Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Norwich 2-1 Bolton.

+19
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Bolton Nuts
MartinBWFC
Hipster_Nebula
B.D.P
Chairmanda
rammywhite
Numpty 28723
boltonbonce
Bwfc1958
gloswhite
Keegan
Norpig
Boggersbelief
karlypants
wanderlust
terenceanne
scottjames30
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Mon Oct 27 2014, 06:32

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm looking forward to this one, live on sky so the whole footballing world will be watching us.

I think we'll give them a game here, it'll be really tough like every other game, but i think we could sneak a draw if we play like we have been doing in the last couple of games.

as long as we make a good account of ourselves.

NLSWA!!!!!!

2Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Mon Oct 27 2014, 11:12

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We are bound to let in at least one goal .....  2-1 Norwich.   Draw would be grand.

3Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Mon Oct 27 2014, 11:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like a regulation stroll in the park for Norwich and everyone in Norfolk is expecting a comfortable home victory. 
For me it will come down to how our FBs fare against Norwich's attacking force if they are trying to push on up the pitch. Redmond will be a challenge for Ream and with Cameron Jerome and Louis Grabban likely to start up front and Johnny Howson pulling the strings they are going to have their work cut out. If we defend to the best of our ability and get lucky at the the other end we might just salvage something from the game.

My daughter's flat is just round the corner from Carrow Rd and one of my sons is coming down from Manchester so looking forward to making a night of it.

Anyone coming down planning to make a day/evening of it I'd recommend Tomblands for a drink, meal or post match revelry. It's a bit of a stroll from the ground - a mile? - , but it's better than Riverside (generic complex with usual cinema complex, Nando's, Hard Rock, Frankie & Benny's etc) and Prince Edward St which can get messy on a Friday night.

4Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Mon Oct 27 2014, 11:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hope you have a good evening with your family wanderlust. Smile

I feel we could get a draw out of this with Lennons passion and enthusiasm so my prediction is 1-1

5Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Mon Oct 27 2014, 11:52

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3-0 tonking. Back to earth with a bang

6Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Mon Oct 27 2014, 12:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Hope you have a good evening with your family wanderlust. Smile

I feel we could get a draw out of this with Lennons passion and enthusiasm so my prediction is 1-1
Cheers KP. Will try but my son's having a rough trip and is a bit bonkers so it might be challenging - he's a big lad (300 lbs) so hopefully he won't kick off.
A draw or better would be a real bonus.

7Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Mon Oct 27 2014, 13:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norwich's recent form has been patchy to say the least, i would be very happy with a point

8Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Mon Oct 27 2014, 17:24

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Norwich 1 - Bolton 2. They won't know what hit them.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

9Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Mon Oct 27 2014, 18:43

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

As this is a confidence game, I think we'll be up for this, especially as we are on the box. However, if we get a draw, I would be more than happy, but I'm thinking a close score possibly, 1-0  or 2-1

10Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Thu Oct 30 2014, 11:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Scott takes the whistle

Oxfordshire-based referee Graham Scott takes charge of Wanderers’ Friday night visit to Carrow Road as they take on Norwich City for the first time since February 2012.

Mr Scott has overseen five Whites’ fixtures in the past, including two this season having officiated Bolton’s trips to Brighton & Hove Albion and Chelsea.

Shaun Hudson and Paul Kettlewell will run the line, while Scott Mathieson is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Thu Oct 30 2014, 13:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press conference: Neil Lennon pre-Norwich

12Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Thu Oct 30 2014, 13:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Norwich v Bolton

SETTING THE SCENE

Having picked up six points from Neil Lennon’s first three games in charge, Wanderers travel to Carrow Road to take on Norwich City for the first time since February 2012.

The Canaries currently occupy a play-off place, however, they are winless from their last five matches while they have not won at home since the middle of August.

Bolton last recorded an away victory over Norwich in November 2000, but, with the hosts having not tasted victory of late, the Whites will be hoping to change that statistic as they head into the Halloween clash.

ALL-TIME RECORD

Norwich City wins
Draws
Bolton wins
League
FA Cup
League Cup
Total

TEAM NEWS

Liam Trotter and David Wheater both completed 90 minutes for the reserves on Monday night but Friday will probably come too soon for the duo, while Adam Bogdan is also a couple of weeks away from a return.

Marc Tierney remains a long-term absentee.

LAST TIME OUT

25/10/2014: Sheffield Wednesday 0-0 Norwich City

Saturday’s draw with the Championship’s second-lowest goalscorers Sheffield Wednesday saw Norwich City’s winless run extended to five matches.

They had Owls keeper Keiren Westwood to curse for that run continuing as the Republic of Ireland international pulled off a string of save to deny the Canaries, but could not prevent his own side’s winless run from stretching to seven games.

Lewis Grabban, Cameron Jerome, Russell Martin, Gary O’Neil and Nathan Redmond all went close for Norwich but were all unable to find a way past Westwood, forcing Neil Adams’ side to settle for a share of the points.

Norwich: Ruddy, Whittaker, Martin, Turner, Olsson, Johnson (Redmond 67), Howson, Tettey, Odjidja-Ofoe (O’Neil 45), Grabban, Jerome

ONE TO WATCH

Cameron Jerome

Since leaving Stoke City to join Norwich City back in August, Cameron Jerome has been in prolific form for the Canaries in attack alongside Lewis Grabban, netting seven goals from just 11 appearances.

The former England U21s international started his career with Middlesbrough, but it was at Cardiff City where he first caught the eye, scoring 20 goals during a breakthrough 2005/06 campaign.

His form in front of goal earned him a move to Birmingham City that summer, as Jerome helped the Blues win promotion to the Premier League in his first season at the club.

A League Cup winner with Birmingham in 2011, the forward joined Stoke City in August 2011, before spending the 2013/14 season on loan at Crystal Palace.

LAST TIME WE WERE HERE

04/02/2012: Norwich City 2-0 Bolton Wanderers

Last clashing in the Premier League, Norwich City completed a league double over Wanderers durin the 2011/12 season with goals from Andrew Surman and Anthony Pilkington securing them victory at Carrow Road.

Martin Petrov proved to be the Whites’ deadliest threat in front of goal, stinging goalkeeper John Ruddy’s gloves from distance on a number of occasions while the England international also had to be alert to deny David Ngog.

However, after a goalless first half the hosts took control, Surman converting from close-range to give his side the lead before Pilkington took advantage of a defensive error to seal the points late on.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Thu Oct 30 2014, 14:06

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I started off thinking we could grab a draw and that would be a good result, the best we could hope for really but the closer it gets the more confident I get. We could win this, especially with Norwich having a mini bad patch. COYWM!!

14Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Thu Oct 30 2014, 14:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd take a draw,but I'm feeling pretty optimistic these days,so 1-2 for me.

15Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Thu Oct 30 2014, 15:23

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rocky is playing in the hotel tonight apparently 'Eye of the tiger'.

And they'll all be playing chess with each other.

16Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Thu Oct 30 2014, 15:26

Have we signed any Thai lads yet?

I'm not predicting anything until I know whether or not we're going to have a couple of them hard little bastards in the team.

They could be the difference......

17Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Thu Oct 30 2014, 15:53

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If we sign Siamese twins is that technically one or two players?

18Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Thu Oct 30 2014, 16:19

I think it depends how many legs they've got between 'em.

19Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Thu Oct 30 2014, 17:59

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

But if one of them gets a red card for violent behaviour- that means two get sent off and that ain't fair!

20Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Thu Oct 30 2014, 18:09

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

... or he plays on the wing so his brother can run outside the touchline!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum