Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The new Wolves manager did a Muamba!

2 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The new Wolves manager did a Muamba! Empty The new Wolves manager did a Muamba! Mon May 14 2012, 21:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just reading about the new Wolves manager and found this -

During training on 13 March 2001 Solbakken had a heart attack. He was rapidly attended to by the club doctor Frank Odgaard who found that his heart had stopped beating. He asked a player to call an ambulance and to tell them it was critical, whilst he continued to administer cardiac massage. Upon the ambulance's arrival, Solbakken was pronounced clinically dead at the scene. On the way to the hospital in the ambulance he was revived nearly seven minutes later.

He survived the episode and now has a pacemaker fitted. The heart attack was the result of a previously undetected heart defect. Shortly after, on medical advice, he announced his playing retirement.

Ok that bit is from Wiki so could just be a load of balls so I did a bit of research and the link below confirms it is true.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just to show I guess that Muamba need not live the rest of his life wrapped in cotton wool.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just a slight correction, Muamba had a cardiac arrest, not a heart attack.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Both had their heart stop beating for several minutes and lived to tell the tale.

I just found it an amazing coincidence - I wouldn't have thought there are too many people about who have gone through the same experience.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Very true.

I don't think they've found a heart defect with Muamba though, so it gives hope he mightn't have to end his playing career.

I hope we are entitled to some sort of insurance payout if he never plays again. I hope that doesn't sound too callous.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum