Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DRAMATIC Eddie Davies rumour circulating

+8
Norpig
FullofSprite
terenceanne
scottjames30
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1DRAMATIC Eddie Davies rumour circulating Empty DRAMATIC Eddie Davies rumour circulating Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:30 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to some on twitter and various forums ED has not been able to pay the wages for a while and the Warburtons are doing so in his place.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well I had read something that I couldn't confirm - but others probably could - towards the end of March.

The rumour from a poster on ww being that Davies did not sign off payment of the wages last month and Warburtons stumped up £2 million to do so - that a charge had been made against the Lostock Academy ground in favour of Director Brett Warburton, presumably as guarantee against a loan.

Could be complete bollocks but I'm fairly sure this could be confirmed by paying a small fee and searching the Land Registry records for the Academy.

Even if it was true it doesn't prove anything other than perhaps a loan had been made an the Academy used as an asset against potential default of repayment.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't know that Warburtons still had any financial interest in the club.

Well, if we'e paying £2 million a month in wages, it's no wonder we're fucked.

That equates to 667 people earning an average of £35k a year or 150 people earning an average of £160k a year - either way, it's a lot.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Well, if we'e paying £2 million a month in wages, it's no wonder we're fucked.

That equates to 667 people earning an average of £35k a year or 150 people earning an average of £160k a year - either way, it's a lot.

But we all know that footballers won't get out of bed for that kind of money.

Are we carrying a 400 man squad?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Are we carrying a 400 man squad?

No but perhaps the lads haven't been paid for 2-3 months?

karlypants wrote:
Breadman wrote:Are we carrying a 400 man squad?

No but perhaps the lads haven't been paid for 2-3 months?

Whilst I'm obviously no expert, I'm pretty sure that if that was the case, at least one of 'em would have leaked it by now.

Especially seeing as Lennon has told half of 'em that they're shit and he doesn't rate 'em.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair comment. Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:Well, if we'e paying £2 million a month in wages, it's no wonder we're fucked.

The £2 million could have been used on other things besides that month wages, such as running costs, repayment of a due loan, short term loan, in fact anything really - then again it may all be made up bollocks.

Who knows.

That's why I never said anything at the time I saw the gossip.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He just forgot to pay, simple mistake to make.

Hes getting on.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:He just forgot to pay, simple mistake to make.

Hes getting on.

:rofl:

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Phil needed that money for a modernization of his house and his condo in Benidorm.  Nothing to worry about...business as per usual.

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:Well I had read something that I couldn't confirm - but others probably could - towards the end of March.

The rumour from a poster on ww being that Davies did not sign off payment of the wages last month and Warburtons stumped up £2 million to do so - that a charge had been made against the Lostock Academy ground in favour of Director Brett Warburton, presumably as guarantee against a loan.

Could be complete bollocks but I'm fairly sure this could be confirmed by paying a small fee and searching the Land Registry records for the Academy.

Even if it was true it doesn't prove anything other than perhaps a loan had been made an the Academy used as an asset against potential default of repayment.
Put this rumour to Marc Isles of Bolton News. He said there was nothing in it. Complete nonsense

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Welcome FullofSprite, nice to see a new poster on here Very Happy

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Marc iles is clueless to be fair.

is this not the point we accuse him of being AD Smile

No.

Spelling's too good and there's no mention of killing people with a stick.

It's obviously not him.

Breadman wrote:No.

Spelling's too good and there's no mention of killing people with a stick.

It's obviously not him.
Smile

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FullofSprite wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Well I had read something that I couldn't confirm - but others probably could - towards the end of March.

Put this rumour to Marc Isles of Bolton News. He said there was nothing in it. Complete nonsense

Welcome FullofSprite, hope you enjoy your stay here! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum