Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deano and Stelios "fail to meet the criteria"

+6
karlypants
Soul Kitchen
FullofSprite
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
wanderlust
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's good to see you back Peter!

Hope you are well. Smile

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Not bad thanks karly. Just think the club is in the loo and it's been coming for a very long time.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Good morning all. It's been a while.

It certainly has mate!

Great to see you back - hope you are in good health.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thanks sluffy. Not bad thanks. Just wish the club wasn't so far down the loo.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Any investor who isn't a money to burn type will want to see a return. Therefore the club will not be sold. It's impossible to make money at this club.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote: It's impossible to make money at this club.

Utter rubbish. Plenty of clubs make a profit. They're just better run.

It's impossible to make a profit with the current model. If we're losing a million a month on running costs we literally need to scrap it and start again.

Dark days.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It truly is an absolute crock of shit. The Chinese have just bought 13% ( shares ) of Man City for £265 million. Has Trevor thought of tapping into the Chinese market?

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:It truly is an absolute crock of shit. The Chinese have just bought 13% ( shares ) of Man City for £265 million. Has Trevor thought of tapping into the Chinese market?

That's a real sickener seeing how much money they've put into already mega-rich City.

I don't remember us ever having had a Chinese player in the past who could have been used as a link in that direction.

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Thanks sluffy. Not bad thanks. Just wish the club wasn't so far down the loo.
Welcome back LPP

I don't think we will make it to xmas.  i'd be very surprised if we did without a new "investor"

Even if i won a 10xrollover on the euros for £250 million, the way the club is pissing money you'd be throwing it down the drain!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boxer Amir Khan confirms his backing for Sport Shield consortium in Bolton Wanderers takeover bid

Amir Khan has confirmed his involvement with Dean Holdsworth’s Sports Shield consortium.

The Bolton boxer, a two-time former world champion, had already agreed to stage future fights at the Macron Stadium as part of the bid.

But the 28-year-old has now revealed he will also be financially tied to Sports Shield as an investor as they look to secure a deal for the cash-strapped club.

“I'm prepared to put some money into the consortium and Dean Holdsworth is also prepared to put some money in,” he said in the Daily Mirror.

“The consortium are holding talks and hopefully a deal can be done.

“The wage bill has come down and the club's future could be bright if a deal can be done.”

Sports Shield, led by former striker Holdsworth, have made little secret of their ambition to buy Wanderers.

A statement released yesterday from Trevor Birch seemed to cast doubt on the suitability of their bid, however, along with those of other interested parties.

It has been claimed that the club could go into administration by the end of the week if a buyer is not found.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think Amir and Dean perhaps may not realise just how much money would have to go into running the club AFTER a takeover. I also wouldn't be surprised if Trevr Birch is a little gun-shy about bids after his dealings with Ken Bates at Leeds and Peter Ridsdale at Cardiff. He's probably painfully aware that both initially appeared to promise much and wound up being disasters. Just look at Leeds now, they STILL don't have a stable owner or any real probability of getting one no matter what the Supporters Trust might be saying. And Cardiff, well, everyone can see how well Mr Tan understands that club and its fans. I really hope a deal is done and quickly but it does need to be the right deal for all parties, not just a band aid stuck to a broken leg.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum