Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you had the power..

+7
karlypants
Jake McHale
Soul Kitchen
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Banks of the Croal
Reebok Trotter
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1If you had the power.. Empty If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 00:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

...to get rid of one thing permanently in the World what would you choose? Poverty, Famine, Social Media, Cancer, Aids, Gambling, Alcohol, Tobacco, Narcotics?

For me it would have to be religion. I apologise to all the ' God Botherers ' on here but history shows that religion has been responsible for more deaths of innocent lives than anything else. Remove religion and the world would be a far better place for all concerned.

2If you had the power.. Empty Re: If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 00:17

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'd go with Famine because I think if everybody had enough to Eat they could then Use their Energy to Sort a lot of Other Problems Out ... Simplistic I Know but if Don't Eat you Can't Function Properly.

3If you had the power.. Empty Re: If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 09:33

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:...to get rid of one thing permanently in the World what would you choose? Poverty, Famine, Social Media, Cancer, Aids, Gambling, Alcohol, Tobacco, Narcotics?

For me it would have to be religion. I apologise to all the ' God Botherers ' on here but history shows that religion has been responsible for more deaths of innocent lives than anything else. Remove religion and the world would be a far better place for all concerned.

Good call RT! :clap:

“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

4If you had the power.. Empty Re: If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 09:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:...to get rid of one thing permanently in the World what would you choose? Poverty, Famine, Social Media, Cancer, Aids, Gambling, Alcohol, Tobacco, Narcotics?

I'm going to church in 10 minutes, I'll pray for you as you are clearly a bellend.

5If you had the power.. Empty Re: If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 09:38

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm going to church in 10 minutes, I'll pray for you as you are clearly a bellend.

Are you going to pray for me too?

6If you had the power.. Empty Re: If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 09:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

Are you going to pray for me too?

I suspect you are beyond the help of God himself, you seem to have a real agenda when it comes to religion. Did you get thrown out of Sunday School for masturbating in class?

7If you had the power.. Empty Re: If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 10:03

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Say a little prayer for me as well!
Good one RT, you've nailed it there.

8If you had the power.. Empty Re: If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 10:21

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Humans,absolute scum.

9If you had the power.. Empty Re: If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 12:47

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No humans no problems, take away religion and they would find something else or invent religion.

10If you had the power.. Empty Re: If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 12:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jake McHale wrote:Humans,absolute scum.

If you had the power.. 1058ft3

11If you had the power.. Empty Re: If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 12:52

Jake McHale wrote:Humans,absolute scum.

Jake's on the money here.

Before we turned up there was no war, no pollution, no acid rain, no TOWIE, no Agent Orange, no pesticides, no Simon Cowell, no bear baiting, no Jeremy Clarkson, no nuclear bombs, donkeys didn't have to live in sanctuaries in Devon and the planet was a much nicer place to live.

It's time we all did the decent thing and buggered off somewhere else.

Who's up for moving to Mars and buggering that up next?

12If you had the power.. Empty Re: If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 13:13

If there wasn't religion we'd just come up with another excuse to discriminate against each other, so ye I'm with Jake. Humans came up with religion, we're the problem.

13If you had the power.. Empty Re: If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 14:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:If there wasn't religion we'd just come up with another excuse to discriminate against each other, so ye I'm with Jake. Humans came up with religion, we're the problem.

I agree although if there was no religion then everyone would be fighting over the last Rolo which doesn't have the same ring to it.

14If you had the power.. Empty Re: If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 15:00

Bolton Nuts

Admin

The truth is, non-religious motivations and naturalistic philosophies bear the blame for nearly all of humankind’s wars. Lives lost during religious conflict pales in comparison to those experienced during the regimes who wanted nothing to do with the idea of God – something showcased in R. J. Rummel’s work Lethal Politics and Death by Government:

Non-Religious Dictator Lives Lost

• Joseph Stalin - 42,672,000

• Mao Zedong - 37,828,000

• Adolf Hitler - 20,946,000

• Chiang Kai-shek - 10,214,000

• Vladimir Lenin - 4,017,000

• Hideki Tojo - 3,990,000

• Pol Pot - 2,397,0003

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

15If you had the power.. Empty Re: If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 15:01

Bolton Nuts

Admin

16If you had the power.. Empty Re: If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 15:02

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Religion in and of itself is not a problem. Extremism is. I'm religious and I've never been a bother to anyone. A murderer who kills in the name of Religion is just the same as a murderer who wants to take your Rolo. Blaming Religion for the things some supposedly religious people do is like blaming Football for Hooligans.

Chances are unless you are Catholic, nobody religious has ever done you the slightest harm. Tongue in cheek, obviously - we've all heard the stories of Catholic Priests kiddy-fiddling. What you guys are doing is to use the worst and most extreme examples of atrocities committed in the name of Religion to paint all of Religion with a tar brush.

The millions of Religious people who go about their business trying to live by the tenets espoused by their faith, do good deeds and love their football team get no traction because they do not suit this line of argument. Politicians have been sending innocent people to wars since forever and they don't get half the vitriol directed to them that Religion does.

17If you had the power.. Empty Re: If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 15:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:The truth is, non-religious motivations and naturalistic philosophies bear the blame for nearly all of humankind’s wars. Lives lost during religious conflict pales in comparison to those experienced during the regimes who wanted nothing to do with the idea of God – something showcased in R. J. Rummel’s work Lethal Politics and Death by Government:

Non-Religious Dictator Lives Lost

• Joseph Stalin - 42,672,000

• Mao Zedong - 37,828,000

• Adolf Hitler - 20,946,000

• Chiang Kai-shek - 10,214,000

• Vladimir Lenin - 4,017,000

• Hideki Tojo - 3,990,000

• Pol Pot - 2,397,0003

Hitler was a catholic.

18If you had the power.. Empty Re: If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 15:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:Religion in and of itself is not a problem. Extremism is. I'm religious and I've never been a bother to anyone. A murderer who kills in the name of Religion is just the same as a murderer who wants to take your Rolo. Blaming Religion for the things some supposedly religious people do is like blaming Football for Hooligans.

Chances are unless you are Catholic, nobody religious has ever done you the slightest harm. Tongue in cheek, obviously - we've all heard the stories of Catholic Priests kiddy-fiddling. What you guys are doing is to use the worst and most extreme examples of atrocities committed in the name of Religion to paint all of Religion with a tar brush.

The millions of Religious people who go about their business trying to live by the tenets espoused by their faith, do good deeds and love their football team get no traction because they do not suit this line of argument. Politicians have been sending innocent people to wars since forever and they don't get half the vitriol directed to them that Religion does.

They commit crimes in the name of religion based on commands from ancient texts, these texts contain the actual word of God apparently, written by people who have spoken to God and passed on his teachings. The people who have a peaceful version of religions (certainly christianity and islam, I don't know enough about others to comment) have to literally pervert the word of God to do so.

19If you had the power.. Empty Re: If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 17:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
They commit crimes in the name of religion based on commands from ancient texts, these texts contain the actual word of God apparently, written by people who have spoken to God and passed on his teachings. The people who have a peaceful version of religions (certainly christianity and islam, I don't know enough about others to comment) have to literally pervert the word of God to do so.

You missed Keegan's point completely. Probably on purpose.

20If you had the power.. Empty Re: If you had the power.. Sun Mar 29 2015, 17:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No I didn't, I'm saying who gets to decide whats extreme and whats not when you're talking about the word of God.

surely only God or one of the prophets, any non literal interpretation of sacred texts or words of the prophets is surely against Gods will.

or one is purporting to know the mind of God, which, you aside of course Nat, no genuine religious person can do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum