Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jussi signs for West Ham on 2 year deal - plus lastest on KNIGHT - Nixon

+15
chipbutty
Bolton Nuts
Lyric Todkill
Keegan
Reebok_Rebel
Sluffy
Numpty 28723
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:He did have his testimony in 09 so perhaps the time is right for him to leave.

What was he in court for?

Falsely claiming to have been a BPL goalie for the last 2 years

Bolton Nuts

Admin

The thing about Jussi is he is just finished building his new house off Old Kiln Lane - to move to West Ham for one season would possibly be drag, no?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Think I'd put up with it for £40,000+ per WEEK!.

No?

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I don't pretend to know what goes on at BWFC but I do think that Boggers will be able to settle a lot more without JJ looking over his shoulder.

Why do posters call someone a great 'servant' just because they've been picking up more than £30,000 a week for over 10yrs?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's to do with what he did on the pitch?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:

Why do posters call someone a great 'servant' just because they've been picking up more than £30,000 a week for over 10yrs?

I take your point, but he was a very good keeper for the majority of his time at BWFC. There were one or two seasons where his saves kept us up.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I think it depends on your meaning of the word 'servant'.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His job was to keep nets for Bolton and he did a fantastic job despite offers from elsewhere.

I don't think we need to get bogged down in the semantics of the word "servant"

next thing we'll be on to someones died in Afghanistan and we're praising Jussi.

shall we stick to "he was a great player for us"

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Rob Green is overrated IMO to begin with .....then again I am one of the few who thinks Joe Hart is overrated also. Hart is a fantastic shot stopper but his distribution of the ball is abysmal and he is good for a potential howler every game. Having said that I can't really name anybody better right now but 5 years ago I would rate Jussi over both of them.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

No questioning JJ has been a great player. Am questioning this 'great servant' thing, if that's alright with you. Or can people only post if they agree with you.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:No questioning JJ has been a great player. Am questioning this 'great servant' thing, if that's alright with you. Or can people only post if they agree with you.

I think you'll find almost no one on this site tends to agree with me and they continue to post.

It's a debate, If i disagree with you, i will say i do, as i would expect you to say if you disagreed with me. Thats what goes down on forums. There's certainly no rules as to who you have to agree or disagree with.

Hope that clears that up.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think you'll find almost no one on this site tends to agree with me and they continue to post.

It's a debate, If i disagree with you, i will say i do, as i would expect you to say if you disagreed with me. Thats what goes down on forums. There's certainly no rules as to who you have to agree or disagree with.

Hope that clears that up.

I disagree with everything you said there.

Purely on principle, you understand.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

West Ham are now in talks with Anelka apparently.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Veteran keeper is staying in the Premier League after refusing a new deal with relegated Bolton that would have meant taking a pay-cut.

Jussi Jaaskelainen has agreed a two-year deal with old boss Sam Allardyce to join West Ham.

The veteran keeper has accepted terms after rejecting an offer to stay with current club Bolton on a reduced salary following their relegation to the Championship.

Allardyce picked Jaaskelainen ahead of Blackburn’s Paul Robinson as a replacement for England's Robert Green, whose contract ran out without an extension being agreed.

Bolton boss Owen Coyle is now looking for Jaaskelainen’s successor.

He will try to sign Leeds keeper Andy Lonergan to provide competition to his number one, Adam Bogdan.

Meanwhile, Coyle is giving defender Zat Knight an extra week to decide on a new contract before signing a replacement.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You've got to be joking. Pandering to Knight like he's our star player.

Rolling Eyes

Spillthebeans

Spillthebeans
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

he should be telling Knight to fuck off, never mind giving him extra week to ponder the offer

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

This sounds like we are very desperate for him to sign a new deal, which is worrying.

As STBeans says, tell the donkey to fuck off.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not trying to be contraversial but if we get Knight on a reduced salary it could be good business. We definitely need at least one CB with Wheater out and I think Knight/Ream would be fine in the Championship. Ideally it would be a younger player with the potential to play in the Prem but they don't grow on trees and the cost of finding and signing one could be greater than a season's salary. With Knight there would be no transfer fee and it would allow Ricketts to play at FB if needed.

Not ideal, but it could save the club a few million and Zat will definitely have something to prove so he shouldn't be short on motivation to get back to the decent form he showed at times.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

confirmed now that Jussi is no longer employed by Bolton he'll be playing football for "West Ham United" next season.

Bolton Wanderers can confirm that Jussi Jaaskelainen has agreed personal terms with West Ham United.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In the Daily Mail they write that Jussi has signed a one year deal ? I can't see him upping sticks just for twelve months.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum