how Dougie had been "working tirelessly on the club's infrastructure (but that work wasn't reflected in the performances)" so i was thinking that what is left behind may play an important part in writing the spec for the next manager.
The club can't afford to go in a completely different direction so presumably the incoming person should be qualified to make the most of the type of players Dougie has brought in shouldn't (s)he?
Dougie had planned a few "for the future" and I'd imagine the Board are going to stick with going down the path of youth development. Clayton, Hall, Threlkeld, Kellett, Vela, Lester, Odelusi, Iliev, Youngs, Clough and the other kids are potentially a source of talent and profit and I reckon they'll look for someone who could bring the best out of them as well as deal with our obvious immediate first team issues.
I'd love it if one or more of these kids came good, so I hope they're given a proper chance. Are the Board likely to bear this in mind when appointing the next manager?

Somebody is obviously listening because Neil Lennon is a man who highly values young players and is renowned for giving them a shot and investing in the youth set up so we're in for interesting times - but not immediately.

I'd expect Lennon and Mjallby to wade into the senior players and get them sorted out mentally, physically and tactically before the young players are given serious consideration - I reckon he'd want the seniors to set a standard to encourage the youngsters to fight for a spot.

We probably can't attract the same standard of youth player as Celtic can but it's encouraging to know that despite the requisite austerity a change of manager hasn't led to the abandonment of a policy that emphasises youth development.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum