Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Town Centre

+3
Natasha Whittam
Banks of the Croal
doffcocker
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton Town Centre  Empty Bolton Town Centre Wed Oct 28 2015, 16:54

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Anybody that's been shopping in Bolton lately knows that it looks more like war torn Eastern Europe than how it looked ten-fifteen years ago. Empty, burnt out, windowless buildings, fights breaking out every five minutes between people with more eyes than teeth. And of course no fucker speaks English.
A bloke I worked with in his 50s from Bury told me that Bolton was the place to be when he was in his 20s, day and night.
Well, I had to be in Bury centre today for an interview and it has to be said that the shoe is definitely now on the other foot. Bury town centre absolutely oozes class compared to our shithole.

Having said that, they spent a lot of money on their town centre a few years ago and obviously the same is now happening in Bolton. Apparently we're getting a new bus station, a cinema and a Nando's.

So are things on the up?

2Bolton Town Centre  Empty Re: Bolton Town Centre Wed Oct 28 2015, 17:48

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Looks ok on this Video  Smile

3Bolton Town Centre  Empty Re: Bolton Town Centre Wed Oct 28 2015, 18:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Haven't been to Bolton in 10 years or so. It was a ghost town then so fuck knows how bad it is now.

I can't believe anyone goes shopping in Bolton when they could go to the Trafford Centre, Preston or even Chorley.

4Bolton Town Centre  Empty Re: Bolton Town Centre Wed Oct 28 2015, 19:05

Went down hill as soon as they closed stolen from ivor. There was a very handsome 17 year old lad with blonde curtains who worked there. He is now a boring forum fight starter

5Bolton Town Centre  Empty Re: Bolton Town Centre Wed Oct 28 2015, 19:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

6Bolton Town Centre  Empty Re: Bolton Town Centre Wed Oct 28 2015, 22:33

Plus there was also a very fit blonde lady with dreadlocks who worked there at onepoint which ws worth going in x-records for

7Bolton Town Centre  Empty Re: Bolton Town Centre Mon Nov 02 2015, 18:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Went down hill as soon as they closed stolen from ivor. There was a very handsome 17 year old lad with blonde curtains who worked there. He is now a boring forum fight starter

Remember it well. I bought quite a few togs in there in my younger days. Opposite Prestons of Bolton iirc. The owner Ivor Hazan opened his first store in 1965.

8Bolton Town Centre  Empty Re: Bolton Town Centre Mon Nov 02 2015, 18:40

Reebok Trotter wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Went down hill as soon as they closed stolen from ivor. There was a very handsome 17 year old lad with blonde curtains who worked there. He is now a boring forum fight starter

Remember it well. I bought quite a few togs in there in my younger days. Opposite Prestons of Bolton iirc. The owner Ivor Hazan opened his first store in 1965.

The first and original is in Stockport and still open. Best job i had there. Loved it.

9Bolton Town Centre  Empty Re: Bolton Town Centre Mon Nov 02 2015, 20:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Anybody that's been shopping in Bolton lately knows that it looks more like war torn Eastern Europe than how it looked ten-fifteen years ago. Empty, burnt out, windowless buildings, fights breaking out every five minutes between people with more eyes than teeth. And of course no fucker speaks English.
A bloke I worked with in his 50s from Bury told me that Bolton was the place to be when he was in his 20s, day and night.
Well, I had to be in Bury centre today for an interview and it has to be said that the shoe is definitely now on the other foot. Bury town centre absolutely oozes class compared to our shithole.

Having said that, they spent a lot of money on their town centre a few years ago and obviously the same is now happening in Bolton. Apparently we're getting a new bus station, a cinema and a Nando's.

So are things on the up?

It's come to something when I find myself looking forward to going to Spain for a holiday to get away from all the foreigners.

10Bolton Town Centre  Empty Re: Bolton Town Centre Mon Nov 02 2015, 20:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Although I do most of my shopping online, I usually jump in a train to Manc as its much nicer.

They have some great pubs and bars and many choices for some really good food and Bolton just doesn't have any of this.

It has become a dump where the council have pushed small businesses out due to the extortionate rates that they want and the place is full of dicks when out for a drink with a ton of pound shops and betting shops thrown in for good measure.

The new cinema and vaults complex at the market hall is long over due and I feel it is too late in that respect plus they have decided to stick your standard restaurant chain such as bloody nandos in.

How very appealing!

11Bolton Town Centre  Empty Re: Bolton Town Centre Mon Nov 02 2015, 21:10

karlypants wrote:Although I do most of my shopping online, I usually jump in a train to Manc as its much nicer.

They have some great pubs and bars and many choices for some really good food and Bolton just doesn't have any of this.

It has become a dump where the council have pushed small businesses out due to the extortionate rates that they want and the place is full of dicks when out for a drink with a ton of pound shops and betting shops thrown in for good measure.

The new cinema and vaults complex at the market hall is long over due and I feel it is too late in that respect plus they have decided to stick your standard restaurant chain such as bloody nandos in.

How very appealing!

Should of got a five guys Wink

12Bolton Town Centre  Empty Re: Bolton Town Centre Mon Nov 02 2015, 21:23

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:Although I do most of my shopping online, I usually jump in a train to Manc as its much nicer.

How very appealing!

Just a shame the rates are not set by Bolton Council but by Whitehall, otherwise you would have been 100% correct!!

Bolton only collect the rates n behalf of Whitehall and can keep up to 30% of what they collect, and the rest goes back to Whitehall.

13Bolton Town Centre  Empty Re: Bolton Town Centre Mon Nov 02 2015, 21:24

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Anybody that's been shopping in Bolton lately knows that it looks more like war torn Eastern Europe than how it looked ten-fifteen years ago. Empty, burnt out, windowless buildings, fights breaking out every five minutes between people with more eyes than teeth. And of course no fucker speaks English.

So are things on the up?

It's come to something when I find myself looking forward to going to Spain for a holiday to get away from all the foreigners.

You'll be surrounded by almost 2 million migrants - BRITISH! - more effectionately known as ex-pats!

14Bolton Town Centre  Empty Re: Bolton Town Centre Mon Nov 02 2015, 21:25

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

The first and original is in Stockport and still open. Best job i had there. Loved it.

I heard that had closed earlier this year, when the owner retired.

EDIT:  In fact it closed in January of this year....

Do a google search for Stolen from Ivor, Stockport and look up the Manchester Evening News report.

15Bolton Town Centre  Empty Re: Bolton Town Centre Mon Nov 02 2015, 23:33

bwfc71 wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

I heard that had closed earlier this year, when the owner retired.

EDIT:  In fact it closed in January of this year....

Do a google search for Stolen from Ivor, Stockport and look up the Manchester Evening News report.

Still open. Was going to close but hasnt. Check the latest report Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum