Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Tim Sherwood Sympathy Thread

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Tim Sherwood Sympathy Thread Empty The Tim Sherwood Sympathy Thread Sun Oct 25 2015, 13:40

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Obviously it's sad to see any manager lose his job and get a huge pay-off.
But with Tim Sherwood, there's something quite pleasing about it.

I just hope he's not seen as a credible replacement for Lennon should he walk out any time soon.

2The Tim Sherwood Sympathy Thread Empty Re: The Tim Sherwood Sympathy Thread Sun Oct 25 2015, 13:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like he will be on Al-Jazeera a bit more often now. Very Happy

3The Tim Sherwood Sympathy Thread Empty Re: The Tim Sherwood Sympathy Thread Sun Oct 25 2015, 14:05

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Another British manager gone.

4The Tim Sherwood Sympathy Thread Empty Re: The Tim Sherwood Sympathy Thread Sun Oct 25 2015, 14:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

his win record is second to none at Spurs.

5The Tim Sherwood Sympathy Thread Empty Re: The Tim Sherwood Sympathy Thread Mon Oct 26 2015, 19:13

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Funny one about Tim Sherwood. He was so highly rated as a coach/manager even before he had even managed a club. He had a brief spell at Spurs as manager and looked very unconvincing to me, but clubs like WBA and Villa were desperate to get him despite his inexperience.

However, I think Villa have made a mistake. I think Villa are like Bolton with Lennon, there is nothing wrong with the manager, just both clubs don't have the players to compete. Villa had a crap team as it was and sold their best two players - Benteke and Delph. They also lost Vlaar. Sherwood had to rebuild a team with the proceeds. I don't think he did a bad job, but getting a whole new team to gel is going to take time. I really believe that Villa should have given Sherwood time, all managers can have a spell of bad results, it doesn't mean sack them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum