Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+29
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
DEANO82
okocha
gloswhite
wessy
Angry Dad
y2johnny
bryan458
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Bread2.0
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Mr Magoo
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
Norpig
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 45 of 50]

881Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Feb 20 2020, 16:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been enjoying some old school TV myself. Gideon's Way, starring John Gregson is set in a rose tinted Britain that probably never existed, but should have.
'Cor blimey guv, it's a fair cop'.
It's full of decent actors, many of whom went on to make big names for themselves, and I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

882Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Mar 05 2020, 22:32

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Oh my God! Everyone should read this:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/wjwwj4/dark-waters-is-a-real-life-horror-story-and-youre-part-of-it

Just seen the film and it's a real shock to the system. We had no idea beforehand. Forget Corona virus.....this is far more horrific!

883Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Mar 06 2020, 19:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone remember this. Early 70's. 

884Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Mar 18 2020, 22:52

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I'm a big fan of Inside No. 9 but I thought the latest series was inconsistant with some weak episodes like Love's Great Adventure and The Stakeout.

885Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 23 2020, 08:26

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig I see you are a Curb Your Enthusiasm fan, what do you think of the current series? Personally I have found it a bit a disappointing. The situations just seem more contrived and less funny.

886Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 23 2020, 08:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Norpig I see you are a Curb Your Enthusiasm fan, what do you think of the current series? Personally I have found it a bit a disappointing. The situations just seem more contrived and less funny.
Have to agree. Still some classic moments, but I think the envelope has been pushed as far as it can go without falling off the edge of the cliff.

887Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 23 2020, 09:08

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:
xmiles wrote:Norpig I see you are a Curb Your Enthusiasm fan, what do you think of the current series? Personally I have found it a bit a disappointing. The situations just seem more contrived and less funny.
Have to agree. Still some classic moments, but I think the envelope has been pushed as far as it can go without falling off the edge of the cliff.

Yes the trip to Mexico episode was the worst I've seen. The whole thing was so unbelievable.

888Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 23 2020, 12:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think its been great so far to be honest, best thing on TV at the moment.

889Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 23 2020, 13:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i think its been great so far to be honest, best thing on TV at the moment.
Here's Larry being less than public spirited.

890Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 23 2020, 17:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Currently watching lock and key on Netflix?

891Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Mar 24 2020, 00:10

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

i thoroughly enjoyed The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPkr9HmglG0

892Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Mar 26 2020, 17:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched the latest curb last night and it was one of the best i've seen. Its the one with Jon Hamm and he turns into a LD clone  Very Happy

893Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Mar 28 2020, 01:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The English Game is interesting on a number of levels as it explores how football in the 1870's evolved from an exclusively upper class affair to involve the working classes and centres around Darwen FC who got to play serial winners Old Etonians in the FA Cup.
Apparently based on a true story it has a few flaws notably ignoring the evolution of the game over the previous 50 years and the Downton Abbey stylings in which the toffs are portrayed but nonetheless it's a good watch for aficionados of football history and the class struggle.
You may also recognise some of the locations.

BTW if your interested in local football history before it became a professional game I sent in a couple of articles to the mods a few years back about the roots of the Bolton team dating back to the 1840s - presumably they've been archived but I wouldn't know where to find them now however the mods (James) might know.

One of them is a newspaper article about a Bolton v Blackburn match played at the Old Bolts ground in Turton in front of a crowd of 40 odd thousand in 1845?

894Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Mar 29 2020, 16:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you have a spare 7 and a half hours and lets be honest who doesn't at the moment then i recommend the Storyville documentary on OJ Simpson on the iplayer. 

Its the whole story on his early life and NFL career and all the infamy that followed after. Well worth a watch and very interesting especially with all the civil rights and the racism in America.

895Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Mar 29 2020, 16:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:If you have a spare 7 and a half hours and lets be honest who doesn't at the moment then i recommend the Storyville documentary on OJ Simpson on the iplayer. 

Its the whole story on his early life and NFL career and all the infamy that followed after. Well worth a watch and very interesting especially with all the civil rights and the racism in America.
I hope they devoted at least two episodes to Nordberg.

896Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Mar 29 2020, 17:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He gets about 3 minutes  Very Happy

897Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Apr 02 2020, 10:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cult series from back in the day - sort of pre-Spooks type thing.

Seems to me to have stood the test of time mostly.

I enjoyed it anyway.

(Note it takes 20 seconds or so to lead into the video and also similar with 'advert' breaks in between.  Also a lot of over-run at the end, so the actual video is much less than the time showing it to be).

898Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Apr 09 2020, 11:01

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Surprised nobody's mentioned, 'Alma's not normal' based in Bolton and typical of Boltononian observational wit. Here's the Guardian review. Check it out

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/apr/07/almas-not-normal-review-comedy-sophie-willan

899Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Apr 09 2020, 13:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did watch it Ten Bob and thought it was good and had a great cast. The line about pasties and them being ye olde would only have been understood by Boltonians  Very Happy

Always nice to see Bolton on telly seeing as i don't live there anymore. I've noticed loads of programmes are filmed there these days.

900Film and TV review. - Page 45 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Apr 09 2020, 14:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's on BBC iplayer for those who haven't seen it -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000h3mf/almas-not-normal

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 45 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum