Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Danns suspended for Ipswich and Wigan games

+4
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
karlypants
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Danns will miss Bolton’s upcoming away games against Ipswich and Wigan after collecting his tenth booking in the league.

The midfielder was shown yellow in the first half against Millwall.

And after accumulating a total of ten yellow cards in the league Danns will now serve a two-game ban, ruling him out of the Ipswich and Wigan game.

He could next feature in the home game against Blackpool on April 4.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think most people would agree Danns has been reckless lately and definitely not as effective as he was earlier in the season.

I was delighted Lennon took him off at half time yesterday, as I really thought we'd end the match with ten men if he didn't.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What's up with Danns? He's better than this. Recently he's looked like a carthorse on sedatives. 

I'm not making excuses for him but I can't help wondering if he's carrying some kind of knock we don't know about or if something really terrible has happened in his personal life that's put him under stress and knocked him off his game. Whatever it is it needs to be sorted and soon. We can't afford players who get constantly suspended.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i do like Danns but just recently he's got into the habit of always trying one more turn or flick when he doesn't need to, then he has to dive in to correct his mistake and explains why he's had so many bookings.

Doffcocker's comment above about taking him off at half time was exactly what i was thinking as well, he was a red card waiting to happen on Saturday.

Danns will be 33 in November and he's already massively exceeded my expectations of him when he came in here. Hopefully it's just tiredness that's led to his drop in form, but he is getting on a bit. I wouldn't want to go into next season relying on him to be playing as regularly as he is now to be honest. Whilst we've signed a ludicrous amount of central midfielders over the last few years I don't think we're any closer to solving the issues we have there. It's the most important position on the pitch for me,if I was Lennon I'd make it a priority in summer.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Danns will be 33 in November and he's already massively exceeded my expectations of him when he came in here. Hopefully it's just tiredness that's led to his drop in form, but he is getting on a bit. I wouldn't want to go into next season relying on him to be playing as regularly as he is now to be honest. Whilst we've signed a ludicrous amount of central midfielders over the last few years I don't think we're any closer to solving the issues we have there. It's the most important position on the pitch for me,if I was Lennon I'd make it a priority in summer.

Also think that the attacking set up leaves him a bit exposed at times so he "takes one for the team" way too often. You'll notice his disciplinary record was nothing like this when Freedman used him further forward but Lennon swapped him and Pratley around and lo and behold Pratley starts playing like a genius and stops giving away fouls all the time. Unfortunately Dannsy was left doing what he can to shield the back four.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Danns is a bit of a hot head but an ok player.  Where is he regarding his contract?  If out of contract I would offer the one year at a time deal. Of course we have no idea what Neil is thinking or who he wants to keep.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he's already signed another 1 year deal i think?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Danns signed a one year extension a few weeks back

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

beat you to it boggers  Very Happy

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You werent sure Wink

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan have just signed Jerome Sinclair from Liverpool on top of Ojo and Jermaine Pennant who scored 2 cracking free kicks for them on Saturday.
They clearly think they can avoid relegation and are throwing a few bob at it so Lennon may be focussing on the Wigan game but we're going to have to be very careful that we don't help them with their survival battle.

Don't know who will step in for Dannsy as defensive mid for these 2 games. The fact he's English makes it harder seeing as he played 5 loanees last game. Lennon won't recall Spearing or Medo so we are either looking at playing someone out of position or promoting from the development squad - Perry maybe? Seems unlikely so I suspect he'll throw in a CB or even go 352 to resolve it.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it will probably be Coke starting, the only other option is Trotter affraid

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan to batter Bolton and stay up on GD sounds a good bet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum