Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers fans group hope to boost atmosphere

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A GROUP of Wanderers fans are looking into ways they can boost the atmosphere at the Macron next season.

A Facebook group has been created by 18-year-old season ticket holder Arran Clements with view to exchanging ideas on how they can put a roar back into the stadium.

A plan has been set in place to sing one of the more popular chants – Walking Down the Manny Road – before today’s kick-off against Birmingham City and also to organise some chanting in the first few minutes of the game en masse.

With one eye on the future, the group hope to get supporters behind a single chant pre-kick off, which could replace or complement the music which currently greets the players as they walk out of the tunnel on to the pitch.

“I think over the last few seasons the atmosphere at the ground has dropped considerably,” Arran told The Bolton News. “A lot of supporters see this but not a lot seems to be being done about it.

“I’ve not set up the group so people can talk about how the team is going – there are other places for that – but more about passing comment on the crowd and what we can do to improve things.

“I’ve spoken with the club and intend to do so again this summer. We’ve got a couple of things we’re going to try during the Birmingham game and then look to get more people involved as time goes on.

“I don’t think it should just be teenagers or younger fans, you look at other clubs and even the pensioners are singing along to their terrace anthems."

Arran’s group can be found at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We're the Whites!
We are shite!
The players don't put up a fight!
With a knick-knack, paddywhack,
We have no backbone!
The Championship will be our home!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Arran should stick to doing the chatbox commentary.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

how about a team that actually gets us excited and want to get involved and sing? That would help.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum