Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Lennon Thought - Burnley

+5
scottjames30
rammywhite
Bollotom2014
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Lennon Thought - Burnley Empty What Lennon Thought - Burnley Sat Oct 17 2015, 20:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon says his side must take the positives from the performance against Burnley.

Despite slipping to a 2-0 defeat at Turf Moor, Bolton more than matched their Lancashire neighbours.

In the end the game was won by Andre Gray, who twice finished from close range in the second half to secure the points for the hosts.

“I thought we played well,” the manager said in his post-match press conference. “I didn’t feel we were out of the game at any stage.

“For me, the difference was a £7million striker in Andre Gray. He scored the two goals.

“I thought we were the better team in the first half. I didn’t think we played like a team that are bottom of the league. 

“Over the piece I thought our two full-backs played very well, particularly Jose Casado on the left side. 

“At 1-0 we created a very good chance from one of Jose’s crosses, and if that goes in then it completely changes the psychology of the game. 

“We were playing very well when Jay Spearing suffered an injury. It didn’t disrupt our formation, but we lost a very good player. If he’d have stayed on the pitch we may have got something out of the game.

“In terms of our performance, I can’t go criticizing the players. I know we’re now bottom of the league, but what we now face is a real challenge to get ourselves into a respectable position.

“It goes without saying, I don’t like being down there because it’s not something I’m used to.

“We’ve got two home games coming up. If we’re able to register a couple of wins that can soon change the entire landscape and really lift the mood. That has to be the target.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Oct 17 2015, 22:25; edited 1 time in total

2What Lennon Thought - Burnley Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Burnley Sat Oct 17 2015, 20:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Neil Lennon says his side must take the positives from the performance against Burnley.

Fuck off Lennon you utter bellend.

3What Lennon Thought - Burnley Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Burnley Sat Oct 17 2015, 20:19

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bolton had 14 shots, 7 on target and still couldn't put one away. We're entering the parlous stage of the season where it's becoming important just to stay in this division. I would have thought Eddie would have taken a gamble to get us to push for promotion being as there's a crock of gold at the top div. We seem to be heading for a crock of doodies.

4What Lennon Thought - Burnley Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Burnley Sat Oct 17 2015, 20:19

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I wouldn't be a strong as Nat in criticising Lennon- but I think things are coming to a head.
If we don't pick up at least 4 points from the next two games (both at home) then he will probably wonder whether its worth it. We've been in or around the bottom three all season, with no signs that we have much of a clue about what to do about it.
Perhaps for him, enough is enough. It is for me.

5What Lennon Thought - Burnley Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Burnley Sat Oct 17 2015, 20:29

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When we get relegated, Lennon will say we played well all season.

6What Lennon Thought - Burnley Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Burnley Sat Oct 17 2015, 22:45

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If they back him with a half-decent striker, I'm of the opinion that he can drag us out of this mess and to safety. Realistically though, it's always going to be somewhat of a scrap for survival for us until they can overhaul much of this squad. Apart from 3 or 4 players, it seems we aren't anywhere near a comfortable season, let alone pushing for the play-offs.

If he can keep us up this season, I think he will shake hands and walk away before he tarnishes his reputation any further, knowing full well that this board can't back him with any financial support.

Failure to bring a striker in next week and I think we could be done for.

7What Lennon Thought - Burnley Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Burnley Sun Oct 18 2015, 13:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:If they back him with a half-decent striker, I'm of the opinion that he can drag us out of this mess and to safety. Realistically though, it's always going to be somewhat of a scrap for survival for us until they can overhaul much of this squad. Apart from 3 or 4 players, it seems we aren't anywhere near a comfortable season, let alone pushing for the play-offs.

If he can keep us up this season, I think he will shake hands and walk away before he tarnishes his reputation any further, knowing full well that this board can't back him with any financial support.

Failure to bring a striker in next week and I think we could be done for.
We have Samazideh and others who he won't give a chance to. Quite prepared to pay for Heskey and Madine etc whilst scouring the market for another has-been though.

8What Lennon Thought - Burnley Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Burnley Sun Oct 18 2015, 13:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Christ a touch of the sammy lees

9What Lennon Thought - Burnley Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Burnley Sun Oct 18 2015, 13:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There were some positives. We didn't lose by a cricket score for starters.

10What Lennon Thought - Burnley Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Burnley Sun Oct 18 2015, 13:50

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:There were some positives. We didn't lose by a cricket score for starters.

Wouldn't really matter, Lusty. Lose 2-0 or 300-0 we still lose the 3 points and we really need to start winning if we are to escape the inevitable. I'd hate to be going on a cup run if it's the Johnsons(Sp) Paint Trophy.

11What Lennon Thought - Burnley Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Burnley Sun Oct 18 2015, 14:33

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The most relevant point he makes is about Andre Grey. For £7m you can get players that make something happen out of nothing. And of course we've got Gary Madine and Emile Heskey. Tactics aren't a big factor at all compared to this.
The only star quality Lennon's got to work with are Clough, Clayton and Davies and they're always injured.

12What Lennon Thought - Burnley Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Burnley Sun Oct 18 2015, 14:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:The most relevant point he makes is about Andre Grey. For £7m you can get players that make something happen out of nothing. And of course we've got Gary Madine and Emile Heskey. Tactics aren't a big factor at all compared to this.
The only star quality Lennon's got to work with are Clough, Clayton and Davies and they're always injured.

Poor excuse. Whatever league you are in there will always be teams that can splash the cash.

When I was playing for Penwortham Girls School at under 15 level a rival school tried to poach me for £10k and a years supply of Twirls. No one else could compete with that.

We are underperforming and underachieving, the manager is proving himself totally out of his depth.

13What Lennon Thought - Burnley Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Burnley Sun Oct 18 2015, 14:48

doffcocker wrote:The most relevant point he makes is about Andre Grey. For £7m you can get players that make something happen out of nothing. And of course we've got Gary Madine and Emile Heskey. Tactics aren't a big factor at all compared to this.

We know Gray's their biggest threat and his biggest asset is his pace, so why play Dervite and Wheater up against him? 

Maybe he was hoping that with Prince there he'd cover Gray's running, but with Arfield floating about he's got enough to deal with.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum