Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Players on free...

+11
bwfc71
Copper Dragon
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
xmiles
wanderlust
largehat
Sluffy
Bolton Nuts
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Players on free... Empty Players on free... Tue May 15 2012, 23:24

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Can we get any out of contract players from the Prem to play in the Chumpionship?

Owen Hargreaves? (old) On a free this year, nobody will want him.
Tuncay is on a free too. (?)
Nicky Shorey? Useful? (32)

Wayne Bridge? (31)
Distan? (34)
Andy Johnson? (32)

Danny Murphy (35)

Boyata (21)

Youth is all well and good in many ways but we need experience too. Someone like an ageing Danny Murphy would be immense in the Championship. Steady, clever passer. Sod Mavies off.

There are a tonne of others, Heskey, Woodgate (33), Dyer (34), Salgado (34) - surely they are not all going to get new Premier League contracts are they? We would miss a trick not to attempt to sign some oldies for a season.

(ages - approx)

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Players on free... Empty Re: Players on free... Tue May 15 2012, 23:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

No such thing as a free - well not a 'free' who is wanted by more than one club anyway.

There will be a nice 'signing on' fee to be paid for everyone of them we get!

3Players on free... Empty Re: Players on free... Tue May 15 2012, 23:33

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Where are you getting these names from Biggie, are you making them up? There are some players on that list who aren't out of contract.

4Players on free... Empty Re: Players on free... Wed May 16 2012, 11:21

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Oh. Really? I am pretty sure they all expire this year unless they have already been re-signed pre-emptively.

5Players on free... Empty Re: Players on free... Wed May 16 2012, 11:24

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Out of interest, if they were on a free could we get any of them to come here in your opinion? And, would you think it would be a good idea to bring in the old guard a bit more?

Murphy, Distan, Woodgate and Tuncay would all be brill in my opinion, it would give them a season in a first eleven and a chance to win a promotion and get maybe another PL season under their belts before they die.

6Players on free... Empty Re: Players on free... Wed May 16 2012, 11:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

How much do you think they will want in wages, signing on fee and length of contact?

We can't afford free transfers like these!

7Players on free... Empty Re: Players on free... Wed May 16 2012, 11:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would have no problem with getting an experienced defence in, but I think OC has enough young talent coming through everywhere else and they have to be given a chance.
Disappointed that Connolly is apparently off, but I'd blood Riley and Alonso with a couple of old hands at the back just to give us a solid platform. But I'd rather try to find players operating abroad than e.g. Woodgate and Distin
But our midfield and attack should be awesome next season so please don't mess with it.

8Players on free... Empty Re: Players on free... Wed May 16 2012, 11:46

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Biggie are you being ironic? OC made no sensible use of Tuncay this season and doesn't seem to have been much of a fan of Boyata.

Wouldn't touch Hargreaves or Woodgate with their injury records.

It will be interesting to see who OC signs. More Holdens and Reams would be great but for every one of those we get a Pratley.

9Players on free... Empty Re: Players on free... Wed May 16 2012, 12:52

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Owen Hargreaves? (old) On a free this year, nobody will want him._ There is a reason nobody wants him, because he can't even get past 10minutes without breaking his leg.

Tuncay is on a free too. (?) - He didn't get a game for us last season so it's a no for me on him too.

Nicky Shorey? Useful? (32) - We already have enough right/left backs.

Wayne Bridge? (31) - Ha, no thanks the guys a tosser.
Distan? (34) - Hmm we need a centre back so not a bad shout IMO, though I think we could get a better younger player on a cheaper wage.

Andy Johnson? (32) - Another injury prone striker, would demand premier league wages too.

Danny Murphy (35) - Same as AJ, his wages would be ridiculos but I would take him on a year deal if we could afford him.

Boyata (21) - - He isn't out of contract.

Heskey - We already have kevin davies.

Woodgate (33) & Dyer (34) - Cripples.

10Players on free... Empty Re: Players on free... Wed May 16 2012, 14:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This thread has to be a wind up.

11Players on free... Empty Re: Players on free... Wed May 16 2012, 14:53

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:This thread has to be a wind up.

Agreed.

12Players on free... Empty Re: Players on free... Wed May 16 2012, 15:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will you ever get over Andy Johnson?

13Players on free... Empty Re: Players on free... Wed May 16 2012, 15:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

don't bring that up you "bellend!"

I do remember you suggesting Hargreaves as the "perfect" player for us and calling Coyle a wanker for not singing him in the offseason.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

14Players on free... Empty Re: Players on free... Wed May 16 2012, 16:15

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm glad OC didn't sing Hargreaves. He doesn't seem to have much of a singing voice anyway.

15Players on free... Empty Re: Players on free... Wed May 16 2012, 16:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:I'm glad OC didn't sing Hargreaves. He doesn't seem to have much of a singing voice anyway.

Sorry, meant SIGN obviously. Easily done.

16Players on free... Empty Re: Players on free... Wed May 16 2012, 16:27

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Yeah, but where's the fun in just ignoring an obvious typo? I now have an image of OC singing 'Hargreaves' as a verse with the chorus being "The Barclays Premier League"...

17Players on free... Empty Re: Players on free... Wed May 16 2012, 16:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a strange imagination you have.

18Players on free... Empty Re: Players on free... Wed May 16 2012, 17:02

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Biggie, Tuncay isn't out of contract. He only signed for Wolfsburg in 2011 and the season long loan we've just had him for was with a view to a permanent deal. The fee was fixed at £3m though I am unsure if that is on top of or including the loan fee.

Boyata isn't out of contract as someone said.

Sylvain Distin thought we weren't big enough for him in 2002 so he would not join us. No idea of his contract position but he has been a regular starter in a top 10 club, and went through Newcastle and Portsmouth at times when those clubs were paying insane wages.

Wayne Bridge is similar. He is on £90k per week. We are looking for young players and we probably won't pay any new signing more than £20k per week. Another non-starter.

Nicky Shorey is no better than Ricketts and Mears.

We might be in the market for another fullback to support Ricketts and Mears as I think there is a very strong chance Marcos Alonso is going to jail.

Andrew Johnston and Danny Murphy would be brilliant if we could attract and afford them, especially Murphy, who has been making Fulham tick for years.

We can't afford to take a risk on Hargreaves or Dyer even on modest wages. We are going to have to work smart with our wages budget this season. Maybeif they would take a very low basic and a pay as you play deal but I doubt it.

19Players on free... Empty Re: Players on free... Wed May 16 2012, 17:41

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We can't afford any more injury-prone ponces. We have had quite enough of these lately.

Thank you.

20Players on free... Empty Re: Players on free... Wed May 16 2012, 20:21

Bolton Nuts

Admin

No. I am just clearly rubbish.

Ps. We don't have enough full backs. We are potentially losing Robinson, Steinsson and Boyata and Ricketts may have to be Centre back with Wheater out and Knight leaving.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum