Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is Bolton's most valuable player?

+2
scottjames30
Sluffy
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who is Bolton's most valuable player? Empty Who is Bolton's most valuable player? Thu Jun 04 2015, 19:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't mean in money terms but who do we need to keep the most?

We read about the likes of Bogdan, Pratley and Mavies possibly being on there way and most of us have accepted that it is not the end of the world - but do we have a player we can't do without?

Clough is possibly one but let's be realistic for a moment - he did look good but he's new on the scene, other clubs had not had a chance to work him out the first time around, he's only played a handful of games - so do we build the future around him?

If not him, then who.

Do we have a most valuable player - if not do we need to find one somehow?

What do you think?

I've been thinking about this ever since you posted the thread and I honestly can't think of anybody who fits the bill.

And that's quite an indictment......

Clough. The team should be being built around him. If he can stay fit and doesnt turn out to be an injury prone ponce like mavies we will be cashing in on him to the tune of a few million next season

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Heskey.

scottjames30 wrote:Heskey.

If it was the same heskey of 8 or 9 years ago id still rather have super Kev.

The heskey we have now is fine as an impact sub and a good role model and coach for the up and comers but not worth building a team round.

(Welcome back by the way Smile )

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tim Ream

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At this moment time I wouldn't say any of our players are irreplaceable. I'd like to think we've got some good youngsters in clayton, Clough and Vela, so i suppose you could say these as if these turn out to be what we hope then we'll have some decent players without having to spend big or pay large wages. Just what we need at the moment

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have a track record of slagging off the team, getting rid of players and then struggling to find comparable quality so I'd be careful what you wish for. I know this is true because of the number of former players I'd have had back at various times.
I reckon Pratley could be our most valuable player since he was played with support in the midfield showing how valuable he can be in the correct system. We always did well with a strong engine room and Pratley is the nearest thing we have to one.
Clough and the other kids are unproven so it would be idiotic to build a team around him.
Generally we shouldn't be thinking in those terms anyway as at times like these we need to build a team around a work and cameraderie ethic as the quality we can afford won't be that good - team spirit over prima donnas required.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ben Amos

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum