Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Accounting Geniuses

+9
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
karlypants
Bwfc1958
Chairmanda
wanderlust
JAH
scottjames30
observer
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Accounting Geniuses - Page 2 Empty Re: Accounting Geniuses Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:47 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Breadman wrote:I think the salient point to be taken from that piece is that ED doesn't own Bolton.

He's just a front.

And all this talk of how he's invested his own kekkle (Bolton spelling) money is clearly bollocks.

So I'm taking it as one on the eye for the prick I've been arguing with on the BN forum for weeks who thinks that we should be erecting a bronze statue to the man and renaming Bolton Daviestown for the way he's happy to write off "£180 million of his own money" and thus safeguard the club's future.

So I feel vindicated.

And ace.
Yeah but...

If it's not his money, how can he say he's writing the loan off?

Would it work if I say I'm writing off the HMRC bill?

You know my position on this already.

There is no £180 million debt - it's a made up figure that they've come up with through amortisation and writing money off against god only knows what.

If the "money" has been approved in the accounts whether it's from amortisation, depreciation, goodwill, reduction in reserves or any other standard accounting function it's as real as any other. And unless we go back to the Gold Standard it's as real as the promissory notes we call cash.

But yeah I get your point D, however I'll be surprised if the truth comes out before the mists have cleared.
Feeling a bit deflated now after the recent rush of info. I might go and pray for a while.

22Accounting Geniuses - Page 2 Empty Re: Accounting Geniuses Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:50 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The club shouldn't be allowed to go into administration. What about all those small businesses that BWFC owe money to that will all but disappear when they go into Administration.

Shameful. People should take responsibility for their debts.

23Accounting Geniuses - Page 2 Empty Re: Accounting Geniuses Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:38 pm

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Breadman wrote:I think the salient point to be taken from that piece is that ED doesn't own Bolton.

He's just a front.

And all this talk of how he's invested his own kekkle (Bolton spelling) money is clearly bollocks.

So I'm taking it as one on the eye for the prick I've been arguing with on the BN forum for weeks who thinks that we should be erecting a bronze statue to the man and renaming Bolton Daviestown for the way he's happy to write off "£180 million of his own money" and thus safeguard the club's future.

So I feel vindicated.

And ace.
Yeah but...

If it's not his money, how can he say he's writing the loan off?

Would it work if I say I'm writing off the HMRC bill?

You know my position on this already.

There is no £180 million debt - it's a made up figure that they've come up with through amortisation and writing money off against god only knows what.

(I can hear Rammy slamming his head into his desk at this point.)

I'm not saying Moonshift haven't put anything into the club but I do think they've had it back in spades (during the Sky TV years) and now that they're squarely responsible for funding the day to day running of the club, the wheels have come off.

Whoever's in charge of the South American drug cartel behind Davies has said "Oi, Gringo! No mas dinero!"

So the club's up for sale.

Because those Colombians don't mess about.

Has anybody seen Gartside recently....?

Nah, thought not.

He's in a shallow grave somewhere just outside Medellin because he "displeased" the Big men.

Bredders, I'm not getting involved as I don't have a clue what's going on behind the scenes. But things like depreciation and amortisation and asset write downs simply don't create money in any way shape or form.

Debt is debt. But I'm not going to join the speculation as there is no real information coming from the club at the minute probably (hopefully) due to due diligence investigations taking place.
Carry on boys- the guesses and stories on here are worthy of Hans Christian Andersen.

24Accounting Geniuses - Page 2 Empty Re: Accounting Geniuses Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:45 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Brothers Grimm more like.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum