Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Good Performance....

+6
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
JAH
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Another Good Performance.... Empty Another Good Performance.... Sat Oct 17 2015, 17:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

...my arse.
Lennon says our performances have been good, the radio comms say the Burnley game was another good performance....WHAT PLANET ARE THESE PEOPLE ON?

I just can't see how an impotent attack with no end product and a defence that cracks under pressure - and sometimes when there is no pressure - can be construed as having put in a good performance.

Lennon has the good wishes of nearly all the fans and most of us would like to see a period of stability having changed managers and gone back to square one so frequently of late, but let's be honest - if it was Freedman he'd be gone.

I assume that's because Lennon's style gives the impression he knows what he's doing.

Personally, I get the impression he's stubborn and won't ring the changes even if we lose every game. Surely even he can see that the system and tactics are not working for this squad so he needs to change them? Wake up Neil - you're dreaming.

2Another Good Performance.... Empty Re: Another Good Performance.... Sat Oct 17 2015, 17:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Lennon says our performances have been good, the radio comms say the Burnley game was another good performance....WHAT PLANET ARE THESE PEOPLE ON?

A planet where they go to the games?

3Another Good Performance.... Empty Re: Another Good Performance.... Sat Oct 17 2015, 17:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The biggest difference between Lennon and Freedman - who I think it's fair to say is doing yet another underwhelming/poor/terrible job at Forest - is intent.

The fans can see that the squad is relegation material, but that Lennon is sending them out at least with the intention of winning the match, as opposed to playing "pass it round for the fun of it for 90 minutes and hope for the best".

Even if we are playing as bad as we were under Freedman (which we're not), I feel more satisfied knowing that we're doing the best we realistically can out of what we've got, which isn't very much.

4Another Good Performance.... Empty Re: Another Good Performance.... Sat Oct 17 2015, 17:30

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Funniest article! Especially from someone that didn't spend the money and go to the match!

5Another Good Performance.... Empty Re: Another Good Performance.... Sat Oct 17 2015, 17:35

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We actually played quite well, better side in the first half but we didn't  put the ball in the net. It was only a matter of time before burnley scored from that point

6Another Good Performance.... Empty Re: Another Good Performance.... Sat Oct 17 2015, 18:13

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

JAH wrote:Funniest article! Especially from someone that didn't spend the money and go to the match!
This is why this clown really pisses me off, he writes his post purely on conjecture, never been near a game all season yet knows better than radio and club manager.

7Another Good Performance.... Empty Re: Another Good Performance.... Sat Oct 17 2015, 18:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

everyone is entitled to an opinion whether they go to games or not. It sounded like we played ok in the first half but we were happy to just sit back and soak up pressure. Trouble is when the other team score we can't them change our own tactics because of the way the team was set out

8Another Good Performance.... Empty Re: Another Good Performance.... Sat Oct 17 2015, 18:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we could do with Eddie Hitler and his wrestler mum, Norpig. Very Happy

9Another Good Performance.... Empty Re: Another Good Performance.... Sat Oct 17 2015, 18:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:everyone is entitled to an opinion whether they go to games or not.

Yes, but you can't question someone who was at the game if you only heard radio snippets.

10Another Good Performance.... Empty Re: Another Good Performance.... Sat Oct 17 2015, 18:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck playing well, lets just roll up our sleaves, get some bottle and get off the bottom.

11Another Good Performance.... Empty Re: Another Good Performance.... Sat Oct 17 2015, 19:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Fuck playing well, lets just roll up our sleaves, get some bottle and get off the bottom.

The bumchums are unlikely to comply.

12Another Good Performance.... Empty Re: Another Good Performance.... Sat Oct 17 2015, 19:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Talk of NL bust up with gartside. Apparently set to stand down

13Another Good Performance.... Empty Re: Another Good Performance.... Sat Oct 17 2015, 19:18

So is everyone who doesn't go to a particular game not allowed to comment. Sure we have had this before which led to sluffys armchair fan article.

14Another Good Performance.... Empty Re: Another Good Performance.... Sat Oct 17 2015, 19:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope Gartside fucks off, can't stand the man.

15Another Good Performance.... Empty Re: Another Good Performance.... Sat Oct 17 2015, 19:24

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:So is everyone who doesn't go to a particular game not allowed to comment. Sure we have had this before which led to sluffys armchair fan article.
No but to say that the comms and Lennon are talking shite when your a radio listener is pushing the realms of realism.

16Another Good Performance.... Empty Re: Another Good Performance.... Sat Oct 17 2015, 19:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

as far as i know no one who has posted on this thread actually went to the game (if they did i stand corrected) so in that case there shouldn't even be a thread?

17Another Good Performance.... Empty Re: Another Good Performance.... Sat Oct 17 2015, 19:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

The original post was made by wanderlust. He was basically saying Lennon and the radio commentators were wrong in their opinion that Bolton played quite well.

Absolutely fine to disagree if you saw the game yourself. If you were sat in your armchair watching Bargain Hunt then you have no right to argue.

18Another Good Performance.... Empty Re: Another Good Performance.... Sat Oct 17 2015, 20:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't believe you watch Bargain Hunt Nat. :facepalm:

19Another Good Performance.... Empty Re: Another Good Performance.... Sat Oct 17 2015, 20:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Can't believe you watch Bargain Hunt Nat. :facepalm:

I record it each day and watch it eating my tea in the evening.

True story.

20Another Good Performance.... Empty Re: Another Good Performance.... Sun Oct 18 2015, 13:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You want me to explain how I get my matchday info yet again? 

Has anyone actually got a comment on the subject which (in case you were distracted by the petty bullshit) is the disparity between the media output and the outcome of our performances as reflected in our results and league position?

Or do you all think it's OK to describe every loss as a good performance?

Or do the little Hitlers not allow you to say what you think?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum