Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Own Up

+3
karlypants
boltonbonce
Jake McHale
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Own Up Empty Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 11:28

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Who had a mullet or a shell suit out of the older one's on here.

2Own Up Empty Re: Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 11:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jake McHale wrote:Who had a mullet or a shell suit out of the older one's on here.
Had neither,but I did used to wear hipsters and two tone shoes.
Looked pretty cool,but the NHS specs tended to spoil the effect.

3Own Up Empty Re: Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 11:39

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Two tone eh!! When i see a pair of shoes i like i try to get then in both colours black and brown but i read the other day that brown shoes are prefered by gay's not heard that before sounds daft to me.

4Own Up Empty Re: Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 11:44

Jake McHale wrote:Two tone eh!! When i see a pair of shoes i like i try to get then in both colours black and brown but i read the other day that brown shoes are prefered by gay's not heard that before sounds daft to me.

Where did you read that?

5Own Up Empty Re: Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 11:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have brown shoes and not gay!

6Own Up Empty Re: Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 11:58

Shell suit yes, mullet no.

I got mine off Bolton market in about 1985 and even then, I thought that a tracksuit made out of a combination of cellulose triacetate and polyester had to be a stupid idea.

It wasn't comfortable, created enough static electricity to run a small village, looked shit (when was purple, green and sky blue ever a good colour combo?) and was a fire hazard.

I stood too close to my Gran's gas fire and melted the trousers to the back of my legs, resulting in a trip to the infirmary and much merriment amongst the nurses in A&E.

"We've got another fashion / burns victim in Cubicle 3. That's 7 this week so far. This one looks a right dick. Come and have a laugh!"

I believe that nowadays Bear Grylls recommends carrying a piece of shell suit material in your emergency fire lighting kit because you can soak that shit in stale piss and it'll still go up like a Roman candle.

7Own Up Empty Re: Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 12:06

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc1874 wrote:
Jake McHale wrote:Two tone eh!! When i see a pair of shoes i like i try to get then in both colours black and brown but i read the other day that brown shoes are prefered by gay's not heard that before sounds daft to me.

Where did you read that?
It was on the internet i was reading about 60's shoe styles and makers like stan's of battersea when i came acroos another article that mentioned they wore light tan as a sign to other homosexuals it was illegal to be one then.

8Own Up Empty Re: Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 12:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reminds me of this Very Happy

Own Up 4543827_std

9Own Up Empty Re: Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 12:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My Dad never trusted men who wore suede shoes.
Never told me why.

10Own Up Empty Re: Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 12:52

I had a pair of brown suede Docs (shoes not boots - that'd be daft) when I was 17.

They were the bollocks!

Flat top haircut, white King Kurt t-shirt, checked shirt over the top, 501's with turn ups (precisely three times) and my "suedeys".

I was the coolest kid in North Bolton at the time - fact!

11Own Up Empty Re: Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 16:46

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Stupidest style ever was those fat jeans that lads had years back about time of all that break dancing shit, each leg was about 2ft wide did they know what twats they looked. Might have been called baggies?

12Own Up Empty Re: Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 18:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jake McHale wrote:Stupidest style ever was those fat jeans that lads had years back about time of all that break dancing shit, each leg was about 2ft wide did they know what twats they looked. Might have been called baggies?
Brother bought some.
Mum told him to take them back to the shop because he looked like Coco the clown.

Own Up Clown-smiley-emoticon

13Own Up Empty Re: Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 18:38

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Breadman wrote:I had a pair of brown suede Docs (shoes not boots - that'd be daft) when I was 17.

They were the bollocks!

Flat top haircut, white King Kurt t-shirt, checked shirt over the top, 501's with turn ups (precisely three times) and my "suedeys".

I was the coolest kid in North Bolton at the time - fact!
Oh dear, I'm getting a flashback...Navada, Saturday night, my first love WAS you Breaders....

14Own Up Empty Re: Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 19:04

You've not got any children who are in their mid to late twenties and have always displayed a natural aptitude for making bread have you, Mand....?

Just, er....out of interest..........

15Own Up Empty Re: Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 22:41

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Had neither but I did wear the fore-runner to hoodies, also wore jeans and colourful/cartoon/graphic t-shirts and for some reasons often wore white and blue trainers!

Only sad thing I tend to o now is wear a Bolton Wanderers top, either under shirt or as a t-shirt when Bolton are playing.

16Own Up Empty Re: Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 22:44

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I had somewhat of a mullet. It was a bit of a 3-in-1 combo. Longish and mullet-like at the back, spikey in the side parting and a Phil Oakey type fringe (a perry?) over the opposite eye. Absolutely rotten it was. I have a picture of myself with it while sporting a Jesus Jones t-shirt that I have to squint at to be able to even look at it. Just as well my hair is starting to thin out on top to spare me any more embarrassment.

Had some monstrous haircuts that make me shudder to think about... inspired by... Rat Scabies of Damned, Whoever the drummer was in Haircut 100, Tom Hingley of the Inspirals, Shaun Ryder's curtains, a Bret Anderson from Suede bob that went up at the back... FFS

17Own Up Empty Re: Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 22:47

Did you ever frequent Student Ritzy on a Tuesday or Hawthorns on a Friday / Saturday, Fin?

I think I remember you if you did.

(That's a haircut you never forget.)

18Own Up Empty Re: Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 22:55

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not Student Ritzy but I did used to go there on Fri and /or Sat nights when it used to open up into Central Park(?) next door at 1am (I think). Hawthorns for a while too.

19Own Up Empty Re: Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 22:57

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Typical Friday night started in the Brass Cat on Churchgate, Swannies, The Swan, a wine bar a block further down, Pack Horse, Yates', Maxims downstairs, Maxims upstairs, the pub kind of next to Prestons of Bolton and then on to either Dance (Fight Factory) or Ritzys.

Then I ran away to London. Too much bloody fighting and glasses flying in those days.

20Own Up Empty Re: Own Up Thu Mar 19 2015, 23:31

Puff!

What about the Boar's Head?

You could get a pint in there when you were about 12 if I remember right.

(Long gone now, by the way.)

Anyroad, how does that logic work?

Bolton's too rough, so I'm moving to London and then New York.

That's like saying: "I might get blown up in Sharples....I'm off to Beirut - far safer!"

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum