Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ZAT Shyte offered new contract albeit on reduced terms the good news though is.

+8
Spillthebeans
Lofty_Love
largehat
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Born to be a wanderer
12 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

IT looks like he wont be accepting it though.God help us if that twat is still here next year.AS IF I DONT FEEL BAD ENOUGH!.Twisted Evil

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not being funny but the fact the club have deemed to offer him a new contract is very very worrying indeed.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm not being funny but the fact the club have deemed to offer him a new contract is very very worrying indeed.

Agreed. One of the worst players in terms of effort and quality and Coyle wants to keep him.

This won't be a fresh start, it'll be more of the same.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I suspect he is merely seen as being better able to contribute than Mark Connolly for instance. That said, I wouldn't have offered him a new contract - purely on the strength of his lack of effort, concentration and ability.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He wont be on anywhere near the wages he was on this season. It will be interesting to see which teams come in for him.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'd keep him for £15K per week, but no more. I believe we could get a younger player of only slightly less ability in that position on similar wages. There are loads of half decent centre halves in the Championship, find one out of contract and there you go.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry Lareghat, i don't agree. I think it's extremely sad that a player of Zat Knights quality can command that much money and more. (but yes thats where football is, shame)

He is of extremely limited ability and is the antithesis to Coyles apparent footballing ethos.

A player who will happily blast a ball into the corner without raising his head.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Get rid of him, he had no positioning at all, put in no effort and cant distribute the ball at all, combined with the fact that he couldn't care less he really is a useless player.

We could get a much better defender on less wages easily

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

15 k a week fuck me i wouldnt pay that useless piece of shit £15 a week.Plenty of experienced Centre halfs on Bosmans.Get Rid of that useless piece of Shit FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Evil or Very Mad

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Born to be a wanderer wrote:15 k a week fuck me i wouldnt pay that useless piece of shit £15 a week.Plenty of experienced Centre halfs on Bosmans.Get Rid of that useless piece of Shit FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Evil or Very Mad

Are you related to Angry Dad ?

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Possibly??????????

Spillthebeans

Spillthebeans
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Born to be a wanderer wrote:15 k a week fuck me i wouldnt pay that useless piece of shit £15 a week.Plenty of experienced Centre halfs on Bosmans.Get Rid of that useless piece of Shit FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Evil or Very Mad

couldn't agree more

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

FFS I just hope he doesn't sign.

But this is the mentality of our current manager - now you can see what it could be more of the same shit season. We need to get rid of Coyle.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

They figure he will be ok in the Championship. Meanwhile our leading goal scorer is allowed to leave ....how many would he score in the Champs I wonder.
Maybe we will still have Zat at the back and SKD up top .....Fat Phil, OC and Big Eddie ......oh the joy of it all.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:I'd keep him for £15K per week, but no more. I believe we could get a younger player of only slightly less ability in that position on similar wages. There are loads of half decent centre halves in the Championship, find one out of contract and there you go.

I believe that you'll be in for a shock next season if you think that a player that no Bolton fan is bothered about is alright if he's on £15 grand a week.

That 15k was Burnley's top limit in the Premier League.

It maybe nowt to go on but we are nearly balancing the books at present.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Well we'll see. I suspect £15k a week is probably half what Zat Knight is on, and assuming he won't accept a 50% pay cut, and what with Wheater out of action we will need to sign a first choice centre back, it doesn't seem an unrealistic figure to me.

I hear what you're saying about £15k a week being Burnley's top earner in the PL, but if you imagine that say, Eagles and Mears got a pay rise to £22k per week when they joined Bolton, and that they had clauses in their contract committing them to a pay cut in the event of relegation (as many of our more recent signings did), again I imagine they themselves will be on more than £15k per week.

A lot of our out of contract players who are leaving the club are thought to be on £40k per week or more. Even Robbie Blake was on £10k per week at Bolton. We have gone down and we do need to cut costs massively, but when you consider there's about 8 highly paid players leaving, and about the same again taking an enforced pay cut, I'd be surprised if we haven't got £15k per week available for a first choice centre back, particularly on a free transfer as I mentioned in my last post.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Does not bode well for next season this news Gartside is really pissing me off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum