Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Matt Mills - Nixon

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Matt Mills - Nixon Empty Matt Mills - Nixon Wed Jun 06 2012, 15:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm a bit slow getting around to this story - it's already been mentioned much, much earlier in the Transfer Rumour thread but seeing there might be some legs to it I post the article from him in full here -

Bolton boss Owen Coyle has targeted Leicester’s transfer-listed centre-half Matt Mills – as he faces up to losing Zat Knight.

Coyle is shocked that Knight has refused to commit to the Trotters having initially saying he wanted to stay at the Reebok, which resulted in a new contract offer.

Knight, 32, could now leave on a free – with Premier League new boys West Ham leading the interested parties.

And Coyle will now step up his interest in Mills, who is available after a bust-up with Foxes manager Nigel Pearson.

Mills is already in talks with Celtic about a swap deal that would see fellow defender Kelvin Wilson go to Leicester in exchange.

The 25-year-old moved to the Foxes for £4.5million from Reading last year, but he could now leave the club for a bargain fee.

Coyle will open discussions about Mills shortly.

He would be a straight replacement for Knight, but Bolton still need a second centre-half to boost their squad for a strong Championship promotion push.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sluffy on Wed Jun 06 2012, 15:16; edited 1 time in total

2Matt Mills - Nixon Empty Re: Matt Mills - Nixon Wed Jun 06 2012, 15:15

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

There appears to be issues with Mills though.. Stripped of the captaincy and dumped down the pecking order..

Sounds more like personal problems than footballing ability, in which case doesn't sound like the type Coyle would go for...?

Bet the transfer & wages would be quite a bit too..

3Matt Mills - Nixon Empty Re: Matt Mills - Nixon Wed Jun 06 2012, 16:52

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Mallorca Trotter wrote:There appears to be issues with Mills though.. Stripped of the captaincy and dumped down the pecking order..

Sounds more like personal problems than footballing ability, in which case doesn't sound like the type Coyle would go for...?

Au contraire, mon frère. I suspect we would be able to sign him for approximately £1 million and at lower wages than Zatyiah would have wanted. His not playing for Leicester was as a result of an issue with the Manager, not ability. OC's reputation as every players' friend would probably help, plus I imagine Mills would play out of his skin when we meet Leicester - which must be a good thing.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

4Matt Mills - Nixon Empty Re: Matt Mills - Nixon Wed Jun 06 2012, 16:59

Keegan wrote:Au contraire, mon frère. I suspect we would be able to sign him for approximately £1 million and at lower wages than Zatyiah would have wanted. His not playing for Leicester was as a result of an issue with the Manager, not ability. OC's reputation as every players' friend would probably help, plus I imagine Mills would play out of his skin when we meet Leicester - which must be a good thing.

Well at least we would get two games a season when he plays out of his skin. Would be an improvement on Zat Knight.

5Matt Mills - Nixon Empty Re: Matt Mills - Nixon Wed Jun 06 2012, 18:24

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

Keegan wrote:
Mallorca Trotter wrote:There appears to be issues with Mills though.. Stripped of the captaincy and dumped down the pecking order..

Au contraire, mon frère. I suspect we would be able to sign him for approximately £1 million and at lower wages than Zatyiah would have wanted. His not playing for Leicester was as a result of an issue with the Manager, not ability. OC's reputation as every players' friend would probably help, plus I imagine Mills would play out of his skin when we meet Leicester - which must be a good thing.

So.........

What you're saying is Leicester are going to forget about £3.5m after 12 months and let a defender go, NOT because of ability, but because he has issues with the manager..

And the player who left Reading for Leicester for £4.5m, isn't on a decent contract, even though Leicester had the biggest budget 12 months ago, and paid the best wages....

Yes... Course it will happen. No question.

Silly me.

6Matt Mills - Nixon Empty Re: Matt Mills - Nixon Wed Jun 06 2012, 21:17

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Come now, MT. Player prices are not only based on previous value. Form, unfortunate tendencies (red cards), disruptive influence etc. all play a part. The fact that Leicester had the biggest budget last season means that they could well have paid over the odds for Mills - but that does not mean that he would have been paid a Premiership wage as Zatyiah was. If a team wants to get shut of a player, they will do exactly that - and recovering the initial cost is not as important as getting a team together that will get promoted.

7Matt Mills - Nixon Empty Re: Matt Mills - Nixon Wed Jun 06 2012, 21:37

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Keegan has a point MT.

That rat bag Barton leaving Newcastle on a free is an example. You can't tell me he wasn't worth a good few million.

8Matt Mills - Nixon Empty Re: Matt Mills - Nixon Wed Jun 06 2012, 21:42

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

The proof will come in the summer...

He won't move for a million quid.

Barton is a bad example.. QPR would love to release him for nothing now... He was under contract at Newcastle but on good wages... They had a long term plan without him & it's succeeded... Did Barton cost £4.5m..? Newcastle had just achieved Prem status, they could gamble...

Leicester know they have a good defender... The men in suits who deal with the coin will not take a £3.5m hit in 12 months... Especially when they've probably not paid put the full transfer fee to Reading yet!

We can argue all night.. Mills will not move for £1m.. End of.

Bookmark the page!

9Matt Mills - Nixon Empty Re: Matt Mills - Nixon Wed Jun 06 2012, 21:44

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I did say "I suspect...". No point in arguing about pure speculation - no matter how much fun it is. My line of reasoning is not as improbable as you'd like to make out, however.

EOF

10Matt Mills - Nixon Empty Re: Matt Mills - Nixon Wed Jun 06 2012, 21:45

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

PS: if mills doesn't ask for a transfer, they pay his contract up..,

Say it's 3 years at £20k a week.. £3m + £4.5m is £7.5m....

Are they gonna take a £6.5m hit.....

THEN they replace him..... Come on, finances are more complex then saying bye bye...

11Matt Mills - Nixon Empty Re: Matt Mills - Nixon Wed Jun 06 2012, 21:46

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's just a discussion, MT. You don't get a certificate for being right. If he moves for £3m I will post something saying 'MT has a small willy and is 55 years old', that will be the validation you seek.

12Matt Mills - Nixon Empty Re: Matt Mills - Nixon Wed Jun 06 2012, 21:46

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

Keegan wrote:I did say "I suspect...". No point in arguing about pure speculation - no matter how much fun it is. My line of reasoning is not as improbable as you'd like to make out, however.

EOF

Sorry, you just sounded confident when you started speaking Welsh..

13Matt Mills - Nixon Empty Re: Matt Mills - Nixon Wed Jun 06 2012, 21:48

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

largehat wrote:It's just a discussion, MT. You don't get a certificate for being right. If he moves for £3m I will post something saying 'MT has a small willy and is 55 years old', that will be the validation you seek.

I said bookmark the page... That was for you not me...

Easy come easy go for me...

Just debating...

14Matt Mills - Nixon Empty Re: Matt Mills - Nixon Wed Jun 06 2012, 21:48

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

Ps - I'm 38

Fuck off!

15Matt Mills - Nixon Empty Re: Matt Mills - Nixon Wed Jun 06 2012, 21:54

Keegan

Keegan