Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leeds boss Redfearn swerves Beckford transfer curve-ball

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jermaine Beckford was the surprise name thrown at Neil Redfearn as he discussed his transfer plans for January yesterday.

Rumours were abound at Elland Road that the Leeds head coach was looking to bring back the fan-favourite, despite the fact he is currently on loan at Preston North End for the rest of the season.

Beckford remains a massively popular figure at Leeds after a sensational scoring spell in West Yorkshire a few years ago – and landed himself in hot water with the Wanderers fans back in August when he saluted the home crowd DURING a 1-0 defeat.

He failed thereafter to get into the Whites team and was loaned out soon after Neil Lennon’s arrival to make space in the budget for the arrivals of Eidur Gudjohnsen and Emile Heskey.

The 31-year-old has scored twice in 10 appearances at Deepdale and his initial loan agreement at Deepdale ran until January. Both clubs openly advertised the fact, however, that an extension would kick in immediately to allow him to play for the rest of the campaign in League One, including any potential play-offs.

Leeds are currently under a transfer embargo but are nevertheless able to bring in players without a transfer fee. Redfearn expects to add a few new faces before the end of the month and has made experience of the Championship a number one priority.

“The ideal scenario is that we get two or three signings that just freshens things up a little bit and gives us a little bit of competition,” he said.

“We just lack a little bit of balance in terms of experience at this level.

“I don’t really want to go in talking about certain players but the fact of the matter is we need some experience.

“We need two or three players to stiffen us up a little.”

While non-committal on Beckford, Redfearn admitted he would be interested in bringing back another ex-striker to the club in Norwich City’s Luciano Becchio.

“He’s somebody I fancied,” he added.

“Obviously he is well known at Leeds United and he has scored a lot of goals for Leeds United.

“He knows this division and he would be one for me that would give us good competition, definitely.

“The president is still away (in Miami). He’s not back until Friday but obviously I have had dialogue and conversation with him.

“I think things will really start to take off when he gets back.”

Source

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I remember Nat being excited when Bolton signed Beckford. :facepalm:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love it when people follow my work. Makes it all worthwhile.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum