Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tim Ream: We're all on trial at Bolton Wanderers

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tim Ream believes everyone in the Wanderers squad is ‘on trial’ between now and the end of the season.

The US international foresees a summer of big changes at the Macron Stadium as Neil Lennon looks to put his own stamp on his team.

Ream signed a new deal at the start of this season but with question marks hanging over the future of several of his established team-mates, he recognises there is still plenty to play for in the remaining 11 games.

“You’re always playing for a spot on the field, whether it’s the next game or the next season,” he told The Bolton News.

“The manager is obviously going to bring in quite a few of his own guys, plus the fact we’ve got nine players out of contract and seven or eight loanees, that’s close to 17 players who could go out of the door.

“It doesn’t even matter if you’re in my position and you’re under contract because between now and the end of the season you’re playing for your place on the field next year. We’ve got to finish strong.”

Wanderers resume Championship duties on Wednesday night against local rivals Blackburn Rovers with two new signings potentially vying for a starting place.

Giles Coke and Paddy McCarthy should both be cleared to feature at Ewood Park, bringing the total of loan players at the club up to nine.

Ream admits it has been a challenge to accommodate so many new signings in such a short space of time but with Zach Clough, David Wheater and Kevin McNaughton now added to a lengthy injury list, it has been a case of needs must.

“It has been bizarre,” he said. “With so many guys going down injured, most of them have been the ones actually owned by the club.

“It was strange at first seeing all the loanees in the January window, they came in like a flood.

“There was a little transition period where they all needed to settle in but I think that’s done now.

“Guys like Saidy and Barry fit in perfectly and they’re doing well.

“It was an interesting transition at first but when you need help, you need help.”

Ream is generally content with his campaign to date, the defender having made more starts in the Championship (31) than any other Wanderers first team player.

Last season’s player of the year has had his ups and downs – including leaving the pitch on a stretcher at Nottingham Forest just a couple of weeks ago – but feels he has done his bit for the cause.

“I’ve just tried to do the same things as I did last year,” he said. “If you want to stay in the team you’ve got to try and stay consistent and if you have a down game then you’ve got to try and pick yourself up as quickly as possible for the next one.

“The games come so thick and fast in this league you don’t get a lot of time to think about the bad ones.”

Source

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Nine loanees and nine out of contact players. Neil has a chance to make his own team like no manager here ever has in my recollection.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:Nine loanees and nine out of contact players. Neil has a chance to make his own team like no manager here ever has in my recollection.

lets hope so but what kind of money will he have? Probably not much as usual Rolling Eyes

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He has the bones of a half decent side, if he can find a centre half and a central midfielder we'll make the play-offs next season.

But most of all he needs a captain fantastic to lead these ponces.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

He won't need that much money... the wages these players are on plus the fact that they would require new contracts now anyway - Neil is working on it, I'm sure.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Someone should definitely be on trial for the utter shite on show over the last few years.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Gartside?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:Gartside?

Coyle & Freedman should be tried together.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Tied together, more like it. On an ant hill.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon must be thinking of liberating a decent amount of money as some of the players he's loaned are quite pricy - possibly unattainable.
Prising Janko from Manure for anything less than a fortune would be a coup and Slavchev is rated at over £2 million so either Lennon has been promised some serious investment or he's hoping to get some transfer money - which may be tricky if there are so many out of contract players or he's planning to hold the board to ransome or his has completely different targets who may be available in the summer.

Our squad for next season is anyone's guess.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Janko is currently out of contract in the summer so unless he has quietly agreed an new deal with them, it should be compensation only if we get him to sign.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we would have to pay compensation to Utd as he's under 24 wouldn't we? I think it goes to a tribunal to set the amount. Would definately like to keep him

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum