Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sam Allardyce says Wanderers must avoid relegation or they may never return to Premier League

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sam Allardyce believes that Wanderers may never return to top flight football if they suffer relegation this season.

The former Whites boss, speaking to the BBC at the launch of his autobiography, questioned whether the “financial crisis” at the Macron Stadium could see them sink to the lower divisions indefinitely if Neil Lennon fails to arrest the slide soon.

“They have certainly got to avoid relegation this season because if they can’t, I think there would be a huge question about whether they could get back to compete where they want to be, and that’s the Premier League,” he said.

Asked whether he thought Wanderers could escape the bottom three without investing in more players, Allardyce also had doubts.

“Their record would tell you ‘no’ unless they bring in some players, probably loans, because the financial side of the club is in crisis, we all know that,” he said.

“Neil has to work with the tools he has got, so the next couple of players he gets in have to make a massive difference.

“They need to be good enough to turn around the problem they are in.

“There is a depression that lies over the club that Neil has to try and lift, particularly in the players, to get more out of them.

“It’s a difficult situation, they don’t have any money, but it’s his job to get the best out of them and make sure they don’t get relegated this year.”

Allardyce reckons Wanderers now need a ‘win at all costs’ mentality – and has urged Lennon to set the example in what is looking like a survival fight.

“However he does it, he needs to win football matches,” he said. “[What] we are all judged [on], whether have money or not, loan players or free transfers, is results. I’m sure Neil knows this himself – his job is to make sure these players get results in their near future.

“He has to deal with the difficulties but he has to stay the liveliest and the bubbliest.”

Source

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Sam will come back and save us.

I think he's enjoying seeing Gartside's demise.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Look at the carpark they sold off, something the fans would use for years upon years to come.

Cheers Phil.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bet Gartside will be the first to buy Sam's book.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe he has a striker they can loan to us

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Maybe he has a striker they can loan to us
Good thinking that!

Come on Big Sam, help us out! :pray: