Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hoofball - is it the route to survival?

+6
Norpig
Copper Dragon
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last night Lennon had to make a choice between bringing on Madine and going 442 or bringing on Holding and he chose the former. TBF Madine and Ameobi caused Brentford a few problems and when Dervite and Wheater joined them for corners we had a very physical presence up front during what turned out to be our best period of the game.

Having nancied about trying to get this lot to play attractive passing football all season and having failed miserably, isn't there a case for change?

This squad doesn't have the talent to compete playing fancy footie so why not bring on the big boys and try to batter teams into submission? 

Would a front 3 of Heskey, Ameobi and Madine get any joy? Surely there's nothing to lose? Worst case scenario is we'd at least give the opposition something to worry about.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Last night Lennon had to make a choice between bringing on Madine and going 442 or bringing on Holding and he chose the former. TBF Madine and Ameobi caused Brentford a few problems and when Dervite and Wheater joined them for corners we had a very physical presence up front during what turned out to be our best period of the game.

Having nancied about trying to get this lot to play attractive passing football all season and having failed miserably, isn't there a case for change?

This squad doesn't have the talent to compete playing fancy footie so why not bring on the big boys and try to batter teams into submission? 

Would a front 3 of Heskey, Ameobi and Madine get any joy? Surely there's nothing to lose? Worst case scenario is we'd at least give the opposition something to worry about.

We've played hoofball virtually all season and we're shit at it.

Heskey and Madine for all their "strength" are both shit in the air.

And we've been putting defenders in the opposition box every week for years now, but Gudni Bergsson apart, they couldn't hit a barn door from a yard out.

No, the worst case scenario if we go all gung-ho and start every game with the three you mention on the pitch is we get (even more) over-run in midfield and concede even more goals as a direct result because our defence looks shaky as it is, so with even less protection in front of them it will be chaos.

And the games we are currently drawing become losses.

Thus making our situation even worse than it is now.

Sorry.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Draws wont save us.

To be honest I'm expecting a 12 point penalty for going into administration soon, so may as well go out with a bang.

Go for the wins, at least give the crowds something to cheer.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You two make me want to slit my wrists.

Boggersbelief wrote:You two make me want to slit my wrists.

Why?

You keep telling us that a deal is imminent so you obviously know more than Trevor Birch does, so why are you worried?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:You two make me want to slit my wrists.

Why?

You keep telling us that a deal is imminent so you obviously know more than Trevor Birch does, so why are you worried?

Oh I'm not worried in the slightest. I'm just tired of reading negative crap that could not be more wrong

Go on then, why's Birch saying we're nowhere near concluding a sale if that's not the case?

(I know you've got nothing but I'm interested to see how far you will go with this.)

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not quite sure birch said we were "nowhere near a deal". But that suits your agenda so carry on

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I doubt publically using a phrase such as "The club’s position is increasingly perilous and new investment is needed quickly" puts us in a strong bargaining position with any potential investor (even in the event we have one close to concluding a deal).

I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to reply.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to reply.

Nor am I, get back to putting a negative spin on everything.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
Nor am I, get back to putting a negative spin on everything.

You can't put 'negative spin' on this because it's completely negative without any spin.

Wake up you lunatic, you're in the shit and folk are pissed off and naturally negative.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tossers everywhere

Madine and Ameobi are too immobile to play lone striker. Both of them together was a slight improvement for me, at least the players were getting the ball into them in the box. I'd stick with it for the moment, particularly after Clayton's injury.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i don't care how we play at this stage i just want to see us win games and stay up. We did look more dangerous in the second half when we went route one though

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

When did we stop playing hoofball exactly?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Get Stellios, Campo, Jay Jay, Hunt and afew more of the old fellas back, we're in the shit and need you boys.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Tactics and selection won't matter. Attitude will. Sadly I didn't see much in the way of real fight in the team or the manager but given the fact they haven't been paid and don't know if they'll have jobs at all in the new year it's difficult at best to really blame them. Until the off field situation is resolved I suspect we're going to stay rooted to the bottom of the table whether we enter administration or not.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1) I'm talking 3 big lads up front in a 433 - not 2. Play Heskey, Ameobi and Madine in a narrow 3 and bully defences into submission.
2) I believe you Boggers! You've been right all along with this one so far.
3) Birch made that statement to gee up the bidders IMO. And that tactic seems to have worked.
4) Thought the attitude was fine last week. They conceded a quality goal to a Chelski starlet but despite that they worked hard for the manager. It was the lack of quality that let us down. Hence the desperate tactics with limited resources.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Tactics and selection won't matter. Attitude will. Sadly I didn't see much in the way of real fight in the team or the manager but given the fact they haven't been paid and don't know if they'll have jobs at all in the new year it's difficult at best to really blame them. Until the off field situation is resolved I suspect we're going to stay rooted to the bottom of the table whether we enter administration or not.
its at times like this that we need at least one person to step up to the plate. Apart from promises, and fits and starts, we don't seem to have anyone who can take a game by the scruff of the neck and go for it.
Purple patches seem fairly insipid, and we now have a definite lack of ambition all over the field. Strangely enough,, we still manage to string some good moves together, indicating more a confidence problem than anything else.
 I feel that the instruction to 'shoot on sight' would be more beneficial for the team, at this time, rather than fancy footwork and pinging it about, (which we are pretty crap at most of the time).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum