Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where will we be?

+6
wessy
Numpty 28723
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
rogercpc
KillerGorilla
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Where will we be? Empty Where will we be? Tue Dec 22 2015, 11:21

KillerGorilla

KillerGorilla
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Positives
24 games to go 
72 points to play for
Return of Zach Clough
Starting to score more goals
Takeover close

Negatives
5 points adrift
Club in disarray 
Manager scandal
Unpaid/uninterested (shite) players

Currently it's 50/50 for me whether we go down or survive, my gut feeling is that we will survive by the skin of our teeth as I believe the table will even itself out over the course of the season. We certainly aren't  in the worst 3 sides, Home form will be key for us.

How do you see it panning out? Is there hope or are we doomed?

2Where will we be? Empty Re: Where will we be? Tue Dec 22 2015, 11:30

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Hi Killer,
not sure about the last of the positives, "takeover close!" I would like to think anyone with a spare cash cache would buy us, but am thinking there is no evidence of us being bought!  I really hope that Holdsworth has nothing to do with it! I also think we are certain to be relegated, and we will be lucky to avoid a double relegation the way things are going at the moment, straight down to div 2!

3Where will we be? Empty Re: Where will we be? Tue Dec 22 2015, 11:40

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we'll finish bottom middle, six points more than needed for us to stay up, young Clough will be banging them in for fun.

4Where will we be? Empty Re: Where will we be? Tue Dec 22 2015, 11:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We will finish bottom or next to bottom it's that simple.

5Where will we be? Empty Re: Where will we be? Tue Dec 22 2015, 11:50

KillerGorilla

KillerGorilla
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Hipster_Nebula wrote:We will finish bottom or next to bottom it's that simple.

Only to the simple minded.

6Where will we be? Empty Re: Where will we be? Tue Dec 22 2015, 11:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes it's that simple.

7Where will we be? Empty Re: Where will we be? Tue Dec 22 2015, 11:53

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Calling it at 50/50 is being uber optimistic. Right now it's hard to see where the next win is coming from.

Clough is a slim ray of hope providing he doesn't pick up another injury but 11 wins from 75 games last season and this says it all.

We need snookers.

8Where will we be? Empty Re: Where will we be? Tue Dec 22 2015, 12:38

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hard to argue a case for staying up, Lose to Rotherham and we will be behind the 8 ball. We cant win away, and we only draw at home = Relegation on the bright side if we had turned just three draws into wins then we would be in contention.

The truth is we are the worst team in this league. without a takeover the others will strengthen and we have our hands tied. As the song goes "And then Lennon goes and spoils it all by doing something stupid

9Where will we be? Empty Re: Where will we be? Tue Dec 22 2015, 13:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even if there is a takeover, assets will have to be sold to balance the books and then further cuts in the playing staff will be needed to stop the business hemorrhaging nearly a million a month.

If we put players in the window in January, nobody will want to take the likes of Medo, Spearing or Trotter which means we perhaps won't see the emergence of the youth team just yet although I'd like to see the likes of Woolery and Thomas being given match time in preparation for next season.

At a time when our performances need to improve considerably we are likely to lose players so the odds are really stacked against our survival.

This time next month we should have a much better understanding of our fate but it will really need something special to keep us in the Championship.

10Where will we be? Empty Re: Where will we be? Tue Dec 22 2015, 13:06

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

Relegated - tell me what you're smoking to make you think otherwise. .

11Where will we be? Empty Re: Where will we be? Tue Dec 22 2015, 13:07

KillerGorilla

KillerGorilla
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Alf Hooker wrote:Relegated - tell me what you're smoking to make you think otherwise. .

How rude

12Where will we be? Empty Re: Where will we be? Tue Dec 22 2015, 16:02

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

We will be lucky if the gates aren't shut and the Macron closed for good to build houses on.

Remember a series called "Muck and Brass" where a property developer buys an ailing football club. Realising it's hemorrhaging money decides to sell the ground for houses and close the club for good.

Houses would work on that site and would prove popular with it's motorway links. Very pessimistic about the future of the club right now.

Even if someone buys us we're selling assets and players to keep up and we could end up in the second division quite quickly or even non league. If new owners are selling before we even start that means they ain't got much money in the first place, which really we don't want to hear. It only delays the inevitable of being sold again in a years time.

Ideally needs too be an owner with mage bucks and I think it would be better if we took the deduction of points and go into admin. By the time these negotiations are finished with there will be little to sell other than the players and they won't go for much.

13Where will we be? Empty Re: Where will we be? Tue Dec 22 2015, 16:08

But Boggers said........

14Where will we be? Empty Re: Where will we be? Tue Dec 22 2015, 16:10

Breadman wrote:But Boggers said........

Smile

15Where will we be? Empty Re: Where will we be? Tue Dec 22 2015, 16:11

KillerGorilla

KillerGorilla
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Breadman wrote:But Boggers said........

You were whining about this site being full of fakes who don't have anything genuine to say, now you're spamming my genuine thread.

Nice logic

16Where will we be? Empty Re: Where will we be? Tue Dec 22 2015, 16:12

Well that didnt work because everytime you type killer gorilla as all one word it now automatically changes to boggers.

I like it.

Just delete the original boggers account and change his username on the new one rendering all the posts and everything else he has made redundant.

17Where will we be? Empty Re: Where will we be? Tue Dec 22 2015, 16:15

KillerGorilla

KillerGorilla
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Delete Johnny

18Where will we be? Empty Re: Where will we be? Tue Dec 22 2015, 16:16

KillerGorilla

KillerGorilla
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Infact I think I'll call you tony from now on