Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

boltonnuts vs burndenaces

+10
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
Jake McHale
boltonbonce
Banks of the Croal
aaron_bwfc
karlypants
Soul Kitchen
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61boltonnuts vs burndenaces - Page 4 Empty Re: boltonnuts vs burndenaces Fri Mar 27 2015, 22:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

One day I'll tell you all the story of Burnden Aces, Bolton Nuts and why Largehat is a mod on there are not on here but for now I think it best to let sleeping dogs lie.

The owner of BA (Manny) decided he knew what the best for his site was - and that was dumping me without any warning - and just three years later his site is now so bad that he doesn't even post on it himself anymore!

All he's bothered about is earning money from the adverts on there - and to do that he needs some sort of activity on the forum - any sort at all - and that's why he's let it be infestated with fake accounts, and bitter, vindictivare or 'twisted' internet personas (including at times the mods!).

There's a few seemingly genuine posters but they seem on the whole to be youths who haven't twigged they are often being played by the fake accounts.  Gulible is the word that springs to mind.

There's nothing wrong in how they choose to run the site if that actually rocks your boat but personally I think it's detremental long term to the health of a forum and that's why all the decent posters left there a long, long time ago and BA is on its knees and has been for the last few years.

Even Sharps says the forum is now shit and that's saying something from the self proclaimed 'govenor' of that site!

Nuts will never be allowed to go down that path of self-indulgent shite.  

I don't mind anybody talking shit or bollocks for a laugh but when a grown man actively trys to convince people he is an under age child - well things have gone far to far and you know things are wrong when the owner or mods don't step in and have a quiet little word or something.

Indeed it becomes caustically bad when two of the mods start to condem people for pointing this 'sickness' out rather than dealing with the issue itself.

As I say, it is 'their' site and they can do what they want on it - I think though that from an average of 380 posts a day back when I worked behind the scenes there, compared to less than 20 a day now - seems to indicate that the vast majority of people that used to post and view there think the site as taken a massive turn for the worst under the stewardship of Largehat and co, and thus I don't envisage any one of them having a say on Nuts any time soon.

62boltonnuts vs burndenaces - Page 4 Empty Re: boltonnuts vs burndenaces Fri Mar 27 2015, 23:10

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I prefer Burnden Aces but they won't let me post on there.

Largehat does smell of cat wee though, so it's swings and roundabouts really.

63boltonnuts vs burndenaces - Page 4 Empty Re: boltonnuts vs burndenaces Sat Mar 28 2015, 11:14

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:Nothing happening on Aces. They're still talking about the Dr Who Christmas special. scratch

From about 3 years ago, and I think I actually started that thread when I was still a member!

64boltonnuts vs burndenaces - Page 4 Empty Re: boltonnuts vs burndenaces Sat Mar 28 2015, 11:39

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just had a sneak peak and it wasn't me who started that thread.   Thought it may have been as I am a HUGE Doctor Who fan (I know how sad is that)

65boltonnuts vs burndenaces - Page 4 Empty Re: boltonnuts vs burndenaces Sat Mar 28 2015, 11:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

apparantly BA has less members than the Jimmy Saville fan club now.

66boltonnuts vs burndenaces - Page 4 Empty Re: boltonnuts vs burndenaces Sat Mar 28 2015, 12:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:apparantly BA has less members than the Jimmy Saville fan club now.

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum