Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Lennon happy with Derik Osede despite costly mistake

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Derik Osede will bounce back quickly from his debut gaffe at Millwall, says Neil Lennon.

The defender, signed from Castilla just a fortnight ago, was at fault for Morecambe’s winning goal on Friday night, in what was his first game on English soil.

It spoiled what had been an encouraging debut but Lennon has backed the 22-year-old to shrug off the disappointment and carry on regardless at Oldham Athletic tomorrow night.

“Derik made a rick for the goal but in the first half he was excellent. He’s the least of my worries at the minute,” said the Whites boss.

“It’s his first game in Britain and he’s just getting the feel of it. I’m sure there will be more mistakes along the way.

“But his positional sense first half was exemplary and he’s playing left side, which is not really ideal for him. I don’t have any worries about him at all.”

Lennon is also confident that the addition of some experience to his back four will remedy what has been an unsteady pre-season so far.

“We’ve got David Wheater and Tim Ream to come into that defensive unit and provided we can get a right-back or two in, I don’t have too many problems there,” he added.

“On top of that Josh Vela got his first runout after his illness and he looks fine. Bruno (Emile Heskey) had his first runout and was feeling it in his legs, so we’re still way off. We’re not full-speed at all.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon wrote:
“We’ve got David Wheater and Tim Ream to come into that defensive unit

Nice one Neil, let's rely on David Wheater staying fit :facepalm:

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Derik Osede will bounce back quickly from his debut gaffe at Millwall, says Neil Lennon.

The defender, signed from Castilla just a fortnight ago, was at fault for Morecambe’s winning goal on Friday night, in what was his first game on English soil.

It spoiled what had been an encouraging debut but Lennon has backed the 22-year-old to shrug off the disappointment and carry on regardless at Oldham Athletic tomorrow night.

“Derik made a rick for the goal but in the first half he was excellent. He’s the least of my worries at the minute,” said the Whites boss.

“It’s his first game in Britain and he’s just getting the feel of it. I’m sure there will be more mistakes along the way.

“But his positional sense first half was exemplary and he’s playing left side, which is not really ideal for him. I don’t have any worries about him at all.”

Lennon is also confident that the addition of some experience to his back four will remedy what has been an unsteady pre-season so far.

“We’ve got David Wheater and Tim Ream to come into that defensive unit and provided we can get a right-back or two in, I don’t have too many problems there,” he added.

“On top of that Josh Vela got his first runout after his illness and he looks fine. Bruno (Emile Heskey) had his first runout and was feeling it in his legs, so we’re still way off. We’re not full-speed at all.”

Source

Lennon says that he was playing left side- not his normal position.
Not again!!I understand that its only a pre season friendly, but we've spent a couple of seasons now with players playing out of their preferred position- and it seems that we get someone new in and immediately they're playing out of position.
 C'mon Neil- play him against Oldham where he can show you and everyone else what his natural game is like

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Neil Lennon wrote:

Not to mention he's about as average as they come too.

hardly someone you look forward to coming back is it.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Neil Lennon wrote:

Not to mention he's about as average as they come too.

hardly someone you look forward to coming back is it.

He was average when we had a team of highly paid professionals, but now we've had to get rid of them and have a squad of makeweights and kids, he's good comparatively.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum