Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good or Bad News? - Baptiste to return for start of next season.

+8
Boggersbelief
Keegan
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Sluffy
12 posters

Reply to topic

Baptiste - good, bad or who?

Good or Bad News? - Baptiste to return for start of next season. Vote_lcap70%Good or Bad News? - Baptiste to return for start of next season. Vote_rcap 70% [ 14 ]
Good or Bad News? - Baptiste to return for start of next season. Vote_lcap20%Good or Bad News? - Baptiste to return for start of next season. Vote_rcap 20% [ 4 ]
Good or Bad News? - Baptiste to return for start of next season. Vote_lcap10%Good or Bad News? - Baptiste to return for start of next season. Vote_rcap 10% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I can only think this is good news for the club.

Yes there's a great many who slated Baptiste when he was here - but for nearly every game he played, he was either in the two full back positions, when central defender his clearly where he plays best - both at Blackpool before we signed him and on loan at Blackburn.

I've never rated either of the donkeys Wheater and Mills, so maybe a central defender playing Baptiste is what we need.

What do people think?

...But his counterpart Lennon, who took over Bolton in October, said: “I’ve not had the chance to work with Alex yet.

“He certainly will be here pre-season because at the end of the day he is our player and I want to have a good look at him.

“I’ve been impressed with what I’ve seen in the games he’s participated in on the occasions I’ve had the chance to watch Blackburn play.”

Baptiste, who has scored three in 35 appearances for Rovers, is contracted to Bolton until the summer of 2016.

Bowyer is currently unable to sign players for fees under the terms of the club’s embargo for failing Financial Fair Play.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let Lennon work with him.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Everyone deserves a second chance in life.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he was always a centre back at Blackpool yet never played there for us so its worth getting him back to at least look at him. He seemed to have issues with Freedman so now he's gone it's a clean slate.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Been getting good reviews at Blackburn. So its a yes from me - like others have said dont think he was ever played in his favoured position

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's worth another chance under Lennon for me as well.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

He's been doing well for Blackburn and they have a transfer embargo. Bringing him back weakens them. Win-win.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bring him back only if he's played at CB.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Agree with the general consensus. Give the guy another chance under Lennon.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

As long as it doesn't involve a contract or extension until we see how he performs.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yup..... same from me.  Wasn't impressed first time around but worth another chance under Neil.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Again, Freedman brought him in Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum