Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Under-21s coach Iain Brunskill relishing challenge at Bolton Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

New development squad manager Iain Brunskill takes charge of his first game this afternoon when Wanderers visit Wigan in the quarter-finals of the Lancashire FA Senior Cup.

The 38-year-old was appointed by first-team boss Neil Lennon last week and will be in the dugout for the first time at the Robin Park Arena as the Whites look to progress to a semi-final date with either Manchester United or Blackburn.

And he comes in at a time when the Under-21s are on a run of four matches unbeaten in the FA U21 Premier League.

The second-string will also face the Latics at home in the Under-21 Premier League Cup round of 32 at a time and date to be confirmed.

First up, though, is today's cup tie and Brunskill is relishing his new role.

He told the club: "I’m delighted to be at Bolton Wanderers.

"It’s a wonderful opportunity at a wonderful football club.

"The club has an excellent structure and facilities.

"We have a big group of development players and I’m looking forward to working with them."

Brunskill has been number two at Blackburn, managed in Malta and most recently was youth coach educator at the Football Association for 18 months.

Now he brings that experience to Lennon's staff at the Macron Stadium.

He added: "I’ve had 18 months with The FA, which was good and really beneficial.

“The manager has come from a development background and we’ve already spoken about how important it is for us to be promoting from within.

“I know a lot of the guys already at the academy and we have a good and very experienced set-up.

"It’s now up to myself to work alongside Andy Hughes and push our development players on.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum