Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers 0-2 Huddersfield Town

+11
Moses Gate
observer
karlypants
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
Alf Hooker
Jack Russell
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How anybody - and on the day another £30 direct debit comes out the bank - could clap that shower of shite off the pitch is beyond me. Shame on these utter sycophants.

To play that badly, after absolutely murdering Huddersfield for the first half hour shows just what a hit and miss lot this team is. Absolutely fell apart in the second half, Hudds had our only attacking threats in their pockets, and we were back to our shambolic worst at the back. Once again Prince/Amos/Wheater have been caught dilly dallying and it has cost us two soft goals.

Moses Gate

David Ngog
David Ngog

doffcocker wrote:How anybody - and on the day another £30 direct debit comes out the bank - could clap that shower of shite off the pitch is beyond me. Shame on these utter sycophants.

To play that badly, after absolutely murdering Huddersfield for the first half hour shows just what a hit and miss lot this team is. Absolutely fell apart in the second half, Hudds had our only attacking threats in their pockets, and we were back to our shambolic worst at the back. Once again Prince/Amos/Wheater have been caught dilly dallying and it has cost us two soft goals.
I'd have to agree with the overall assessment, though my frustration lay further up the pitch. The first 20 minutes or so saw us harrying their defenders and causing them to lose possession. I'm not sure what happened to stop that harrying, but we did stop it and allowed Huddersfield to grow in confidence and take control of the game.I was expecting a sense of urgency and determination after the break but we came out whimpering. Finally, to cap it off, Lennon fetches Wenger's practical joke onto the pitch. Giggles all around the Emirates at that one. 
The false sense of optimism that glimmered after the Blackburn game has been well and truly extinguished, and any doubts about our future are now removed. 
Time to sell off whatever assets there are in the team and start planning for League 1 at best. And that's assuming we can convince HMRC we are a going concern.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lennon says "you can sense that when a goal goes against us the confidence starts to wane" it's your fucking job to make sure it doesn't, we have had some real fuckwits in charge of us since Big Sam left, but this guy is the worst of them all.

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

MartinBWFC wrote:Lennon says "you can sense that when a goal goes against us the confidence starts to wane" it's your fucking job to make sure it doesn't, we have had some real fuckwits in charge of us since Big Sam left, but this guy is the worst of them all.

Whoooah!! steady on there, don't you realise everyone of them has been a gem of the footballing intelligentsia - they were all appointed by "someone who knows football" don't forget.

(As for Lennon, EITHER, like us, he was fed a crock of shit by Gartside in the first place and didn't do any personal 'due diligence' - Bad move Neil, OR was told the truth behind the citadel that is at the 'board level' of BWFC and his ego allowed him to think he could still do a job here. Bad move Neil. Either way his professional judgement has to be brought into question. Because whatever happens he will get us out of this division - pity its in the wrong direction...and his managerial reputation is being ripped to shreds as we all watch this car crash that has become Bolton Wanderers

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Lennon says "you can sense that when a goal goes against us the confidence starts to wane" it's your fucking job to make sure it doesn't, we have had some real fuckwits in charge of us since Big Sam left, but this guy is the worst of them all.

Hardly.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

It could have been 3-0 to us after 20 mins... literally the best I have seen us since we were in the prem... 

By the end could have been 6-0 to them. They should have scored 2 in the last 2 mins when they carved us open but they were being greedy. 

That second half was the worst I have seen this season.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wagner isn't stupid. He knew we'd come flying out of the traps, chasing everything down and working like sprinters at the beginning and he knew our confidence was fragile so he did what any manager would do and rope-a-doped us until we couldn't close down or make those sprints any more. And because we didn't capitalise on the chances we'd worked for whilst we were able to make them, we lost.

We should be contemplating the role of the youngsters in our preparation for L1 after that performance but after the last minute own goal that saw Rotherham lose to PNE, incredibly we are still only 4 points plus GD off survival, so it looks like another week of staggering on with the same tactics and the same suspects making the starting eleven.

Lennon seems too chicken to be as radical as the situation demands IMO.

Really laughed at the Longsight Iced Tea comment earlier, by the way and apropos to nothing relevant to this thread.

Was going to PM you and say as much but seeing as you're still up, I might as well just say it in public on here.

Made me chuckle into my Sex In The Car Park.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Really laughed at the Longsight Iced Tea comment earlier, by the way and apropos to nothing relevant to this thread.

Was going to PM you and say as much but seeing as you're still up, I might as well just say it in public on here.

Made me chuckle into my Sex In The Car Park.
Still up but somewhat wankered and heading to bed. As I've no doubt you will be after tonight's cocktail sesh. Enjoy - for tomorrow 'tis the monastery for you! If you don't think the self-imposed alcohol ban is sufficiently Jesuit I'll nip into the club shop and get you a set of trevor birch twigs. Smile

Grab us a special Eddie Davies commemorative hair shirt while you're in there please and I'll sort you out with the money via PayPal.

Or you could just forget about the money and wipe the virtual debt off, if you're so inclined.

Cheers.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are totally totally fucked.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we played well in he firsh half, Feeney actually played in some great balls into the box but as usual our strikers were nowhere to be seen. At half time i was fairly happy and thought we could go on and win it.

The Lennon changed the formation from 4231 to the 442 diamond and we lost control of the midfield. I can understand why he tried it but it was obvious after 5 minutes it wasn't working yet he persisted with it. Also a very strange decision to put Vela back to right back as Silva was hopeless when he came on and we lost Vela's drive in  midfield.

Very strange all round from Lennon , he has lost the plot i'm afraid

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I would have taken silva back off again. He isnt interested in the team. Head down and lost the ball every time he got it . Just wanted to run at players.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton 0-2 Huddersfield Town

IN BRIEF

Wanderers began 2016 with defeat after falling to a 2-0 reverse at the hands of Huddersfield Town at Macron Stadium.

Following a goalless first half – one which saw Liam Feeney hit the post for the home side – the visitors proceeded to take the lead on the hour mark with Joe Lolley slamming home at the second attempt after seeing his first effort blocked.

Wanderers rallied in a bid to pull level, but inside the final minutes of the clash the Terriers snatched a second goal through substitute Mustapha Carayol with the on-loan Middlesbrough man stroking the ball into the net after Amos had saved Nahki Wells’ initial shot to ensure that the Whites slipped to defeat.

TEAM NEWS

Wanderers’ starting XI was unchanged from the side who defeated Blackburn Rovers on Monday, with the bench boasting the inclusion of Derik Osede in the only change to the matchday eighteen as the Spaniard replaced Lawrie Wilson amongst the substitutes.

FIRST HALF

In a change to the norm, Wanderers found themselves attacking towards their home fans in the first period and wasted no time in attempting to give the Bolton faithful something to shout about as Darren Pratley’s header from a Liam Feeney free kick lofted narrowly over the crossbar inside two minutes.

It was a bright start for the Whites, with Huddersfield forced onto the backfoot for much of the opening stages as Neil Lennon’s men poured forward in a bid to open the scoring.

Wanderers came close once again soon after, with Gary Madine’s glancing header from a superb Dean Moxey cross flying a matter of inches wide of the upright while Feeney collected a long-range throw from the Whites’ left-back shortly after, only to see his eventual shot blocked at the death.

The winger came within a whisker of adding to his four goals already this season with 12 minutes gone Feeney sprinting downfield to collect a loose ball, but his sweet effort rattled the post with Jed Steer a beaten man.

It was virtually one way traffic inside the opening quarter of an hour, with Wanderers undoubtedly unlucky not to already be in front in the clash.

As the first period reached its halfway point, the visitors did find some space as they finally found themselves in Bolton territory as Nahki Wells poured forward only for a superb last ditch challenge from Prince in the area to prevent him from firing home.

It was an opportunity which certainly woke up the travelling supporters, with their calls for a penalty kick falling on deaf ears although it did lead to a small revival on Huddersfield’s part as they put Wanderers under some pressure in the minutes afterwards.

The game proceeded to fall into an end-to-end encounter, with the visitors finding their feet after a slow start on their part.

It was the first time that Wanderers had found themselves under any real pressure in the game, but they were standing firm under attack from the Terriers.

As the clock ran down the break, it was the visitors who found themselves dominating possession with Bolton forced to defend in numbers on the stroke of half time, but their efforts were in vain as the hosts kept them at bay to ensure a goalless scoreline at the end of the first 45.

SECOND HALF

Just the one change at the break saw Sean Scannell replaced with Jamie Paterson for the visitors and proceedings got back underway at a damp Macron Stadium.

And it was the visitors who started brightly with Prince forced to clear a Wells effort off the line inside the opening 60 seconds of the game after the forward had rounded Ben Amos in the Bolton goal.

A let-off for Wanderers, they were forced once again to stand firm as Town peppered the Bolton penalty area while Amos was forced to tip a Wells effort around the post with 55 minutes gone.

And on the stroke of the hour mark, the visitors finally breached the Whites’ rearguard with Lolley seeing his original shot blocked before reacting to slam home the rebound.

Looking for an immediate route back into the game, Wanderers rallied but were almost hit on the counter attack, only for Ben Chilwell to fire high and wide after finding himself in space.

Bolton on the other hand meanwhile came close twice in quick succession, firstly Pratley seeing a shot from the edge of the box blocked before Clough fired just wide with only the keeper to beat.

The introduction of Wellington Silva in place of Rob Holding shortly afterwards signalled Bolton’s intent in the clash, with Vela retreating to right back in place of his fellow academy graduate.

Huddersfield were still looking menacing on the break though, with Wanderers having to pull men back to keep them at bay.

The Whites weren’t a beaten side quite yet though, with them throwing men forward in a bid to force an equaliser as Clough saw his free-kick from the corner of the area blocked with nine minutes to go.

With time running out however, Bolton were hit on the counter attack with substitute Carayol firing home after Amos had parried Wells’ initial effort with four minutes to go to secure victory for the Yorkshire outfit.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:we played well in he firsh half, Feeney actually played in some great balls into the box but as usual our strikers were nowhere to be seen. At half time i was fairly happy and thought we could go on and win it.
From the radio commentary, "highlights" and match stats I got the impression that we we huffed and puffed in the first half without really creating anything and then got bossed in the second half.

First half possession stats actually showed Huddersfield with around 60% and with more shots - and that we only had one shot on target - that's ONE - in the entire game.

Now I'm ready to clutch at straws in the hope of finding something to be positive about that performance but I can't see it.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

well Lusty from where i was we did start the game well and Feeney did put in some decent crosses but the strikers especially Madine didn't put in enough effort and gamble and get in the box to be on the end of them.

As i said earlier it all changed when Lennon changed the formation and we lost the midfield battle

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:well Lusty from where i was we did start the game well and Feeney did put in some decent crosses but the strikers especially Madine didn't put in enough effort and gamble and get in the box to be on the end of them.

As i said earlier it all changed when Lennon changed the formation and we lost the midfield battle
So is this a case of having extra bodies in the middle to keep control at the expense of support for the attack?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:well Lusty from where i was we did start the game well and Feeney did put in some decent crosses but the strikers especially Madine didn't put in enough effort and gamble and get in the box to be on the end of them.

So is this a case of having extra bodies in the middle to keep control at the expense of support for the attack?
 i would say so Lusty. we looked better in the 4231. I know Lennon will say he was trying to win the game by being more attacking but it just didn't work. We got over run in midfield when he changed to the diamond

If Madine could hold up the ball as well as say Super Kev (he did the golden gamble as half time, someone should have got him some boots) then it would work better but for a big man Madine is not a good target man.

For all his faults Heskey would be better playing as a lone striker than Madine, at least Heskey can hold it up and bring others in to the game

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yesterday could have been a lot worse.

Rotherham were winning at Preston, ended up losing. MK Dons were winning at Leeds, ended up drawing. Charlton only drew at home, although they were losing (thanks Dougie). And Bristol ended up losing late on. Still four points adrift but the list of catchable teams is getting a lot smaller.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm predicting relegation ..... and I mean from League one to League two ...... just to start the chatter rolling Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum