Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Birmingham 0-1 Bolton

+22
doffcocker
White84
JAH
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Bwfc1958
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
NickFazer
luckyPeterpiper
terenceanne
observer
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
karlypants
wanderlust
Norpig
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

41Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Fri Oct 17 2014, 17:22

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Lennon will have them fired up tomorrow. Birmingham are shit at home I can see us taking this one 3-1. Even dougie managed to get a win there last time and the fans will be in good voice as well. COYWM!!

42Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Fri Oct 17 2014, 17:39

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Neil Lennon wrote:“I need to find a formation that suits them because I need the players to feel comfortable. Then it will be much easier to get results.”

Clearly Neil follows my work.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

43Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Fri Oct 17 2014, 17:43

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil lennon wrote:
Any team would look good the way we've been playing these last few weeks

Very Happy

44Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Fri Oct 17 2014, 18:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

45Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Fri Oct 17 2014, 18:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

SETTING THE SCENE

Bolton Wanderers travel to Birmingham City this weekend in what will be Neil Lennon’s first match since his appointment as the new Whites manager.

Birmingham’s home woes have continued this season with Blues having won just three times in the league at St Andrew’s since the start of last season.

Keen to take advantage, Bolton will be hoping to start the Northern Irishman’s reign with a win as they return to the field for the first time in two weeks after the October international break. 

ALL-TIME RECORD

Birmingham City wins
Draws
Bolton wins
League
FA Cup
League Cup
Total

TEAM NEWS

Chris Herd will be assessed ahead of the game having returned from international duty with an Achilles problem, while Liam Trotter, Mark Davies and David Wheater are nearing first team returns but Saturday’s trip to the Midlands will come too soon for the trio.

Medo also will not feature having only returned from international duty late on Thursday night.

Adam Bogdan, Marc Tierney and Sanmi Odelusi meanwhile all remain sidelined.

LAST TIME OUT

04/10/2014: Charlton 1-1 Birmingham City (Davis, 53)

Birmingham came from behind to draw against unbeaten Charlton Athletic in their last match before the international break.

Forward Igor Vetokele had opened the scoring for the Addicks, heading home after 11 minutes, before Koby Arthur had a goal disallowed for the Blues just before the break.

However, Lee Clark’s side notched a deserved equaliser shortly after the break as David Davis fired into the bottom corner as he netted his first goal for the club.

Birmingham: Randolph, Grounds, Robinson, Edgar, Caddis, Gleeson, Cotterill, Reilly (Gray, 65), Arthur (Thomas, 79), Davis, Donaldson

ONE TO WATCH

Clayton Donaldson

A proven goalscorer in the lower leagues of English football, Clayton Donaldson left promoted Brentford to join Birmingham City this summer.

Starting his career with Hull City, the forward scored on his debut for the club against Port Vale in October 2002, before being loaned out to non-league sides Harrogate Town, Scarborough and Halifax Town.

It was after joining York City in 2005 that Donaldson really discovered his shooting boots, scoring 18 and 26 goals respectively in his two years with the club before departing for Hibernian.

He joined Crewe Alexandra the following year having found his first team opportunities limited in Scotland. After winning the 2010/11 League Two golden boot with 28 goals, he signed for Brentford on a free transfer.

Averaging just under a goal every three games during his three years with the Bees, Donaldson turned down the offer of a new contract at Griffin Park after winning promotion to the Championship with Brentford in favour of signing for Birmingham City.

LAST TIME WE WERE HERE

05/10/2013: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Wanderers (Zigic 69, Beckford 12, Danns 64)

Jermaine Beckford scored his first Wanderers goal as the Whites clinched their first win of the campaign against the Blues at St Andrew’s last season.

Pouncing on a defensive error from Dan Burn, the forward slotted home to give Bolton the lead early on, before he was later denied a second after heading against the crossbar.

Neil Danns’ header doubled their lead in the second half after goalkeeper Darren Randolph failed to deal with a cross, before Nikola Zigic’s looping header halved the deficit five minutes later.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

46Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Fri Oct 17 2014, 19:03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keep posting KP, love reading this stuff :like:

47Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Fri Oct 17 2014, 20:07

Can't wait for the game now. Missus taking the kids out to moss bank at quarter to 3!!!!!! Happy days. Anyone reckon there will be a stream???

48Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Fri Oct 17 2014, 20:11

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Not sure if it's because how depressed all the fans were under Dougie but i've never seen such a positive reaction to a new manager.

All the talking will stop at 3pm tomorrow but I feel very confident things will turn for the better under Lennon and his magical bobble hat.

49Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Fri Oct 17 2014, 20:14

Positivity and confidence can go a long way. Scott has enough enthusiasm for everyone at the minute!!!!!

COYWM
NLSWA

50Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Fri Oct 17 2014, 20:21

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It would be great to get at least 4 points from the next two, go into Lennons first home game unbeaten - the Macron will be buzzing.

Asking for too much?

51Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Fri Oct 17 2014, 20:27

I don't think so. 7 points from the next 3 games and the 125-1 odds will be shortened I bet

52Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Fri Oct 17 2014, 20:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was just looking at the upcoming fixtures and I though "why the fuck are we playing Brentford?!"

turns out they're in the championship... 10th too.

Had no idea.

53Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Fri Oct 17 2014, 20:30

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I was just looking at the upcoming fixtures and I though "why the fuck are we playing Brentford?!"

turns out they're in the championship... 10th too.

Had no idea.

I'd expect to read something like this on twitter..

54Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Fri Oct 17 2014, 20:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hardly, I spelt it all right.

55Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Fri Oct 17 2014, 20:31

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

To my old mans a dustman tune:

Our new managers called Lennon
He wears a bobble hat
He takes hats off the players
Because they look like fucking tw'''.....

56Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sat Oct 18 2014, 01:35

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I'm just pleased that Lennon appears to value Darren Pratley quite highly. I always thought he should get a proper run in the team. Go Lennon!

57Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sat Oct 18 2014, 11:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:I'm just pleased that Lennon appears to value Darren Pratley quite highly. I always thought he should get a proper run in the team. Go Lennon!

affraid affraid affraid Pratley is and will always be hopeless!

58Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sat Oct 18 2014, 11:58

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Team id choose - Lonergan, mcnaughton, mills, dervite, ream, vela, spearing, danns, lee, feeney, C davies

59Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sat Oct 18 2014, 12:33

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Live streams...

Birmingham City v Bolton Wanderers English Championship
KICK OFF//15.00BST//16.00CEST//10.00EDT//00.00AEST
VIP BOX - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
FEED2ALL - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
STOPSTREAM - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ATDHE - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

60Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sat Oct 18 2014, 12:41

Love you biggie

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum