Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Lennon confirms Tim Ream bid rejection

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers boss Neil Lennon has confirmed the club have rejected a bid from Queens Park Rangers for Player of the Year Tim Ream.

Lennon wants to keep hold of the US international, who he says is an integral part of his squad rebuild at the Macron Stadium.

He says the offer from recently-relegated Rangers was way below the club's valuation of the American defender and hopes that will be the end of the matter.

Lennon says there is no pressure to sell despite the financial situation at Wanderers but does concede it will be difficult if a good offer comes in from Rangers or elsewhere.

Lennon told The Bolton News: "I think there has been a bid for Tim but I can’t tell you if it has been concrete or not.

"It’s way below our valuation of what we think Tim is worth.

"I don’t want to sell him and the club doesn’t want to sell him.

"Whatever people think about the financial situation I don’t want to sell one of my best players.

"It’s important we look to build a squad and Tim is part of that.

"He played a lot of games last year and was very consistent.

"I think he will get better as well.

"He is important to what we want to do here and there is no real interest in selling.

"Look, at the end of the day every player has his price.

"I’m not saying we will refuse offers, so long as it suits us but at the minute it doesn’t.

"I don’t want to sell if I can avoid it."

Source

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Seems to me that half the posters on here thought Ream was a donkey and the other half thought he was decent. So turning down money that could have brought the likes of ALF for example or one or two others.....  not sure he's worth that amount.  But 50/50 on it really.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think Ream is consistently average where the rest of the squad is either unpredictable or average it best. On that basis, he is our best player but are we that much worse off without him?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd have sold him - Ream gets away with a lot of abuse because he's the "best" of a very bad bunch.

I think we can get closer to £2.5 million for him, and by Neil's comments here I reckon he's thinking the same thing.

As Doff says, even thought I like him I don't think we're much worse off without him. Sell him and (hopefully) we can invest the money in other areas.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:I think we can get closer to £2.5 million for him, and by Neil's comments here I reckon he's thinking the same thing.

As Doff says, even thought I like him I don't think we're much worse off without him. Sell him and (hopefully) we can invest the money in other areas.

I think we are in agreement for a change. Laughing

It won't last long though What a Face

Let's treasure this moment Terrence

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum