Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dave Higson, Bolton v Swindon, Semi Final Coca Cola Cup.

+5
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
Banks of the Croal
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Interviewing Fans and Commentary ... Great Early Atmosphere

I nearly missed this thread.

Great memories.

Cheers Banksy.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dave Higson. Legend. ::bwfc::

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Dave Higson used to do the coaches for away games selling some sort of scratch cards, golden gamble I think. He lived and breathed wanderers that fella. I can honestly say you will never meet a nicer bloke as long as you live and I for one am proud to have met him. His commentaries were legendary and baddiel and skinner used to love him on fantasy football league. My favourite commentary of his was hull away when the fans invaded the pitch when we scored. The police were trying to get fans off the pitch and Dave wasn't impressed. "The police are acting like pigs, so to speak". Always makes me laugh that does. RIP Dave. True legend.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Few clips here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

"David Lee, shining like, like a light." 

I will never forget Dave and his awesome commentary. A genuinely wonderful guy who's still missed by many BWFC fans if not all of us.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i've still got a VHS copy of the 1994 Christmas compilation from Roadrunner videos, three hours of match highlights and interviews. Its got all the white hot stuff on and is comedy gold! Still watch it now and again and the commentary always cracks me up  Very Happy

Its a finger stinger

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You don't hear managers give interviews like that any more. What an inspiration Bruce Rioch must have been to that squad. An absolute superstar.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The best Dave Higson commentary ever is away at Port Vale (I think) when they score a winner in the 6th minute of injury time. The camera pans to Dave who rants about the referee wearing a Port Vale shirt and coming on their team bus. Then he breaks into a big cheesy grin.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:The best Dave Higson commentary ever is away at Port Vale (I think) when they score a winner in the 6th minute of injury time. The camera pans to Dave who rants about the referee wearing a Port Vale shirt and coming on their team bus. Then he breaks into a big cheesy grin.

A classic clip I agree - as seen here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum