Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Lennon - Good quality at an early stage

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon was happy with his side’s workout during their opening pre-season fixture of 2015/16 programme.

Despite ultimately tasting defeat against Austrian top flight outfit Sturm Graz, Bolton turned in an encouraging performance at Stadion Kumberg.

After falling behind early on, Mark Davies scored what looked to have been an equaliser in the second half.

But late in the piece a penalty from Roman Kienast secured victory for Graz.

“I thought it was a very entertaining game,” Lennon told bwfc.co.uk. “I was pleased with the way in which we kept our shape for large parts of the game.

“We also created a good volume of quality chances in front of goal.

“We didn’t deserve to lose the game, but as a workout and an exercise it gave me a lot of satisfaction.

“I pleased with the quality of the performance at this stage. The players’ attitude has been fantastic all week.

“Sturm Graz are well ahead of us in terms of preparation. We were able to use all of our players, which was also another bonus.

“Things will start stepping up now, with Paderborn on Monday and that’s exactly what we want to happen.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by karlypants on Sun Jul 12 2015, 11:11; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie mk II. Fuck off Lennon and find a new scriptwriter.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There may have been mitigating factors but we looked miles away from being ready and there is a big question over the quality and tactics.
White at CB? Hardly going to use his primary asset i.e. pace to full effect there. He looked lost but TBF he put in a couple of great blocks.
Maher struggled at RB and nobody covered themselves in glory. Far too much long ball in the general direction of Madine and if Lennon wants to do that, the quality of the ball has to be a lot better.
Spearing didn't look any different than when he left us i.e. lazy.
By all means put on a positive spin for the media but please don't believe it Neil - there's a helluva lot of work to do if we aren't going to get mauled every week.

It was their fifth and final friendly. It was our first. They are bound to be pushing more and a lot sharper.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum