Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lennon claims: Keep calm, and the goals will come

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon admits he’s sick to death of telling his players to calm down in front of goal.

Wanderers drew their ninth blank of the season at Preston North End on Saturday night, with the manager pin-pointing a lack of composure in the final third as they reason they didn’t leave Deepdale with three points.

While a draw – and a fourth clean sheet – lifted them off the foot of the table, Lennon remained frustrated at the Whites’ lack of potency.

“It was all too frantic at times,” he said. “With a bit more composure it would have been different but then I’ve been saying that for a while. That is the main difference between us being in the top 10 and in the bottom three.

“We were rushing things, getting into good positions but the final ball or crossing was poor.

“We had two free kicks central to the goal and failed to work the goalkeeper – that has to improve. We work so hard to get ourselves in that position.

“Overall I’m pleased because I don’t think we’re that far away – but I have been saying that for a long, long time. It’s ad nauseam stuff.”

Wanderers go to Ipswich Town tomorrow night, with the Tractor Boys themselves on a seven-game streak without victory.

Mick McCarthy’s side drew 0-0 with Cardiff City and have slipped down the table after an encouraging start.

Lennon remains confident his side’s luck in front of goal can change.

“I thought we were the better side in the second half (against Preston), looked comfortable and it’s only a very good save from Jordan Pickford that stopped us scoring,” he said. “Gary Madine was very unlucky with that.

“I actually thought overall we played better at Burnley and lost that game. If we can replicate that performance at Ipswich we’ll be fine, because we have been half-decent.

“There’s 30-odd games to go. Individual errors have cost us in some games but there were none here.

“Concentration levels were good and the intensity was good, they just needed to be a bit better on the ball in the second half and they were.”

Wanderers will run checks on Jay Spearing and Liam Feeney, who both reported knocks after the Preston game. Mark Davies is expected to be fit after failing to make the squad on Saturday night.

Source

DecoBWFC

David Ngog
David Ngog

Ipswich 7 games without a win....
We are doomed so

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DecoBWFC wrote:Ipswich 7 games without a win....
We are doomed so

Indeed. If you're on a shit run who do you want to see pulling into your car park?

BWFC every time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum