Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is staying and who is going - NIXON

+5
aaron_bwfc
Reebok_Rebel
doffcocker
largehat
Sluffy
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton boss Owen Coyle will ease the financial pain of relegation - by letting a handful of the club’s senior citizens go.

Keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen and top scorer Ivan Klasnic are two of the main casualties as Wandereres face up to the loss of around £20 million in prize money from the Premier League.

Jaaskelainen has been negotiating an achievement-based deal but will now make a natural break from Bolton after a decade of top-class service.

The Finn, who is building a home in the area, would be second choice to Player of the Year Adam Bogdan and is also looking for a fresh start.

Klasnic’s deal is up and he will be squeezed out as Coyle looks to promote Marvin Sordell after a frustrating start for the £3 million signing from Watford.

Coyle released left back Paul Robinson, injury-jinxed midfielder Sean Davis and Robbie Blake before the final game - with Ricardo Gardner also going after one knee problem too many.

The departure of those five alone will wipe over £7 million off the payroll, with other out-of-contract players to go. Icelandic right back Gretar Steinsson’s future looks away from the Reebok.

Coyle is going to keep veteran captain Kevin Davies on less terms, while left winger Martin Petrov is staying - if he wants - after playing enough games for a clause to kick in and give him an extension.

Zat Knight is also keen to play on, with a better chance of a start after David Wheater’s knee injury, but he would also be on a smaller deal.

Loan signings Dedryck Boyata, Ryo Miyaichi and Tuncay will be returned and all of those extra adjustments will trim a further £5 million from the budget.

Coyle does not want to lose any more players as he tries to recover at the first attempt and told fans at an end-of-season bash: “We want to come back bigger, better and stronger - with a young and vibrant side.”

Bolton chief Coyle also has to persuade midfield dynamo Nigel Reo-Coker to stay. He has a release clause in his deal - but Wanderers hope he sticks around.

The loss of those nine players should not be too badly felt, especially with long-term absentees Stuart Holden and Chung-Yong Lee on their way back.

Holden is due to start pre-season training after two major injuries that have torn 18 months out of his blossoming career and Lee has made two brief cameo appearances as a sub.

Youngsters Josh Vela and Joe Riley will also feature more as Coyle trims down his squad, cuts the salaries and lowers the average age.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Mail however says differently!

Apparently -

Martin Petrov, Jussi Jaaskelainen and Sam Ricketts are set to join Davies by agreeing new deals, but seven more players are almost certain to leave.

Ivan Klasnic, Paul Robinson, Robbie Blake and Sean Davis are expected to be released, and loan signings Ryo Miyaichi, Tuncay Sanli and Dedryck Boyata will return to their parent clubs.

The futures of Zat Knight, Gretar Steinsson and Ricardo Gardner remain unclear after all three were offered new terms on significantly lower wages.

Loads more stuff here -

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Interesting contradictory stories.

It looks like the question marks are over Knight and Petrov to me.

I can't see us keeping Gardner under any circumstances.

We can't afford the luxury of two senior right fullbacks (Mears and Steinsson) and with the emergence of Riley I'd say it's goodbye to Gretski.

I think Ryo may actually end up coming back, he's clearly not ready for first team action at Arsenal, but we might be expecting Arsenal to pay a bigger percentage of his wages.

We are also due a loan player from Chelsea next season as part of the Cahill deal.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Davies looked genuinely upset about the relegation yesterday. I like him personally and would like him to stay at the club in a non-playing role but can't imagine him being much more of a threat to Championship defences. His legs have gone and I'm desperate to see us move on instead of constantly living in hope that he'll refind old form.

I never thought Id be saying this but I'd be happy to see Petrov stay. Ricketts staying on is also good news.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Petrov wont stay... he has a 'name' he can use.

he will fuck off to china or the UAE for one last pay day before he retires.

I think he will scare the shit out of championship wing backs but I really think he will be offered something like £500,000 an hour to play for some rich twat in china!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

what the hells wrong with my language today! sorry... im angry Mad Mad Mad

...still.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Couple of interesting stories, it would be great if Petrov stayed IMO.

I wouldn't lose sleep over losing Mark Davies, never has lived up to his potential and to be honest unless he is picked up by a very good coach I can't see him getting much better than he is now.

On another note I have heard from a couple of reliable sources that Holden has sounded out a move away from the reebok.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Holden was on twitter today saying how much hes looking forward to pre-season and playing with BWFC in the summer...

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It won't stop clubs coming in with bids i'm afraid, I honestly can't see us turning down a good offer for him...we all know what Gartsides like when other clubs come sniffing for our players.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Maybe if he has a miraculous pre-season or something, but nobody is going to be bidding on a player who has played one game in 14 months. Before his injury he was worth about £8m, someone might take the piss and try and pick him up for a quarter of that, but we'd be crazy to accept.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:Maybe if he has a miraculous pre-season or something, but nobody is going to be bidding on a player who has played one game in 14 months. Before his injury he was worth about £8m, someone might take the piss and try and pick him up for a quarter of that, but we'd be crazy to accept.

from this i can deduce he will move clubs for £500k... Rolling Eyes

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I would be really, really surprised if Holden wasn't a Bolton player next season.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Eddie Davies is payrolling the loss of Sky money so that Wanderers can keep there better players.Petrov its great to see him staying he will torture championship defenders.We should have 4 wide man in Petrov,Eagles,Wylde,Chung yong Lee.We will need a big squad as we have 46 games.Midfield,Mark Davies,Vela,Pratley,NRC is a big question mark?Holden.We will need a big squad for our team to bounce back.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:I would be really, really surprised if Holden wasn't a Bolton player next season.

Will you be holding a candlelight vigil when Gardner leaves the club?

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I have heard that Jussi is disappointed but understands being dropped. Thing is, he is keen on playing regular football. I know the woman who looks after his kid and she reckons he wants to stay local because of his new house, but as far as staying at Bolton it might be unlikely although he is torn because he loves being a Wanderer (but what does that mean if you never get a game? - not much really) My money is on a Jussi move.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He won't move far, not with his glass back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum