Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Bolton Player Only You Liked

+15
Sluffy
Harold77
Michael Bolton
doffcocker
Bernard Dennis Park
Mallorca Trotter
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
Quent
bwfc71
largehat
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 16:52

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

largehat wrote:Simon Coleman.

Coleman was very popular. I don't think you're the only one who liked him. Same goes for Scott Green who I saw someone mention.

I'll go for Kevin Davies.

22The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 16:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think everyone rated Simon Coleman before he got injured, are we getting mixed up with Simon Charlton?

23The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 17:02

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
largehat wrote:Simon Coleman.

Coleman was very popular. I don't think you're the only one who liked him. Same goes for Scott Green who I saw someone mention.

I'll go for Kevin Davies.

So as if to prove that "the only person who liked him" isn't meant to be taken literally, as you have done with my post, you've gone for probably the most important BWFC player this century. I see.

24The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 17:04

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If you can go for Coleman, who I don't think anyone ever had a bad word to say about, I can go for Kevin Davies.

25The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 17:06

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:If you can go for Coleman, who I don't think anyone ever had a bad word to say about, I can go for Kevin Davies.

Right, exactly, anyone can go for anyone they want, we're on the same page.

Simon Coleman.

26The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 17:07

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't think we are. Carry on though.

27The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 17:10

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Well it's like this for me.

There are so many Bolton Wanderers fans, it is impossible that there has ever been a player in the history of the club who only one fan liked. I thought that was a given.

Therefore we can spend all day saying "you can't be the only one who liked him", thus rendering this thread a pointless pissing contest, which seems to be your preference, or we can discuss some lesser known former players.

28The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 17:14

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

All I did was question your choice of Simon Coleman. Just like you questioned someone mentioning Jeff Chandler. You seem to be the one wanting a 'pissing contest'. Which you seem to do quite often.

29The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 17:27

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think I had a bit of a man crush on Nicky Southall, when I was about 9. It all started either after he heroically stepped up to play in goal and nearly saved a penalty after Jaaskelainen had been sent off, or when he scored that sweet goal at Newcastle.

I'm also a massive fan of Tuncay Sanli in case I haven't already mentioned.

30The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 17:32

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:All I did was question your choice of Simon Coleman. Just like you questioned someone mentioning Jeff Chandler. You seem to be the one wanting a 'pissing contest'. Which you seem to do quite often.

I barely remember Jeff Chandler, so I asked "wasn't he considered our best player before he broke his leg?".

I started watching BWFC while Chandler was out with a broken leg, so it was a genuine question about his ability.

You're the only one criticising other people's choices.

Carry on.

31The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 18:23

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Tony Kelly

32The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 19:18

Harold77

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Len Cantello.

He was bought in 1979 as a replacement for Peter Reid and Frank Worthington combined, as if an ageing West Brom reject could ever be that and got a lot of stick because he wasn't a world great.I liked him though and fondly remember a stunning goal he scored against Cambridge.

33The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 21:06

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

largehat wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:All I did was question your choice of Simon Coleman. Just like you questioned someone mentioning Jeff Chandler. You seem to be the one wanting a 'pissing contest'. Which you seem to do quite often.

I barely remember Jeff Chandler, so I asked "wasn't he considered our best player before he broke his leg?".

I started watching BWFC while Chandler was out with a broken leg, so it was a genuine question about his ability.

You're the only one criticising other people's choices.

Carry on.

No, he wasn't our best player.. I loved him, as I loved wingers, but my Dad argued he went down blind alleys & he should tuck his shirt in..

Just going off memories..

34The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 22:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And I don't mean Nicky Hunt!

35The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 22:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jared Borgetti would have scored more goals than Lofthouse & McGinlay combined if he'd been given a chance.

36The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 22:56

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Muamba

37The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 22:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Harold77 wrote:Len Cantello.

He was bought in 1979 as a replacement for Peter Reid and Frank Worthington combined, as if an ageing West Brom reject could ever be that and got a lot of stick because he wasn't a world great.I liked him though and fondly remember a stunning goal he scored against Cambridge.

Unfortunately he was a very expensive mistake. A record breaking £350,000. Shocked

38The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 22:59

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Sluffy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And I don't mean Nicky Hunt!
My favourite borgetti goal and favourite bolton game!
(8 minutes in)

39The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 23:06

Criminal what happened to Borgetti, he really didn't get a chance despite scoring a few goals from the bench.

40The Bolton Player Only You Liked - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 23:26

Seeing as I can't have Scott Green because somebody else likes him, can I have Stuart Whitaker. I remember a game in the mid nineties against Luton when he looked a world beater.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum