Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers could bring in Italian international in swap deal for Spearing

+2
Norpig
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers are discussing a swap deal which would see Jay Spearing leave the Macron Stadium and Italian international Diego Fabbrini sign from Watford in exchange.

As revealed in The Bolton News this morning, club skipper Spearing is heading to Vicarage Road until the end of the season.

But Neil Lennon confirmed in his press conference he could get a Hornets player as a makeweight, with a permanent arrangement with the midfielder also a possibility.

The player in question is understood to be 24-year-old attacker Fabbrini, who has been in advanced talks with Millwall in the last 48 hours.

Lennon was due to speak with Spearing yesterday but admitted the deal – however it was structured – looks likely to go through in the next few days.

“It’s far from completed,” he told The Bolton News. “But we’re confident it will get over the line, and there would be a player coming in.”

Spearing had the option of staying local and joining Blackburn Rovers, while Nottingham Forest were also said to have registered their interest.

But the ex-Liverpool trainee has chosen to venture south to Hertfordshire, where Slavisa Jokanovic’s side have seen their promotion chase wobble a little in recent weeks.

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i don't remember if Fabbrini has played against us before and cant remember seeing him whenever i've seen Watford play. Anyone know if he's any good?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Anyone know if he's any good?

Never heard of him. But he can't get in Watford's team so I'm guessing he's lightweight and shite.

4 apps, 2 in the league, 2 in the cup, no goals.

[th]Senior career*[/th][th]Years[/th][th]2009–2011[/th][th]2011–2013[/th][th]2013[/th][th]2013–[/th][th]2014[/th]
TeamApps(Gls)
Empoli56(1)
Udinese21(4)
Palermo (loan)9(1)
Watford23(1)
Siena (loan)9(1)

118 appearances, 8 goals since turning pro in 2009

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

those stats don't exactly fill me full of excitement but in Lennon we trust.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. Amazing that there is a proven striker out there called Rob Earnshaw who isn't being sought by Lennon.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. Amazing that there is a proven striker out there called Rob Earnshaw who isn't being sought by Lennon.

I'm starting to come round to the idea of the molerat-faced 33 year old playing for us. Since he signed for Cardiff in 2011 he's made 61 starts and scored 16 goals. Impressive even though half of his goals came when he was playing for Toronto FC in the Eskimo League 7 and he failed to score in his 1 appearance for Blackpool before they dumped him.

BTW isn't Fabbrini a winger?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i don't remember if Fabbrini has played against us before and cant remember seeing him whenever i've seen Watford play. Anyone know if he's any good?

https://vine.co/v/OpbznlaiEh9

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems to dive a lot.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabrinni has signed for millwall

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]