Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Lennon Thought - Bournemouth

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Lennon Thought - Bournemouth Empty What Lennon Thought - Bournemouth Tue Apr 28 2015, 11:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon says the better team won, as Bolton suffered a 3-0 defeat at all-but-promoted Bournemouth at the Goldsands Stadium on Monday evening.

Wanderers more than matched their south coast opponents in the first half, but conceded two quick-fire goals shortly before the interval.

Marc Pugh and Matt Ritchie put the hosts two up, before Callum Wilson added a third midway through the second half.

Bolton ended the game with ten men, after Dorian Dervite was shown a straight red for hauling down Wilson, though Yann Kermorgant skied the result penalty.

“We were beaten by a better team,” Lennon said. “They are the benchmark for where we want to be in a year or two.

“It seems like we’re a long way off that at the minute, but we are missing some key players and we’ll have a lot of work to do in the summer in terms of the type of player we want to bring in.

“We were second best tonight for much of the game, although I thought Emile Heskey and Adam Bogdan were fantastic.

“I think we can perhaps look at this game in isolation, when you look at the teams we’ve played in and around the top four in the league. We’ve ran Middlesbrough, Norwich and Watford close in recent months, but tonight everything fell for Bournemouth.

“I felt for maybe the first 30 minutes or so, we did well, but once the first goal went in we lost our way a little bit.

“We need to get stronger, fitter and have a little more robustness about us. We need players that can still look fresh after 40-plus games a season.

“We know what we have to do – it’s going to take a lot of hard work, but it’s been our thinking for the last six months since we walked in the door really.

“Our home form has been the one positive to take this season, so we want to finish on a high against Birmingham.

“I am disappointed with the performance tonight - yet again we’re a bit patched up, but I expected more from some players tonight.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2What Lennon Thought - Bournemouth Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Bournemouth Tue Apr 28 2015, 17:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Properly motivated, they have shown they can play OK e.g. against Liverpool but Bournemouth were fired up last night and our lot never got going.

Not surprising seeing as Lennon has publicly announced that many of them are on their way out in the summer.

3What Lennon Thought - Bournemouth Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Bournemouth Tue Apr 28 2015, 17:27

wanderlust wrote:
Not surprising seeing as Lennon has publicly announced that many of them are on their way out in the summer.

Has he?

4What Lennon Thought - Bournemouth Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Bournemouth Tue Apr 28 2015, 17:30

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not quite, wander. Think what he actually came out and said was anyone who shows lack of commitment is free to find a new club

5What Lennon Thought - Bournemouth Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Bournemouth Tue Apr 28 2015, 19:03

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:Not quite, wander. Think what he actually came out and said was anyone who shows lack of commitment is free to find a new club
I believe a good part of the team answered that call by showing a lack of commitment as well as footballing skills.

6What Lennon Thought - Bournemouth Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Bournemouth Tue Apr 28 2015, 21:23

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Effort & sweat can get you some results but the bottom line is pace & skill.  We need to move the ball faster and with much more accurate passing....of course everybody can say that barre Arsenal.  But once again a lot of people of putting emphasis on a good ol shift.  We did a lot of lumping up to Heskey last night and that reminds me of SKD days.  That's a step back for me. 
Two skillful end to end fullbacks and a good striker ...... that along with an injury free squad should be enough for next season IMO.  I would spend more money on three good players rather than five average ones.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum