Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wigan Sack Mackay

+11
Soul Kitchen
Michael Bolton
scottjames30
rammywhite
Bwfc1958
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
wessy
BoltonTillIDie
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Mon Apr 06 2015, 20:06

rammywhite wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
rammywhite wrote:There might be a decent couple of players looking for new clubs next season.
Anybody at Wigan that you would fancy pulling a white shirt on?

That'll be like picking a bloke to fuck your missus
Is it? I don't see the similarity. I presume that they would want paying!I'm not sure the missus would perform for nowt

Bolton is your missus

The wigan players are the blokes

Unless your cuckold (i think that's the term) you'll see is not a preferable scenario

22Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Mon Apr 06 2015, 20:33

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I didn't realise he had been sacked. Like others said, that would be funny watching him get sacked by a 23 year old. lmfao.
But Wigan, wtf, they won the FA cup only about 2 years ago and had a half decent team, how has it gone from that to the brink of the third tier of English football? I don't come from Lancashire so I don't feel the rivalry that you lot do, but it is sad what has happened to Wigan, it is just like what happened to Bolton - all those years of good work all counts for nothing now. Same with Fulham too, they are crap now too.

Is the reason it all went wrong the same reason it did for Bolton - i.e. shit managers (including Coyle)?

23Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Mon Apr 06 2015, 20:42

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:Can you imagine how embarrassing it must be to be sacked by a 23 year old chairman?

Quality.

:rofl:

Allardyce got sacked by a rapist!!!!

24Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Mon Apr 06 2015, 20:44

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:Especially when he looks like this:

Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Chairman-dave-whelan-and-david-sharpe-4x373-2163377_478x359

Neither can tie a tie a tie proper, Windsor Knot style.

25Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Mon Apr 06 2015, 20:52

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:That pitch can't help matters.

You can't expect to play decent football on a surface that has 26 blokes (who all weigh 18 stone) churning it up every second week.

Bollox. It was a pile of shite in February when the rugby started! They had to raise the pitch before they started laying it due to water/drainage problems when building the ground. Job done on the cheap.
There's grounds that have Union and Football played on them throughout the winter in better condition now than DW.
Not forgetting Hull and Huddersfield.

26Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Tue Apr 07 2015, 09:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure how I feel about this.
I think Mackay is a dick. I don't like Wigan FC. I don't like the families in the Leigh/Hindley/Ince area whose kids switched allegiance to Wigan when they finally got a competitive team despite it traditionally being a Bolton-supporting heartland. And I don't like their delight in our demise.

That said, (and I am amazed to find myself agreeing with MB) there is a salutary lesson here.
Mackay had little chance to rebuild with what was left of the cup-winning/Premiership Wigan team and no obvious budget. If as is likely, they'll join Blackpool in the third tier, we have to take that warning very seriously indeed because it could still happen to us.

Despite the massive cutbacks, we still had a trading loss of £9 million last year so we've still got some cutting back to do if we're finally going to break even because there's f*** all chance of increasing income unless the "non-football investments" start washing their face soon. And even when they do start to turn a profit, debt reduction is likely to be the top priority. I have to take all this chat about "building a team that can compete for promotion" with a pinch of salt for now as I can't see the money and in my mind it would seem a lot easier for us to go the other way - along with our Lancashire rivals.

If Wigan don't manage to stay up, part of me will be laughing inside but I'll also be thinking we should not lose sight of our own precarious position.

27Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Tue Apr 07 2015, 09:33

Soul Kitchen wrote:

You can't expect to play decent football on a surface that has 26 blokes (who all weigh 18 stone) churning it up every second week.

Bollox. It was a pile of shite in February when the rugby started! They had to raise the pitch before they started laying it due to water/drainage problems when building the ground. Job done on the cheap.
There's grounds that have Union and Football played on them throughout the winter in better condition now than DW.

Bollox, eh....?

So the abysmal standard of their pitch had nothing to do with them playing shit football did it?

Thanks for clearing that up.

28Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Tue Apr 07 2015, 10:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:All the good/average players have already left

Mackay brought in Kim who I think has a lot of quality and is only 25 still. Unfortunately I think he's on about £20 grand a week so may be too rich for us.

29Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Tue Apr 07 2015, 10:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'll be a little sorry to see them go, it's always nice having a few local derbies. I just don't see what good sacking him now will do, surely they must have known they had a good chance of going down when they appointed Mackay.

They have changed managers a lot in the last few years, i would have thought it better to try and re-build for next season with the same manager, chopping and changing doesn't always work.

30Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Tue Apr 07 2015, 10:38

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be so glad they're gone, I hated the local derbies, having to put up with there chav supporters, i can see why Mackay got sacked, the scumbag, i'm with Norpig on this one.

31Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Tue Apr 07 2015, 10:39

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:i'll be a little sorry to see them go, it's always nice having a few local derbies. I just don't see what good sacking him now will do, surely they must have known they had a good chance of going down when they appointed Mackay.

They have changed managers a lot in the last few years, i would have thought it better to try and re-build for next season with the same manager, chopping and changing doesn't always work.

Norpig,I think you are spot on here. Like him or not- if he had been given a bit more time then they would have a reasonable chance to rebuild.
Managing Wigan is now a poisoned chalice and they're likely to appoint another temporary deadleg.
History shows that giving a manger a decent run is more successful than changing every few months

32Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Tue Apr 07 2015, 10:42

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They want Lennon.

33Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Tue Apr 07 2015, 11:48

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

Bollox, eh....?

So the abysmal standard of their pitch had nothing to do with them playing shit football did it?

Thanks for clearing that up.
What I'm saying is the underlying problem with the pitch is not caused by the fact that RL is played on there. As I stated other grounds are shared for different sports and no problem has arisen.
At the start of this year's football season the pitch was in great condition, despite having 26 18 stone blokes running around on it all summer!
If you want to listen to the MOTD knobs pontificating about this matter then fine, I suppose I'll have to bow to the ill informed greater knowledge on the matter.
Hope this helps?
On a brighter note I'm pleased to see them struggling however I'll miss a Saturday afternoon out in Wigan!!
As an adage, they outplayed us a couple of weeks ago!!!

34Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Tue Apr 07 2015, 11:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mackay wasn't just sacked for results, behind the scenes he was a complete knob - he'd alienated the coaching staff and many senior players and thought he was untouchable because he was best buds with the guy left in charge when Whelan fooked off abroad.

Credit to his grandson, when he came in he saw what was going on and got shut.

My mole may even get promoted.

35Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Tue Apr 07 2015, 11:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
Norpig wrote:i'll be a little sorry to see them go, it's always nice having a few local derbies. I just don't see what good sacking him now will do, surely they must have known they had a good chance of going down when they appointed Mackay.

Norpig,I think you are spot on here. Like him or not- if he had been given a bit more time then they would have a reasonable chance to rebuild.
Managing Wigan is now a poisoned chalice and they're likely to appoint another temporary deadleg.
History shows that giving a manger a decent run is more successful than changing every few months

Quite right but desperate times require desperate measures and Wigan are deep in the poo so perhaps the thinking is that the "new manager bounce" might spark an unlikely recovery?

36Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Tue Apr 07 2015, 13:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

if they get out of this it will be a bigger comeback than in the Premiership a few years ago.

37Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Tue Apr 07 2015, 15:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gary Caldwell new manager with Graham Barrow as assistant.

38Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Tue Apr 07 2015, 19:01

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Gary Caldwell new manager with Graham Barrow as assistant.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
They'll never learn. Knee jerk reaction to appoint Caldwell. He'll be looking for another job by the end of September. They change managers more often than Nat changes her drawers

39Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Tue Apr 07 2015, 19:21

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I saw an article earlier titled "Where has it all gone wrong for Wigan?"

Well it's not rocket science is it? Their luck has finally run out. Martinez went down as a great appointment, but even then they were a crap side for the best part, and stayed up by the skin of their teeth a number of times.

40Wigan Sack Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Sack Mackay Tue Apr 07 2015, 20:17

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I seem to remember Barrow resigned many years ago because Whelan wanted to pick the team!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum