Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prince Desire Gouano

+7
rammywhite
Norpig
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Prince Desire Gouano Empty Prince Desire Gouano Sun Jan 03 2016, 14:17

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Remember that first few games or so where we all couldn't believe we'd signed this guy on loan for the season? It seems too good to be true, we all thought.

Well it was, because I'm now on pins every time the ball goes anywhere near him.

I do think he, Wheater and Amos between them are an accident waiting to happen.

Such a disappointment.

2Prince Desire Gouano Empty Re: Prince Desire Gouano Sun Jan 03 2016, 14:30

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's been poor ever since his wife had a baby, maybe there's something in that

3Prince Desire Gouano Empty Re: Prince Desire Gouano Sun Jan 03 2016, 14:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes I remember his debut, I was thinking we won't keep hold of him for long...

4Prince Desire Gouano Empty Re: Prince Desire Gouano Sun Jan 03 2016, 14:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He is a very good athlete but he is a worry - a bit like Cahill when he first joined us. Thought having Wheater alongside him would steady his positioning and composure but he has started to make some terrible decisions and that will be his downfall. 

The bigger disappointment for me is Derik as he's a permanent signing. The lad can play a bit but he's no CB. DM perhaps Penfold?

5Prince Desire Gouano Empty Re: Prince Desire Gouano Sun Jan 03 2016, 15:01

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think his best position would be just in front of the back 4, but if that meant putting Dervite in the team, then leave him be.

6Prince Desire Gouano Empty Re: Prince Desire Gouano Sun Jan 03 2016, 16:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think Prince will develop into a great player in time, he does make a few ricks thats for sure and he relies on his pace to get him out of trouble, but i believe he will be a good player for someone in the future as he won't be with us that long

7Prince Desire Gouano Empty Re: Prince Desire Gouano Sun Jan 03 2016, 17:09

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:i think Prince will develop into a great player in time, he does make a few ricks thats for sure and he relies on his pace to get him out of trouble, but i believe he will be a good player for someone in the future as he won't be with us that long

Norpig- I agree. He's got the makings of a top class footballer. Despite a few bad decisions some of his tackles to break down attacks have been top drawer. He's quite fast as well. I hope we keep him, although that's highly unlikely.
Better coaching might help him out though

8Prince Desire Gouano Empty Re: Prince Desire Gouano Sun Jan 03 2016, 17:09

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:i think Prince will develop into a great player in time, he does make a few ricks thats for sure and he relies on his pace to get him out of trouble, but i believe he will be a good player for someone in the future as he won't be with us that long

9Prince Desire Gouano Empty Re: Prince Desire Gouano Sun Jan 03 2016, 19:15

Bolton Nuts

Admin

He is a very young defender. His best years are wa ahead of him. Regular football alongside other more competent players would bring him along faster. At the moment he is being asked a lot of. And the only way to improve is by making mistakes...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

10Prince Desire Gouano Empty Re: Prince Desire Gouano Sun Jan 03 2016, 19:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Remember that first few games or so where we all couldn't believe we'd signed this guy on loan for the season? It seems too good to be true, we all thought.

Well it was, because I'm now on pins every time the ball goes anywhere near him.

Such a disappointment.

You really have it in for certain players, Amos especially.

You ran Kevin Davies out of the club, I hope you aren't going to do the same to our 'keeper.

11Prince Desire Gouano Empty Re: Prince Desire Gouano Sun Jan 03 2016, 19:51

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Remember that first few games or so where we all couldn't believe we'd signed this guy on loan for the season? It seems too good to be true, we all thought.

Such a disappointment.

You really have it in for certain players, Amos especially.

You ran Kevin Davies out of the club, I hope you aren't going to do the same to our 'keeper.

Kevin Davies was well past it, the only reason everybody else couldn't see it was blindness from sentimentality.

As for Amos and Prince, I've never said they don't have the potential to be good players.

Amos will probably improve over time, but for now, the poor contributions well outweigh the positive ones. And like I've said before, Bogdan and Lonergan were always under scrutiny, it just seems completely random that Amos hasn't had any stick at all.

Prince has got the build and pace to be a top centre half but he's been incredibly sloppy lately and you never know when he's gonna give away a goal or get himself sent off with a stupid pass or challenge.

12Prince Desire Gouano Empty Re: Prince Desire Gouano Sun Jan 03 2016, 20:21

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He'e very quick he made a tackle in the box against Huddersfield that no one else could have made, he has real pace he's brave & strong, BUT is judgement is very raw, his distribution dreadful, his poor decision making at this point stops him being very good. being on loan he my not be with us much longer, he could become a really decent player. Do we have players that offer more? not really.

13Prince Desire Gouano Empty Re: Prince Desire Gouano Sun Jan 03 2016, 20:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote: BUT is judgement is very raw, his distribution dreadful, his poor decision making at this point stops him being very good. being on loan he my not be with us much longer, he could become a really decent player.

He's a professional footballer being paid good money. Surely judgement and distribution should be a given at this level?

14Prince Desire Gouano Empty Re: Prince Desire Gouano Sun Jan 03 2016, 20:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Kevin Davies was well past it, the only reason everybody else couldn't see it was blindness from sentimentality.

He was well past it, but could have done a job for us in the longer term. I blame you for hounding him out of the club, his wife probably followed your (poor) work.

15Prince Desire Gouano Empty Re: Prince Desire Gouano Sun Jan 03 2016, 22:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

He was well past it, but could have done a job for us in the longer term.

As usual, completely contradictory to the noise you were making at the time

I'm sure the day it came out that he was leaving, you more or less told us you were doing cartwheels round your front room.

16Prince Desire Gouano Empty Re: Prince Desire Gouano Sun Jan 03 2016, 22:39

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I felt KD could have been useful as a squad rotation player or impact sub. I thought he'd got at least one or two more seasons in him in that sort of role but he was no longer fast enough or good enough to be skipper and a guaranteed starter. When he went to Preston I thought he might flourish and have an "Indian Summer" so to speak in the third tier. I was more surprised to see Craig Davies allowed to leave, I thought he was a much more potent threat long term and could have done a very good job for us indeed.

17Prince Desire Gouano Empty Re: Prince Desire Gouano Mon Jan 04 2016, 13:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:He is a very young defender. His best years are wa ahead of him. Regular football alongside other more competent players would bring him along faster. At the moment he is being asked a lot of. And the only way to improve is by making mistakes...
We all said the same of Cahill who made similar mistakes when he first arrived but after a run of games alongside Sam Ricketts he started to improve. Prince needs a steady position-conscious CB partner to help him get his bearings.

18Prince Desire Gouano Empty Re: Prince Desire Gouano Mon Jan 04 2016, 14:37

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It may be heresy to say this but when Cahil got injured we had Knight and Wheater at CB and (imo) they did pretty well together. In fact they looked more solid without Cahill than with. I think if Wheater shepherds young Prince the way he did Zat the lad will improve tremendously. He's got the talent, he just needs a guiding hand from someone with experience and for me Wheater fits that bill nicely.

19Prince Desire Gouano Empty Re: Prince Desire Gouano Mon Jan 04 2016, 14:47

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

luckyPeterpiper wrote:It may be heresy to say this but when Cahil got injured we had Knight and Wheater at CB and (imo) they did pretty well together. In fact they looked more solid without Cahill than with. I think if Wheater shepherds young Prince the way he did Zat the lad will improve tremendously. He's got the talent, he just needs a guiding hand from someone with experience and for me Wheater fits that bill nicely.

I agree with what's been said here already- the lads got talent but still has a bit to learn. The question is whether he's prepared to learn it in League 1. He's talented and he knows he is- and he's also young and needs to think about this career.
I doubt that he'll be playing for us next season.

20Prince Desire Gouano Empty Re: Prince Desire Gouano Mon Jan 04 2016, 15:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:It may be heresy to say this but when Cahil got injured we had Knight and Wheater at CB and (imo) they did pretty well together. In fact they looked more solid without Cahill than with. I think if Wheater shepherds young Prince the way he did Zat the lad will improve tremendously. He's got the talent, he just needs a guiding hand from someone with experience and for me Wheater fits that bill nicely.

I agree with what's been said here already- the lads got talent but still has a bit to learn. The question is whether he's prepared to learn it in League 1. He's talented and he knows he is- and he's also young and needs to think about this career.
I doubt that he'll be playing for us next season.
If Prince goes back as expected I'm not sure Derik is the man to step up to the CB role but we have another young CB who needs a steadying influence in Alex Finney. 
He's only played a couple of minutes for the first team when he was brought on at the death away at Hudds in September after Derik had been sent off but my mate says he's potentially a good 'un. Both need the kind of experience Prince is getting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum