Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If Bolton Wanderers dies, I'm going to support...

+6
JohannesburgWanderer
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
Keegan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:But that's my whole point - I simply can't envisage any scenario where a "sustainable model" can be applied to what we've got.

It's all far too bulky and has far too much inherent "leakage" built in to the infrastructure.

If we could potentially get the missing 15,000 fans back next week and they all started pumping their money in in vast quantities via the concessions, like back in the heady days of the Prem under Allardyce, then it might just work.

But we both know that ain't going to happen.

Whoever takes ownership is buying a Scania juggernaut complete with three or four forty foot trailers to transport one cow to market.

But the Scania's got dodgy brakes and it leaks oil everywhere so nobody's interested in taking it in part-ex for a far more sensible Tranny van.

So I can't understand why anybody would buy it unless they had one eye on its scrap value and weren't really interested in the cow.

Sort of........
Good analogy.

I think ED won't sell the Scania unless the buyer loves the cow.
But there are still plenty of scenarios based around the owner spending money on the Scania to hire it out or spending money on cattle or cattle-breeding to work the asset. Or just leaving the Scania in the condition it's in to give the cow a chance to breed.
Hang on - this analogy is limited in scope....

I was just about to waste ten minutes typing out a response about the inherent problems with hiring out the Scania (because it's goosed and you can hire a pristine Volvo for the same price) and about how the breeding stock may have to be sacrificed to buy hub caps.....

....but then I realised you were taking the piss, so I'm not playing.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I was just about to waste ten minutes typing out a response about the inherent problems with hiring out the Scania (because it's goosed and you can hire a pristine Volvo for the same price) and about how the breeding stock may have to be sacrificed to buy hub caps.....

....but then I realised you were taking the piss, so I'm not playing.
Wasn't.

It's just unwieldy describing multiple football-related potential  future scenarios through the medium of livestock transportation. Dare I say it's the wrong vehicle?
Tropical fish tank maintenance on the other hand....

Lever ender

Lever ender
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Probably Mossbank juniors, got a hill to use as a terrace,small clubhouse for a bar,and good access.  Parking could be a nightmare tho if it's a sell out.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Can't support anybody else......

But I watch plenty of other footy as it is now but just for the sake of it. Never really care who wins the game for the most part. Watching Barca or Arsenal for example is a breathe of fresh air to see professional footballers pass a ball ten feet.....a skill which is beyond most at the lower levels for some reason.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Impossible to support anyone else.
 i know you're waiting for a bite so i'll oblige,not even the mighty Leeds? Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum