Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton relegated - Coyles thoughts

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton relegated - Coyles thoughts Empty Bolton relegated - Coyles thoughts Sun May 13 2012, 19:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Owen Coyle offered no excuses as Bolton's 2-2 draw with Stoke City meant that they would play next season in the Championship.

In a determined performance at the Britannia Stadium, goals from Mark Davies and Kevin Davies put Bolton ahead at half-time after Jonathan Walters' controversial opening goal.

Stoke earned a share of the spoils when Walters bagged his second of the afternoon 15 minutes before the end, scoring from the penalty spot after Adam Bogdan had harshly been adjudged to have tripped Peter Crouch.

Coyle said: "There's obviously huge disappointment for everybody involved with the football club, especially the fans who were tremendous today.

"We've had superb support throughout the season, home and away, and once again we had a tremendous backing as the fans supported us in their numbers.

"Today, I felt that we did enough to win the game after the slow start we made.

"For the first goal, Jonathan Walters headed the ball after Adam Bogdan had clearly got hold of it, but the goal was inexplicably given.

"We picked ourselves up, got 2-1 in front and had the chances to score the third goal which would have really put the game to bed.

"We allowed Stoke to have possession and come back into the game, but they didn't really create too many clear-cut chances.

"Adam made a terrific save from Peter Crouch and from the rebound Crouch has stumbled into Adam. It's as softer penalty as you will see.

"Even at 2-2, we got ourselves up the park and looked for the elusive winner.

"Tim Ream has had a great header in the last seconds of the game. If Sorensen hadn't made that save we would still be in the Barclays Premier League.

"Of course, it's difficult to take and we all feel a range of emotions. There is no doubt that today is very much a disappointing moment for us all.

"We have a fantastic club and fantastic support. We will pick ourselves up, will look to regroup through the summer and bounce back straight away."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--------------

He has to go IMO, to surrender 2 leads in the last 2 games and only come away with 2 points is unacceptable.

Him, his piss poor championship signings and his lack of tactical ability have cost us our 12th season in the premier league.

Last edited by aaron_bwfc on Sun May 13 2012, 19:20; edited 1 time in total

2Bolton relegated - Coyles thoughts Empty COYLE: "Decisions cost us" Sun May 13 2012, 19:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe they did, but sadly the season as a whole will make grim reading.

here's his post match interview.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

oh shit sorry Aaron just made another thread, time to merge it!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

No probs, could someone merge the 2 threads, doesn't seem to let me do it.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

There's no doubt Chris Foy fucked us but do we deserve to be in the Prem?

I like OC as a person but I don't want him to manage Bolton.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I argued with a wigan fan last season about coyle when he said if you hear coyles interviews after a game it's never his or the teams fault when they lose, now I feel a bit of a fool as I must have had my rose tinted glasses on.

Not once has he today said i'm sorry, it was my fault or the players are just not good enough, it's just typical of the idiot to say the worlds against him and has been all season forgetting how piss poor we have been.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum