Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lampard out of the Euros

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lampard out of the Euros Empty Lampard out of the Euros Thu May 31 2012, 21:34

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

....and replaced by Henderson! Mad

I wasn't expecting miracles with the squad in the first place but to lose Barry and Lampard has really fucked up our chances.

The 2 players replaced by Jagielka, who is a good centre back IMO but Henderson?....

Am I the only one who thinks Hodgson has picked one of the most over rated players in the league with Henderson.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/7789070/Lampard-out-of-Euros

2Lampard out of the Euros Empty Re: Lampard out of the Euros Thu May 31 2012, 21:38

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I couldn't give a shite about Barry or Lampard, personally. Neither would have been the first central midfielder I named.

I find it astonishing that no England manager has ever deemed Michael Carrick good enough to be a regular. He gets the considered simple but crucial jobs done that the likes of Lampard, Barry and Gerrard don't. He's been massive for United for five years, in my opinion.

3Lampard out of the Euros Empty Re: Lampard out of the Euros Thu May 31 2012, 21:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wasn't bothered about Barry at all, too slow for international football.

And while Lampard is great for Chelsea he has never done it for England so it's no great loss. I actually think these two withdrawals will improve the team.

4Lampard out of the Euros Empty Re: Lampard out of the Euros Thu May 31 2012, 21:41

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I have always been surprised Carrick has never won more caps, christ the guy must have a fair few medals and to play for United for a few years must make you a better midfielder than fucking Henderson.

Hodgson has picked too many liverpool players for my liking aswell.

5Lampard out of the Euros Empty Re: Lampard out of the Euros Thu May 31 2012, 21:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

He's well well well past his best.

Still 400x better than Henderson though.

6Lampard out of the Euros Empty Re: Lampard out of the Euros Thu May 31 2012, 22:18

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't rate Henderson as an international footballer, but any time any of the brats in the England set up (Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard - the old guard) is left out, I am left with a warm feeling. I can't wait until they all retire if I am honest.

It's immaterial which 22 or 11 players we send, we have no chance of winning the competition, even if everyone plays out of their skin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum