Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What a palaver!!

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What a palaver!! Empty What a palaver!! Tue May 15 2012, 23:06

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

I've just spent the last three quarters of an hour trying to purchase tickets for myself and my boy via the Wanderers website. What a job that turned out to be. Anyway, it's done now.
It's going to be his first season ticket and personally I think one of the good things to come from relegation is the fact that he's not going to have to witness us going into games where the best we'll be hoping for is to not get spanked. I remember the promotion pushes and the ups and downs, play offs etc of my youth and it remains the best time I've had as a Wanderer.
So now I have a massive reason to look forward to next season, my lad's going to be experiencing it all with me. COYWM!!!!

2What a palaver!! Empty Re: What a palaver!! Tue May 15 2012, 23:07

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

TheHateCamel wrote:
It's going to be his first season ticket and personally I think one of the good things to come from relegation is the fact that he's not going to have to witness us going into games where the best we'll be hoping for is to not get spanked.

I hope you're right about that!

3What a palaver!! Empty Re: What a palaver!! Tue May 15 2012, 23:12

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

doffcocker wrote:
TheHateCamel wrote:
It's going to be his first season ticket and personally I think one of the good things to come from relegation is the fact that he's not going to have to witness us going into games where the best we'll be hoping for is to not get spanked.

Sat here grinning inanely, why has it taken me doing this to get excited about next season? On another note, 50 quid for his ticket is a total bargain.

4What a palaver!! Empty Re: What a palaver!! Tue May 15 2012, 23:14

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Upload one of your music videos on here THC. Show us your moves.

5What a palaver!! Empty Re: What a palaver!! Tue May 15 2012, 23:15

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

TheHateCamel wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
TheHateCamel wrote:

Sat here grinning inanely, why has it taken me doing this to get excited about next season? On another note, 50 quid for his ticket is a total bargain.

49, dick head.

6What a palaver!! Empty Re: What a palaver!! Tue May 15 2012, 23:22

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:
TheHateCamel wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
TheHateCamel wrote:

49, dick head.

affraid

7What a palaver!! Empty Re: What a palaver!! Tue May 15 2012, 23:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes a bit OTT Doff, or have I missed something?

Anyway Camel, I'm sure you will spend loads of quality time with your son over the next season.

I remember taking my nephews for many seasons when they were younger (my daughter doesn't like football), the youngest one is in his thirties now!

Temus fugit.

8What a palaver!! Empty Re: What a palaver!! Tue May 15 2012, 23:35

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

Have we met before Doffcocker? Because really I only expect good friends to address me in such ways.

On another note, still smiling Smile

9What a palaver!! Empty Re: What a palaver!! Tue May 15 2012, 23:39

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

Largehat, we've only got one vid and there's not much of me dancing on it, but we're playing the Dog And Partridge on Saturday night if you fancy checking us out live.

10What a palaver!! Empty Re: What a palaver!! Tue May 15 2012, 23:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Camel if you are in a band we don't mind you starting a thread on here plugging yourself / venue - even stick up a youtube clip of yourselves if you have one.

The same goes (within reason) of anybody who wants to advertise something - and I don't mean in an ebay type of way!

11What a palaver!! Empty Re: What a palaver!! Tue May 15 2012, 23:45

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Yes a bit OTT Doff, or have I missed something?

I interpreted largehat's post as a dig at the fact I pretended to be a year my junior in order to get a junior season ticket, something he's previously had trouble accepting.
If that wasn't the jist, I apologise, and in any case, I apologise to THC for him having thought it was him I was addressing like that.

12What a palaver!! Empty Re: What a palaver!! Tue May 15 2012, 23:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thanks Doff.

We've all done things that looking back on we aren't proud of - so you know, let him without sin throw the first stone and all that.

I'm sure Largehat loves you really and that Camel will forgive you and thus once again there is joy and peace within the 'Nuts' household!

13What a palaver!! Empty Re: What a palaver!! Tue May 15 2012, 23:57

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Yes a bit OTT Doff, or have I missed something?

I interpreted largehat's post as a dig at the fact I pretended to be a year my junior in order to get a junior season ticket, something he's previously had trouble accepting.
If that wasn't the jist, I apologise, and in any case, I apologise to THC for him having thought it was him I was addressing like that.

You interpreted this:

"Upload one of your music videos on here THC. Show us your moves."

As a dig at the fact that you pretended to be a year younger to get a junior season ticket? That's your explanation?

I'd actually forgotten all about our discussion about your season ticket deception as it happens.

EDIT: actually, forget it. Ignore my question.

14What a palaver!! Empty Re: What a palaver!! Wed May 16 2012, 00:09

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I took your first post in the thread, in which you quoted me, to be a dig.

In my defence, it's rare that you quote me, and I'm not required to defend myself in some way.

Sorry, once again.

15What a palaver!! Empty Re: What a palaver!! Wed May 16 2012, 00:14

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:I took your first post in the thread, in which you quoted me, to be a dig.

In my defence, it's rare that you quote me, and I'm not required to defend myself in some way.

Sorry, once again.

No worries, I'm over it, but just for the record, if you look back, I didn't quote you or anyone else, until after you got the wrong end of the stick, and I only did that with a shocked smiley. I don't really follow what led to the confusion, but anyway, it's done. Now about that kiss I asked for yesterday?

16What a palaver!! Empty Re: What a palaver!! Wed May 16 2012, 00:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Camel - I've used your post to give you your own thread over on the 'Wandering Minds' bit of our forum - feel free to bump it up with dates and venues whenever you want.

17What a palaver!! Empty Re: What a palaver!! Wed May 16 2012, 00:19

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

Cool beans Sluffy, cheers for that pal.

18What a palaver!! Empty Re: What a palaver!! Wed May 16 2012, 00:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:
No worries, I'm over it, but just for the record, if you look back, I didn't quote you or anyone else, until after you got the wrong end of the stick, and I only did that with a shocked smiley. I don't really follow what led to the confusion, but anyway, it's done. Now about that kiss I asked for yesterday?

Shocked Shocked Shocked

You're right! Jesus, how much have I had to drink? I genuinely, for god only knows what reason, thought post 3 was written by you, largehat.

I feel terrible! What a mix-up! So sorry everyone!

19What a palaver!! Empty Re: What a palaver!! Wed May 16 2012, 00:29

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

I thought that's what had happened pal Laughing
Forget it

20What a palaver!! Empty Re: What a palaver!! Wed May 16 2012, 11:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse