Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A message to Natasha Whittam

+10
Sluffy
Norpig
Bwfc1958
Mr Magoo
bwfc71
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
scottjames30
KillerGorilla
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41A message to Natasha Whittam  - Page 3 Empty Re: A message to Natasha Whittam Sun Dec 20 2015, 21:23

KillerGorilla

KillerGorilla
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Norpig wrote:we couldn't meet up it would end up in a brawl

Your in the brotherhood as well then I take it?

42A message to Natasha Whittam  - Page 3 Empty Re: A message to Natasha Whittam Sun Dec 20 2015, 21:25

All sounds a bit homosexual.  Bumchums and brotherhood.  (The latter sounds like you should live in blackburn or burnley)

43A message to Natasha Whittam  - Page 3 Empty Re: A message to Natasha Whittam Sun Dec 20 2015, 21:27

KillerGorilla

KillerGorilla
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Are you the infamous 'kennster' by any chance inter?

44A message to Natasha Whittam  - Page 3 Empty Re: A message to Natasha Whittam Sun Dec 20 2015, 21:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

KillerGorilla wrote:
Norpig wrote:we couldn't meet up it would end up in a brawl

Your in the brotherhood as well then I take it?
 no i don't think i would be welcome to be honest

45A message to Natasha Whittam  - Page 3 Empty Re: A message to Natasha Whittam Sun Dec 20 2015, 23:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

For whatever it is worth to anyone - I miss Natasha posting.

46A message to Natasha Whittam  - Page 3 Empty Re: A message to Natasha Whittam Sun Dec 20 2015, 23:43

The only reason i joined was because she stopped

47A message to Natasha Whittam  - Page 3 Empty Re: A message to Natasha Whittam Sun Dec 20 2015, 23:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I can only speak personally.

I know how some/many feel about her - and with some reason too.

I simply find the account funny much of the time.

Maybe I'm easily humoured?

48A message to Natasha Whittam  - Page 3 Empty Re: A message to Natasha Whittam Sun Dec 20 2015, 23:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

She might be feeling unloved and alone at Christmas. Sad

49A message to Natasha Whittam  - Page 3 Empty Re: A message to Natasha Whittam Sun Dec 20 2015, 23:57

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Maybe cedric has put his foot down and said she can't post anymore.

50A message to Natasha Whittam  - Page 3 Empty Re: A message to Natasha Whittam Mon Dec 21 2015, 00:35

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Maybe she's visiting Cedric in the Royal Bolton

51A message to Natasha Whittam  - Page 3 Empty Re: A message to Natasha Whittam Mon Dec 21 2015, 00:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wish we could all rise above this political bullshit. I have one account and one persona and I say what I think yet I know it pisses some people off, which is a shame but the whole point of a forum is to provide a platform for opinions. So some people are rude and some people pretend to be other people or lots of people. So what? Surely if someone posts something that is unacceptable (prejudicial/illegal etc) then the post should be deleted, legs smacked, stand in a corner and that should be the end of it. If we stick with a "3 strikes and your out" principle then that surely will satisfy the legal requirements for a forum? But I get the feeling that there's more to it than that because of the immediacy and stringency of the punishments for miscreants - and that's not letting it flow.

52A message to Natasha Whittam  - Page 3 Empty Re: A message to Natasha Whittam Mon Dec 21 2015, 00:42

:agree:

53A message to Natasha Whittam  - Page 3 Empty Re: A message to Natasha Whittam Mon Dec 21 2015, 01:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not quite sure what you mean (or getting at) with your last sentence?

In my experience a successful forum is a very fragile balancing trick.

You can and do get forums of like minded people - tw is probably the classic. It has a core of established posters whose individuals have posted in the tens of thousands, who clearly have an intellect but is populated by an utterly boring, humourless and a pretentious point scoring group of individuals - although obviously they think of themselves as otherwise.

Anybody who is not like minded is soon hounded out.

If that is your bag then fine, there is nothing wrong in that, it is just that I prefer more out of a forum. I want to have a laugh, I want to see opposite views to mine, I want to be somewhere different from the other forums.

But that does not come easily and has a high price to pay.

In order to be different you have to take risks. You have to create an environment for people to express themselves freely. You have to except some people will not like it, some will leave, some will abuse it, some will not get it, some will feel they've been had, some will fight, some will piss take, some will be argumentative, some will thrive, some will hate it.

There are no real rules to our forum. We try to let most things go and calm things down when we can. We try to keep excessive personal abuse off the forum, we try and let grown men and women be themselves and not tell them what they can and can not do - they know that anyway.

Of course things can and do go wrong but isn't it better that we allow people to try to 'entertain' (even if it is only themselves) than stick to a comfortable formula and exclude everyone else who doesn't share the same view?

We certainly don't want to piss people off but then again we don't want to close our door to people and things new.

Maybe the Natasha era has come to an end but is that because the audience no longer wants it or the author no longer wants to act it?

I would have thought Christmas was the best of times to have a pantomime villain both in view that the audience expects one and the player of the part is the real star of the show!

The only 'character' banned from Nuts is the never endingly abusive AD account - that sort of stuff is not what we are about.

The forum is only as good as the people who post on it.

No other forum is as tolerant as ours.

We need to always to be adapting and moving on.

That's how I see things anyway.

54A message to Natasha Whittam  - Page 3 Empty Re: A message to Natasha Whittam Mon Dec 21 2015, 01:41

The last line threw me as well when I read it.

I was nodding along until we got to the last bit and it made me stop and think "Er...what? Where did that come from?"

I've spent the last twenty minutes trying to compose a response which didn't sound like I was being a cock but I was struggling so much I gave up.

But I am interested to understand what his real point was.

(I'm putting it down to M being slightly worse for wear because the Christmas spirit is flowing freely and nothing more sinister.)

There's nothing wrong with having a few too many and not quite articulating your thoughts properly, is there?

(Personal prejudice here.)

55A message to Natasha Whittam  - Page 3 Empty Re: A message to Natasha Whittam Mon Dec 21 2015, 09:29

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad was Nat.

56A message to Natasha Whittam  - Page 3 Empty Re: A message to Natasha Whittam Mon Dec 21 2015, 09:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:But I get the feeling that there's more to it than that because of the immediacy and stringency of the punishments for miscreants - and that's not letting it flow.

Sorry guys - just noticed your comments. Is this the bit that you're on about?

I was just trying to say that banning a long-serving poster like Johnny for coming out with a few choice words on one thread was harsh. Obviously I wasn't aware at the time that he was being a cock and that no such thing had happened.

I'd just like to think that if I called you a ** deleted by mods ** because you happened to piss me off one day that it wouldn't mean immediate banishment to the twilight zone - which is what appeared to happen to Johnny.

My he is a card.

57A message to Natasha Whittam  - Page 3 Empty Re: A message to Natasha Whittam Mon Dec 21 2015, 13:10

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Clearly the fat knob head has found better things to do, like doing something about her weight perhaps.

But I have missed her a lot, and I do wish her a good Christmas wherever she is.

58A message to Natasha Whittam  - Page 3 Empty Re: A message to Natasha Whittam Mon Dec 21 2015, 15:00

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nat, if you haven't pegged it, come back, were missing your acerbic comments, and eye for the troublesome topic. These bellends aren't the same without you. Sad

59A message to Natasha Whittam  - Page 3 Empty Re: A message to Natasha Whittam Mon Dec 21 2015, 15:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Clearly the fat knob head has found better things to do, like doing something about her weight perhaps.

TBF I have heard more compelling entreaties of affection.

Did you meet your missus by clubbing her over the head and dragging her off to your cave by her hair by any chance Doff? Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum